Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:17 pm

a trickster and a ball waster  who has a knack for scoring  important goals,i know he is frustrating but he knows where the goal is and for a wideman to score double figures is a must for any team whatever his liabilities
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:18 pm

andy_g wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
andy_g wrote:the guardian luis garcia gallery from today. as you can see, my own crap effort didn't win. :(

Whot the fuck sent in a headline under the S*n banner ? :veryangry

some sad fuck who obviously isn't a liverpool fan or a liverpool resident. - i hope.

leon sent it in  :laugh: , its a cover up  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:27 pm

ive said all i need to on him in the many other threads.and now ive wasted more energy than i wanted on this one already.
destro

Postby andy_g » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:39 pm

we're all so very grateful for your efforts, destro

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:50 pm

dont clap just throw money :p
destro

Postby Scottbot » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:56 pm

I don't think anyone here can say that Garcia is playing well of late. The lad is clearly off-form but it's jumping the gun to say he's finished as a Liverpool player or isn't Liverpool quality. He's playing badly, is low on confidence and needs a spell on the bench IMO. But in his defense the lad NEVER hides (no matter how poorly he's playing), always wants the ball and is available for a pass when so many of his teamates are NOT.

I assume Rafa is sticking with him for two reasons.
1/ Garcia is clearly one of his favourite (if not the favourite) players
2/ He is a genuine goal threat

The comparisons with Murphy are crazy. As a few have already said, no-one was missing Murph last season. A couple of goals, a few decent performances, the tabloids start creaming their collective pants and now it's 'we never should have sold Danny'. Murphy was, and is a decent player. He scored some vital goals for the club (although very few of these were from open play - not one of Garcia's goals last season came from a free-kick or pen) and i was sad to see him go but if you offered me a swap for Garcia i would not take it.

Garcia is playing lousy but he's still a tremendous talent (albeit enthuriating) in my eyes. I wonder if Rafa has spoken with the lad about his use of the ball? I read an article recently where Kevin nolan said that Okocha has cut right back on tricks/flicks & the unexpected because he was losing the ball too often. I remember Okocha was winning games single handedly for Bolton a couple of seasons back. He doesn't seem to be doing it anymore.

Luis will bounce back.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:39 pm

i wouldnt compare Garcia with Murphy....... Berger maybe
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:08 pm

scottbot is bang on in his judgement. Luis will come good, christ there isn't really anyone standing out just now. I do believe that if you stop creative players like luis and okocha from playing with a free spirit then in the long run you will ruin the player. I know they must fit into systems but these kind of players are very few and you can perhaps afford them to make a few mistakes if they are providing and coming up with sublime quality.

Luis imo sholud be given role behind striker in jan when we have found our rm.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:22 am

When he's back with us it'll be like signing a new player because he has a lot of quality. He is a different kind of player to what we have. He can beat people, cross balls into the area, shoot and also score goals himself. He has been out a long time so he will be hungry to get back.

That was rafa referring to Kewell....how many times he sais that??? kewell=garcia=ball waster=trickster
darwisigila

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:50 am

destro wrote:dont clap just throw money :p

aim for his forehead  :D

in response to those comments 2 above, when you say no one stands out, well i disagree. The whole point of this thread is coz garcia does stand out, and for much of the time for wrong reasons.

so

kewell - very cr'ap
garcia - reasonably cr'ap
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:27 pm

Luis Garcia is our only creatinve player, hes the only one willing to even try to take on players with skills , saying this he should be banned from passing. I suggest we play Garcia up front were he only has to shoot and not pass he seems to have the best finishing ability in our squad and as we know he can also hit them from distance. He will get plenty of goals for us how ever we need to play him in his natural position or in a position were he doesnt have to pass all the time.

IMO Garcia should be played ahead of crouch so crouch can knock the ball down to him. 2 up front crouch and Garcia with some right winger coming in, in january.

for all you Garcia critics he was joint top scorer last season. 13 goals remember that before you slate him next time.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:27 pm

creativity is useless if he loses the ball, we need root one stuff at the moment
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby [Dom2] » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:14 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
andy_g wrote:bloody hell, judge... how many more luis garcia threads do we need.

best wishes,  leon

errr, i mean andy :D

Bellend

:D
[Dom2]

Postby RedWolf35 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:40 pm

GARCIA IS NOT A BAD PLAYER!!!!

All he needs is a spell on the bench and he may stop those silly flick ons and losing possesion so easily.

Judge as for just playing route 1 football   have you not noticed we have only got crouch upfront??   :down:
RedWolf35

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:29 am

i don't know why so many people believe a spell of 'punishment' on the bench will make garcia stop trying his flicks and tricks - and i personally would hate to see that happen. i'm in the camp that is a big fan of luis garcia and i love it that he tries his flicks and tricks. the problem is that he tries them more often than not in the wrong place as he's more often than not played out of position.

a spell of punishment is not whats needed but more time on the training pitch working on combining him with the main striker. he's like crouch, most effective when there are other players close to him - they could be made for each other.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion