Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:41 am

i thought rafa had bought garcia coz he was already a clever lad!!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:51 am

He is clever in la liga but not in EPL. He can't speak english well.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:52 am

so he's cr'ap coz he cant speak english well :D  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:03 am

Not saying Garcia doesn't loose the ball alot, but i think people are making a scape goat of him instead of looking at our real problems. Garcia was giving the ball away last year but he did well. I think the main problems with our team are the formation we play and the strikers we have at the moment. People can defend Crouch and Cisse all they want but if either of them are not scoring goals we have a BIG problem and at the moment thats what we've got.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby darwisigila » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:16 am

i can't remember any ball waster as great as luis ' :censored:' garcia....no matter how beautiful goals he scores, he still a :censored:
darwisigila

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:29 am

i must admit that garcia does win us lots of free kicks, and does score sublime goals now and again. But he also concedes lots of free kicks and loses the ball resulting in a goal for the opposition :angry:

that is fact :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:54 am

Red wrote:a little off topic and some may not agree, daddyo made a reply/point to which made me think about Cisse,

daddyo wrote

I believe Rafa's trying to play him thru this. thinking that to drop him would do                                                           a. his confidence no good at all and                                  b. not help in integrating him into the system he's trying so hard to perfect (of which he sees Garcia or someone like him) as being a major part.........

now how can some people defend garcia like this? yeah ok like we have all said before Garcia made an impact to our CL campaign last season, But if he aint up to doing the job he should be dropped to the bench,
now as for Cisse doesnt the above quote effect him in the same way? of course it would, he has spent more time warming the bench this season than actually playing, bringing Cisse into a match that has only 20 or 10 mins remaining doesnt give him time to show what he can do, and because he doesnt produce in the time given that keeps him to the bench longer which further dents his confidence and so on.

Now some replys to this post is going to be....Rafa dont like him or hes going to be sold in jan window or he doesnt fit in to the formation that Rafa is using ATM ,AND hes just not good enough, well if he is given the chance to actually start matches and given a good run like 5 or 6 that alone would boost his confidnece by a mile.

now that is my thought :buttrock

You've taken a wrong turn dude.

I'm NOT defending LG, just like a few on the forum can see he's not playing well, an the discussion is is he good enough or not.

The point i'm making does not change and maybe it does also apply to Cisse, however as the Manager Rafa has decisions to make about formations and personnel.
It seems to me that he's made his decision-i.e. to play LG and NOT change his system or change to acccomodate Cisse.

FWIW i think that by playing Cisse up front with Crouch puts LG right out of the equation, where would he play?
RM to (potentially) put crosses in a la SG? or LM to do the same? (he doesn't go 'outside' of many defenders) or centre mid  :no and to repeat, IMO Rafa thinks LG gives us more than Cisse, now I may be wrong-Rafa may be wrong and if Cisse plays with the same regularity and he's gone come Jan. maybe we'll never know, but there's one thing thats certain-you can't please all the people all the time.

Oh finally again just a thought, but I don't beleive that if Cisse came off the bench and scored that it would guarantee him a start, if Rafa doesn't 'fancy' him it may even serve to consolidate his position there (supersub???). just a thought..... :)
daddyo

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:34 pm

love him or loathe, we are stuck with him, well until january at least or beyond.

we wont win the PL judging by our one win in the league. ffs, newcastle are above us, and wigan.

its so frustrating, it really is :(
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:52 pm

Feeney wrote:Garica does give balls away - sometimes almost passing to the opposition. However, if you study him, you will see that a good percentage of his balls are clever balls, attempting to carve open a defence - they don't come off, however it is mostly the 'right' type of ball to play, rather than the easiest.

You could swap the name of Luis Garcia to Danny Murphy and the paragraph would read the same...  But how many people here would want him back?

We have swapped a 13 goal a season English man who sometimes (moretimes than Garcia actually) played a winning defence splitting pass, but occasionally (a lot less than Garcia actually) gave the ball away, for a spanish version.

Who is the better player though???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:54 pm

murphy (simple enough)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:01 pm

I agree, I thought he would make a better squad player than Garcia as he has a better range of passing and understands the English game.  My only problem with Danny Murphy was that when the games got a bit on the rough side he would go missing, but Garcia does the same.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby antz » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:01 pm

Do you think Murphy would have scored the goals Garcia did in the champs leauge ?
antz

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:05 pm

Champions League, smahmpion league!!!

Why are we all going on about the champions league? ?????

The Premiership is the big one... Its the one we want, isn't it...  I think we could win the champions league again, even with our current form, but do we look anywhere nearer winning the league than when we managed by Roy Evans or Gerrard Houllier?

When was the last time we finished 5th in the League??

Is that really what you want?

How many teams have won the league, by scoring less goals than virtually everybody else?  That is our problem this year, no-one, including Garcia looks like scoring..

Sorry... rant over!
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:05 pm

And by the way... yes, I do think Murphy would have scored in the Champions League
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby antz » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:07 pm

Okay
antz

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion