Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:There’s always a player like it – believe me.  There’s always a player unlike the others.  There’s always one who tries the impossible.  There’s always one who will bring the crowd off the edge of their seat at the vital point in the game.   But by the same token, I can show you a player who will divide and frustrate the fans.  Some will go against him, some for him.  Some just want him out altogether.  He’ll bring some off their seats, and some screaming in despair. 

We’ve had a lot of players like that over the years.  Even in my short time supporting the club, I remember players that could,  dead set, split 45,000 + supporters and millions across the globe.  Notable examples are the likes of Vladimir Smicer and Jari Litmanen.  You could put them into a stadium filled with fans, give them the ball, tell them to do whatever they want, and within minutes, 20,000 fans would be oohing and aahing, and the rest would be screaming ‘What’s that soft :censored: doing?’  Somehow, I’ve always been an ooh and aah type of guy – I love watching players who will dare to do the impossible – I always have.  I was never a fan of the grizzled defenders, the showy stuff upfront was what I wanted to see.

Which brings me to the one player who can have me off my seat STILL in today’s Liverpool FC.  That man is one Mr Luis Javier Garcia Sanz.  Now, there’s many will have closed the page right here – some people just refuse to accept that Garcia is Liverpool standard.  People have forgot something about this class little man.  People forget what he can do playing for Liverpool.  I don’t care who you are – be you Rafa Benitez or Joe Public in the Centenary – somewhere along the line you have to admit Garcia is one of those elite breed – those who can change a game with a single flick of the boot.  There isn’t many of those players left that I refer to as ‘game-breakers’ in football today.  But Luis is one.  If you don’t believe me – please watch the Juventus game from last season again.  You tell me when you watch that ball arch towards the top corner past the most expensive keeper in the world, that that shot wasn’t Liverpool class.  Hell, try and tell me it wasn’t World-Class.  Go on, try it.  Try and tell me we’ve had that sort of player before, who can make mugs of players in an instant.

This is my whole point – Luis is in the elite.  I understand that people think he ‘doesn’t get stuck in’ or ‘isn’t committed enough, the fancy foreign nancy’.  Well I’m sorry but I don’t believe a word of that.  Remember Everton at home?  Who stayed on for 90 minutes, on one leg, giving it his all?  That same Luis Garcia.  As for giving the ball away, supposedly another one of his weaknesses – I don’t believe in that either.  Of course, I’m not naïve enough to believe Luis is perfect – far from it.  But I do believe that Luis is an unfair scapegoat.  To me, he really does seem the man everyone blames when something goes wrong.  Even if he has his best game for us and we lose 1-0, he’s to blame somewhere for giving the ball away.  And I hate it.  I hate having to defend Luis time after time.   I hate defending him because I feel like I’m the only one who can see the talent he has got.  I know the man has talent and I know he can show it.  Don’t get me wrong I know he has flaws – however he works hard to eradicate them though, and he’s constantly declaring his love to Liverpool.  He’s committed, and he can change games in an instant.  I Love Luis Garcia.  And I’m sure I’m not the only one.  Luis Garcia is a man who can make me rise to my feet in a second.  There has never ever been many of them in my lifetime.

But now to the whole point of what I’m saying.  His efficiency is often criticized by many members of our fanbase, and to be quite frank that hurts, because I know he goes out there, red shirt on, and will give 100% time after time.  But I also know that Garcia, while not always producing efficiency, CAN produce that crackle of electricity and spark that we have lacked in a long, long time.  People always used to say we lacked the man who would do the incredible, preposterous and impossible.  Yet somehow, we picked him up from Barcelona on that day, and now everyone wants to change the genius we have in him.  Man oh man, what more do we want?  We have quality, and we have a man who will raise everyone to their feet.  Edge of my seat? I’m not even on my seat when he does some of the things he does.

Please, PLEASE appreciate this special talent we have.   And just when you’re in the Kop and LG takes stick for lack of efficiency – just remember that LG will produce the electricity to prove you wrong.

Luis Garcia.  He Drinks Sangria.  He’s Come From Barca.  And he’s bringing me joy. 

Copyright John Porter 2005.

RAWK page where I borrowed this excellent peice of writing

is there a clap smilie here?

He is 100% correct!!!!! :bowdown

don't forget he even lit up the game against birmingham a few weeks ago!!

he has special talent!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:28 pm

Trickster? thats right- Paul f.uckin Daniels this lad, everytime he gets the ball it fu.uckin vanishes
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:36 pm

neil wrote:Trickster? thats right- Paul f.uckin Daniels this lad, everytime he gets the ball it fu.uckin vanishes

:D Cruel Neil., uncalled for and incorrect but Funny as feck.  :D  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:36 pm

metalhead wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:There’s always a player like it – believe me.  There’s always a player unlike the others.  There’s always one who tries the impossible.  There’s always one who will bring the crowd off the edge of their seat at the vital point in the game.   But by the same token, I can show you a player who will divide and frustrate the fans.  Some will go against him, some for him.  Some just want him out altogether.  He’ll bring some off their seats, and some screaming in despair. 

We’ve had a lot of players like that over the years.  Even in my short time supporting the club, I remember players that could,  dead set, split 45,000 + supporters and millions across the globe.  Notable examples are the likes of Vladimir Smicer and Jari Litmanen.  You could put them into a stadium filled with fans, give them the ball, tell them to do whatever they want, and within minutes, 20,000 fans would be oohing and aahing, and the rest would be screaming ‘What’s that soft :censored: doing?’  Somehow, I’ve always been an ooh and aah type of guy – I love watching players who will dare to do the impossible – I always have.  I was never a fan of the grizzled defenders, the showy stuff upfront was what I wanted to see.

Which brings me to the one player who can have me off my seat STILL in today’s Liverpool FC.  That man is one Mr Luis Javier Garcia Sanz.  Now, there’s many will have closed the page right here – some people just refuse to accept that Garcia is Liverpool standard.  People have forgot something about this class little man.  People forget what he can do playing for Liverpool.  I don’t care who you are – be you Rafa Benitez or Joe Public in the Centenary – somewhere along the line you have to admit Garcia is one of those elite breed – those who can change a game with a single flick of the boot.  There isn’t many of those players left that I refer to as ‘game-breakers’ in football today.  But Luis is one.  If you don’t believe me – please watch the Juventus game from last season again.  You tell me when you watch that ball arch towards the top corner past the most expensive keeper in the world, that that shot wasn’t Liverpool class.  Hell, try and tell me it wasn’t World-Class.  Go on, try it.  Try and tell me we’ve had that sort of player before, who can make mugs of players in an instant.

This is my whole point – Luis is in the elite.  I understand that people think he ‘doesn’t get stuck in’ or ‘isn’t committed enough, the fancy foreign nancy’.  Well I’m sorry but I don’t believe a word of that.  Remember Everton at home?  Who stayed on for 90 minutes, on one leg, giving it his all?  That same Luis Garcia.  As for giving the ball away, supposedly another one of his weaknesses – I don’t believe in that either.  Of course, I’m not naïve enough to believe Luis is perfect – far from it.  But I do believe that Luis is an unfair scapegoat.  To me, he really does seem the man everyone blames when something goes wrong.  Even if he has his best game for us and we lose 1-0, he’s to blame somewhere for giving the ball away.  And I hate it.  I hate having to defend Luis time after time.   I hate defending him because I feel like I’m the only one who can see the talent he has got.  I know the man has talent and I know he can show it.  Don’t get me wrong I know he has flaws – however he works hard to eradicate them though, and he’s constantly declaring his love to Liverpool.  He’s committed, and he can change games in an instant.  I Love Luis Garcia.  And I’m sure I’m not the only one.  Luis Garcia is a man who can make me rise to my feet in a second.  There has never ever been many of them in my lifetime.

But now to the whole point of what I’m saying.  His efficiency is often criticized by many members of our fanbase, and to be quite frank that hurts, because I know he goes out there, red shirt on, and will give 100% time after time.  But I also know that Garcia, while not always producing efficiency, CAN produce that crackle of electricity and spark that we have lacked in a long, long time.  People always used to say we lacked the man who would do the incredible, preposterous and impossible.  Yet somehow, we picked him up from Barcelona on that day, and now everyone wants to change the genius we have in him.  Man oh man, what more do we want?  We have quality, and we have a man who will raise everyone to their feet.  Edge of my seat? I’m not even on my seat when he does some of the things he does.

Please, PLEASE appreciate this special talent we have.   And just when you’re in the Kop and LG takes stick for lack of efficiency – just remember that LG will produce the electricity to prove you wrong.

Luis Garcia.  He Drinks Sangria.  He’s Come From Barca.  And he’s bringing me joy. 

Copyright John Porter 2005.

RAWK page where I borrowed this excellent peice of writing

is there a clap smilie here?

He is 100% correct!!!!! :bowdown

don't forget he even lit up the game against birmingham a few weeks ago!!

he has special talent!

justin fashinu
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:37 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Feeney wrote:Garica does give balls away - sometimes almost passing to the opposition. However, if you study him, you will see that a good percentage of his balls are clever balls, attempting to carve open a defence - they don't come off, however it is mostly the 'right' type of ball to play, rather than the easiest.

You could swap the name of Luis Garcia to Danny Murphy and the paragraph would read the same...  But how many people here would want him back?

We have swapped a 13 goal a season English man who sometimes (moretimes than Garcia actually) played a winning defence splitting pass, but occasionally (a lot less than Garcia actually) gave the ball away, for a spanish version.

Who is the better player though???

Great point fella!
All the more sickening is that Murphy is now playing the best football of his career at charlton!

When did Murphy score 13 goals in a season?

Murphy's record with us:

99-00 3 goals in 21 games
00-01 5 goals in 36 games
01-02 8 goals in 50 games
02-03 9 goals in 49 games
03-04 5 goals in 38 games

Murphy hasn't scored more than 7 goals in the Premiership whilst he was with us nor did he score in double figures overall for us.

Luis Garcia with us last season:
04-05 13 goals in 44 games

8 goals in the Premiership, which is more than Murphy has ever scored in the Premiership while he was playing for us
13 goals overall, more than Murphy has ever scored in his CAREER.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:15 am

i still like murphy tho', in a footballing sense that is
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:31 am

the guardian luis garcia gallery from today. as you can see, my own crap effort didn't win. :(

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:38 am

andy_g wrote:the guardian luis garcia gallery from today. as you can see, my own crap effort didn't win. :(

Whot the fuck sent in a headline under the S*n banner ? :veryangry
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:42 am

first of all, we should make a new poll:
"do we need more threads about luis garcia?"
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:53 am

Or, have we got a new spice boy?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:26 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:first of all, we should make a new poll:
"do we need more threads about luis garcia?"

your right annie, just this one will suffice  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:51 pm

If garcia comes in here, he is going to suicide then we can have Joaquin at right winger.

Garcia is a great talented player, if he can't stand there as our right winger, don't you think that sinama can do better than him? It seems a bit weird when i saw him with a great left foot but place at right position, but right is only right position for him. :D
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:16 pm

bottom line is he's crap most of the time :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:27 pm

I wasn't saying I would rater have Danny Murphy, I was just making the point that we got rid of a player who contributed the same kind of quality as Garcia gives.  He was another player that frustrated, yet Raffa is sticking with garcia no matter what performance he delivers.

I personally think its time he was stuck in the reserves for a few games to get his confidence back up and also give someone else, most probably Ping Pong a chance on the right.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby andy_g » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:36 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
andy_g wrote:the guardian luis garcia gallery from today. as you can see, my own crap effort didn't win. :(

Whot the fuck sent in a headline under the S*n banner ? :veryangry

some sad fuck who obviously isn't a liverpool fan or a liverpool resident. - i hope.
Last edited by andy_g on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion