Bring back garcia - Trickster, ball waster part 2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Feeney » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:41 pm

Former Liverpool favourite Garcia to make Premier League return

By Joe Bernstein

Former Liverpool favourite Luis Garcia is on the verge of making an emotional return to the Premier League.

The 30-year-old Spanish international has been given permission by current club Atletico Madrid to sign for an English club and is close to completing a loan deal, with the option to make it permanent in the summer.

The £2million-rated Garcia spent three seasons with Liverpool between 2004 and 2007 and is best remembered for scoring the Champions League semi-final winner against Chelsea in 2005. He got a standing ovation at Anfield when he returned their with Atletico in the Champions League earlier this season.

West Ham and Newcastle are both admirers of the Spanish wide-man and hope they will get the nod.

BRING BACK GARCIA!!!!!

January addition for the Prem (as ineligable for Euro Cup) and very much needed given the draws we have had so far this season. Couldn't think of a more apt addition to the squad and i'm sure would be a welcome return amongst the players. If there's one player we could bring in, surely Garcia has to rank highly among them.

As you can tell, I'm a strong believer in Garcia and felt we got rid of him and replaced him with a worse player in Benayoun. Ball waster at times yes, but comes up with goals when they are very much needed against the most stubborn of opposition.

:buttrock  :buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Hmmm

Don't think so. I love little Luis but he's not going to improve us if he came back.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Controversial shout that, bringing Garcia back.

Was a big fan of his first time around, but not sure bringing him back would work.  Not just because of footballing reasons, but wasn't the reason he left because he was homesick? 

A loan deal until the end of the season though?  Personally I'd say no, he always saved his best performances for the Champions League and we couldn't even use him in that competition.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Im going to don me tin hat but it looks like Joe Cole is surplus to requirements at Chelsea wouldnt mind him, for our title challenge.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:52 pm

Ciggy wrote:Im going to don me tin hat but it looks like Joe Cole is surplus to requirements at Chelsea wouldnt mind him, for our title challenge.

Not a bad shout Cig - i'm a fan of Cole too. Just think for the cash (and by all account, we have none) we'd be getting a better deal with Garcia.

Scored a total of 18 goals in the Prem for us, not a bad return especially considering he only played a handful of games in his last season.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:52 pm

If we are as skint as I think we are, Garcia would be a good short term solution. I know who I would prefer coming off the bench Garcia or Ngog. Garcia frustrated me to death when he was with us, but he also did some great things and scored some fantastic goals as well.

Not top of my wish list for Christmas, but he's not at the bottom either.  He can't be any worse than Kuyt and Babel have been over the last few games surely?

Just read Ciggy's post........ I would prefer Cole ! I just can't see Chelsea selling him...... not to us anyway.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:56 pm

I wouldn't mind him to be honest as a loan deal! he would definetly add some creativity when coming off the bench, very good little player.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:56 pm

s@int wrote: He can't be any worse than Kuyt and Babel have been over the last few games surely?

This is off subject but, bit harsh on Kuyt there Saint?

Ngog fair do's, but Kuyt's been one of our most consistent players this season and is weighing in with goals again.

I should have emphasised in my post that I do see Garcia as a short term solution to a thorny issue we currently hae in breaking teams down. Think of it as a Fowler-esque, Lasarus type comeback.   :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:56 pm

Can't see it happening somehow, he was a decent sub for us and scored some crucial goals, but can you really see Rafa accommodating him in the current set up? Way too wasteful, never good enough to be a regular for us and I'm sure it isn't us being alluded to as the "English club".
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 am

Feeney wrote:
s@int wrote: He can't be any worse than Kuyt and Babel have been over the last few games surely?

Ngog fair do's, but Kuyt's been one of our most consistent players this season and is weighing in with goals again.

I should have emphasised in my post that I do see Garcia as a short term solution to a thorny issue we currently hae in breaking teams down. Think of it as a Fowler-esque, Lasarus type comeback.   :laugh:

Kuyt had a good start to the season and was one of our best performers over the first 12/14 games or so. Since then he has declined badly for me. I think he has been terrible in the last couple of games mate.

I don't want to get on Kuyts back because he has taken a lot of stick on here (both justified and unjustified) but even his exceptional work rate has been more of a hinderence than a help lately.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Feeney » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:05 am

s@int wrote:
Feeney wrote:

Kuyt had a good start to the season and was one of our best performers over the first 12/14 games or so. Since then he has declined badly for me. I think he has been terrible in the last couple of games mate.

I don't want to get on Kuyts back because he has taken a lot of stick on here (both justified and unjustified) but even his exceptional work rate has been more of a hinderence than a help lately.

Fair enough.

For me, everyone has declined badly and not one player is partcularly guilty. It is surprising that no-one (or tabloid rag!) has mentioned the words "Dark" and "December" yet.......

Obv being top of the league has its perks........  :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:05 am

Little luis wont be back in the prem his wife hated England, he wanted to leave, we do miss that bit of creativity and to unlock tricky defences but i dont think Garcia is our answer.
Ecspecially not with the possession football we play, saying that kuyt gives the ball away as much as garcia did.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:41 am

I would love to see Joe Cole at Anfield
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:44 am

taff wrote:I would love to see Joe Cole at Anfield

You won't have to wait too much longer, Chelsea still to visit Anfield
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:47 am

id like to see Garcia come back. we missed his creativity and he could be a perfect partner for Torres if Keane is off form....more importantly we can play him instead of kuyt.
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion