Luis garcia - Well done lad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:16 am

Just wanted to do a quick thread about a certain Mr Garcia - after the weekend.
I think it's fair to say - he's takin a fair bit of stick on this forum to date.  Some justified (Possibly)  ???
Some (Absolute Boll*cks)  :angry:

I know it was only one game on Saturday, but, again I think it's fair to say he showed us all what he can do.
There were some fantastics crosses going into the box & his contributon to the team effort was excellent.
Just wanted to say - well done Son, keep it up - and if Morientes keeps knocking them in - your gonna be a legend.

And to all those - calling for his head after a few games
Boll*cks  :p
SouthernScouser

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:03 pm

garcia was better than usual but he still lost the ball in dangerous areas and correct me if im wrong but luis getting dispossessed let to the fulham goal
109-1105722616

Postby maximus » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:10 pm

marklfc wrote:garcia was better than usual but he still lost the ball in dangerous areas and correct me if im wrong but luis getting dispossessed let to the fulham goal

How would you know  ??? as a steward, you have your back to the pitch   ??? ..........................sorry, I was talking about that other t@sser Dapioneer, don't know why I was mistaken  ???
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:15 pm

No need to correct you Mark
You are correct - he did try to flick the ball to Gerrard & it didn't come off
But then you could argue that we didn't have any cover at right back, so the fulham lad had plenty of time to pick his cross
then you could argue that we should have dealt with the ball when it came in, but we didnt
Jeez - I don't know, over critical or what ???

his mistakes were completely overshadowed by him being instrumental in our dismantling of the Fulham
:D

Your right of course Mark
He's still got a way to go - before he's the finished article - but the promise is definitely their.
I just though the lad deserved a "Big Up" for his performance as do the rest of the lads & the gaffa
:D
SouthernScouser

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:15 pm

Garcia could be a VERY GOOD player, but for now he is only a good player.

To be a VERY GOOD player he needs to....

1) Release the ball earlier more often....

2) Not try dribbling the entire opposition every time he gets the ball at his feet....

3) Play it SIMPLE more often....

I am sure Benitez will sort him out.

Garcia "could" be really great for us over the next few seasons.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:57 pm

Garcia always semms to play better at home for some reason. ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:11 pm

wasn't there a prev discussion bout garcia with a spanish quote?
soemthiung like him being like a potato? good footballer - bad head?

or were they two seperate things describing garcia?
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:31 pm

Garcia plays better at Anfield as the rest of the team plays better at Anfield.

I think he is a great little player, he will lose possesion from time to time, but I feel if we had Hamman playing instead of the donkey Biscan, the problems caused would never have happened.

He is improving all the time and causing opposition teams problems...  I agree with Southern Scouser, well in lad!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:42 pm

it's the first time this season that garcia has managed to play two games in a row without getting slagged off here afterwards.

he should be judged by his PRODUCT. i,e, how many goals he scores and how many he creates. i think he has scored 5 goals so far (he'd be in double figures if he could shoot properly), and in the last few games has had 2 major assists.

however we saw the best and the worst of him in the space of about 10 minutes on saturday. the nutmeg on boa morte and the cross for morientes was just superb. on the other hand he then gifts fulham possession by trying another fancy flick and they go up the other end and equalise.

he needs to learn, but given time i'm sure he'll be a very important player for us. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rimetto » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:44 pm

Garcia has on occasions given the ball away cheaply in recent games but i think this season is a season that we need to be patient with the new lads as they adjust to the closer marking and quicker closing down in the english game.

He has the ability to make things happen for us and that is what we need. For to long now we've been relient on the GOD that is Stevie G to produce a cutting pass or a superhuman shot.

We may not finish any higher or in point terms any closer to the champions who ever they are but personally i'm enjoying the way we are palying. Gone as the day were we try to bore the team into submission. Back are the days when we actually try to control the game with passing and movement.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:17 pm

maximus wrote:
marklfc wrote:garcia was better than usual but he still lost the ball in dangerous areas and correct me if im wrong but luis getting dispossessed let to the fulham goal

How would you know  ??? as a steward, you have your back to the pitch   ??? ..........................sorry, I was talking about that other t@sser Dapioneer, don't know why I was mistaken  ???

next time you bother to go the match, if you ever do. have a look around and see how many stewards are just standing there on the stairwells watching the game, and admire the view we get. its a perk of the job, watching the game and getting paid.

the lads with their back to the pitch tend to be the ones who arent interested in the game, but were i am i get to watch the game undisturbed.  i must admit dapioneer has a point about the lack of atmosphere, and somebody else mentioned that the majority of ooters only know the 'walk on walk on' oart of ynwa.  these people contribute nothing to the club other than they fill seats, if anything they are an embarrassment to the club.  considering that you are an ooter and you are proud, tell me what city you are from and why you dont support your local team.

and stop with this dapioneer business, im not him nor do i know him
109-1105722616

Postby zarababe » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:20 pm

.. u are Diaponeer.. admit it .. plz
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:24 pm

youve got me, im the dapioneer

am i f*ck!!!

get a grip will you
109-1105722616

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:35 pm

marklfc wrote:correct me if im wrong but luis getting dispossessed let to the fulham goal

Nah, I think it was Gerrard losing the coin toss before the kick-off that leads to their goal...  :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:38 pm

sorry to be in a sacarstic mood...bad day. :)

No I don't have the answer but I think we did not lose the ball foolishly in a dangerous position leading to the goal. H'ever, Hyppia should have pick out Cole when the cross came in.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion