Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:51 am

i do hope somehow he suddenly shruggs off he ball wasting, and scores more often, and wins the ball back without conceeding a free kick in the process
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:46 am

Judge wrote:i do hope somehow he suddenly shruggs off he ball wasting, and scores more often, and wins the ball back without conceeding a free kick in the process

Ah, I see.... you mean change his game totally!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:39 pm

something like that :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:12 pm

:no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:31 pm

is your name metalhead for a reason :D

opinions are personal :eyebrow
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:40 pm

Awwhh come on metalhead, you know we are speaking the truth!!! :D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:11 pm

when garcias on fire he's sublime, but much of the time he's very average. imo. But i cant doubt his goal scoring tally so far, especially that spectacular one versus Juve. Nonetheless, he is a very frustrating player, and i'd rather have someone who could produce his sparks on a more consistent basis, thats all :cool:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:16 pm

Even those of us who really rate him get frustrated by the little fecker Judge. Trouble is with players like Luis, consistency would actually take something away from his game, it's his very inconsistency and unpredictability that makes him such an enigmatic player. No, we're all just going to have to take the crunchy with the smooth. He'll give the ball away annoy your goolies off but he'll do the biz aswell. Someday he'll be an Anfield legend, but he'll never be consistent.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:21 pm

bigmick wrote:Even those of us who really rate him get frustrated by the little fecker Judge. Trouble is with players like Luis, consistency would actually take something away from his game, it's his very inconsistency and unpredictability that makes him such an enigmatic player. No, we're all just going to have to take the crunchy with the smooth. He'll give the ball away annoy your goolies off but he'll do the biz aswell. Someday he'll be an Anfield legend, but he'll never be consistent.

well, as long as he dont end up like that bellend max, i'll be cool with it (playground humour)  :D

joking apart, he's along way to go to reach the heights of players such as king kenny, keagan, toshack, rush, molby, craig johnston, whelan etc etc.
Personally, i dont think he'll be at anfield after about the next year or so. heres hopefully  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:16 am

legend at anfield? ???? maybe..legend of waster or legend of inconsistency or legend of give the ball away..
darwisigila

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:54 am

Consistancy is key in modern day football.  I love seeing Garcia having a "great day at the office", but it does not happen enough for me. But maybe it's because he is playing out of position?  As is Cisse, who some would also say is under performing (when he gets a chance!!!!).

I hope Benitez is not falling into the Houllier trap, playing players out of position!

Garcia is not my favourite player because possesion is such an important part of the game and he loses it too often, but I would agree with others here, that he would benifit from playing just behind the main striker in the hole!
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:37 am

darwisigila wrote:legend at anfield? ???? maybe..legend of waster or legend of inconsistency or legend of give the ball away..

Or legend at scoring vital goals in our 5th European cup winning campaign.
1 at home to Leverkusen
2 away to Leverkusen
1 Screamer to knock the stuffing out of the mighty Juventus
1 The winner in the semi final at Anfield

That sort of stuff creates legends whether you like the player or not.

In 30 years time when my kids look at footage of that campaign Luis Garcia will be one of the players that stands out most.

And although this season has not started as well as it could of he scored in the super cup final.
Scorer a lovely goal in Betis, and a decent one at Birmingham as well...not too bad for someone playing out of position.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:02 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
darwisigila wrote:legend at anfield? ???? maybe..legend of waster or legend of inconsistency or legend of give the ball away..

Or legend at scoring vital goals in our 5th European cup winning campaign.
1 at home to Leverkusen
2 away to Leverkusen
1 Screamer to knock the stuffing out of the mighty Juventus
1 The winner in the semi final at Anfield

That sort of stuff creates legends whether you like the player or not.

In 30 years time when my kids look at footage of that campaign Luis Garcia will be one of the players that stands out most.

And although this season has not started as well as it could of he scored in the super cup final.
Scorer a lovely goal in Betis, and a decent one at Birmingham as well...not too bad for someone playing out of position.

will you show your kids the times he lost the ball and cost us the game.........i think not
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:21 am

A measure of the quality of Garcia is that if we are trailing 1-0 with half an hour to go tonight and the camera pans over to the bench, who would you like to see come on (this is assuming Luis doesn't start)? If he is sub, and he does come on with half an hour to go even his harsher critics would not bet against him getting at least one chance to score before the final whistle. He may not score of course, but he WILL get a chance to score.
Why? it's all in the movement mate and the speed of thought. Next time Luis scores a goal watch it on the replay. I absolutely guarantee you that when he starts his movement everybody else stood within fifteen yards of him is stood stock still. It's a gift and it's why Garcia will always, always score goals.
I have to ask the question again with Garcia. If he played for Real Valladoid, had scored 13 goals last season from the right wing when he is left footed, had started this season with more goals and had broken into the Spanish national squad, would we want to buy him. Seriously guys, we have an absolute match-winner in our midst and we are choosing to focus on his weaknesses rather than his strengths. Honestly, some fells go on about Jari Littmanen and the like, this lad is twice the player Jari was by the time he came to Anfield. All IMHO of course.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:35 am

why some people feel they have only black and white to pick?
garcia gave us some unvaluable contribution, that's obvious, but he needs to improve to not losing ball too easy
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion