Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jkop » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:03 am

Judge wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Judge wrote:i like garcia coz his wifes fit

:D  :p  :D

Any chance of posting a pic then !!

click here and scroll down

:p

Very fit indeed. :eyebrow Thank you judge.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:10 am

As we know he is a key player at times and scores at crucial moments with great finishing,but as we know he always seems to give the ball away. As my eldely Grandad says during the match "Not like Garcia to lose it" now he may be losing it but he says that a good 4 times a match.
YNWA-JUSTICE FOR THE 96
THE RAFALUTION HAS BEGUN...........

YNWA-JUSTICE FOR THE 96
LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA

Postby stmichael » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Well the game yesterday once again reaffirmed why Luis is still a vital player for us. Despite giving the ball away endlessly as usual, he was worth his weight in gold because he made the winning goal with a superb reverse pass.

The thing is if we where to ever get rid of lil luis we would miss him badly there simply are not many players like him around although he is indeed the most frustrating player i have witnessed on the hallowed turf of anfield.

I remember watching barca in the semis last season away to ac milan and ronaldinho was shockingly poor for him but then produced a brilliant pass for the goal and i thought at the time the way he had played upto that moment was like watching our very own lil luis.

Just that one pass, one goal or piece of brilliance lil luis is capable of that and that is why he is a very very important member of our squad.

he reminds me very much of smicer when he first came only better (nothing against vlad though) :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:57 pm

Judge wrote:i like garcia coz his wifes fit

:D  :p  :D

Have to agree there  :buttrock

:love:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:59 pm

fu.ckin hell is that prince with garcias bird :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:25 am

prince - he drives a little red corvette :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:42 am

Can this thread now be locked once and for all?

I think that we have established that Garcia is an important member of the squad.

This thread is simply turning into a general chat thread.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:30 pm

actually, move it to gen chat then
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 5 stars » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:00 am

stmichael wrote:I remember watching barca in the semis last season away to ac milan and ronaldinho was shockingly poor for him but then produced a brilliant pass for the goal and i thought at the time the way he had played upto that moment was like watching our very own lil luis.
:D

Creative midfielders, like Ronaldinho play their best football playing in attacking teams. In a more defensive team, they are a liability. Since the start of this season we have been a far more attacking team, Rafa has the right attacking players this season. Last season he didn't, we were just hitting long balls up to Crouch all the time. We ended up lacking imagination during matches, doing the same old thing. Garcia is full of imagination, now we have a more attacking we will see the best from Garcia. :;):
5 stars

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:54 am

Can this thread now be locked once and for all?

I think that we have established that Garcia is an important member of the squad.

This thread is simply turning into a general chat thread.

I think it's a useful thread. Some people around here would need to read the first two pages of this thread to know how wrong it is to make "definitive" comments after just a bad game. They should stop the reading when they rich this post

I think Garcia is a superb player, his goal scoring record is superb and he is the attacking edge that you often need when games are a bit of a stalemate.

The reason people get on his back is because he gives the ball away, and I agree it can be frustrating, but I will offer two reasons why rather than excuses for it:

1) He is unlike other players brave enough to try the flick/stepover/turn/dink etc on the pitch. So many players can do those kind of things, but are restricted by their manger/team formation from trying it.

2) New members of the squad, (and indeed older established  ones) need to adapt to Luis' style of play as much as Luis needs to adapt to the English league. Just like two strikers (are you reading this Cisse, Crouch, Nando and Ping Pong) need to form an almost telepathic understanding of each others movement and style of play, so do the other members of Luis' team need to understand what he will try to do with the ball.

You need different types of players in your first 11 to mould a winning team. Some need discipline and a great reading of the game, some stamina and a terrific engine to cover every blade of grass, some need lighning pace and a keen eye for goal, some agility and a bravery to put your body on the line and some need lots of skill and endevour and a good footballing brain.

Luis falls into the last category. The disciplined readers of the game, like Carragher for example are not the kind to see the killer pass or try the audacious lob from 35 yards (remember that Mr Buffon), so they give it to players that can/will like our little Luis.

Dont get me wrong, I think Luis needs to work on his game in terms of playing the more simple ball at times, but if he does give the ball away, its only through trying to create a chance for the team.

People forget all too easily the goals and chances people have had when they see the odd stray pass.

I can only presume that some of you people who have openly slated Luis on here are the same di.ckheads who sit behind me at the match and slate Kewell, Garcia, Riise, Traore, and many other players everytime they misplace a pass.

Misplaced pass' and tackles are what football is about, if a team never misplaced a ball or pass then it would be a boring game to watch. Players need encouragement, not slagging and berating after something they try goes wrong.

Thing is, its only certain players that you lot pick up on anyway. Gerrard misplaces plenty of passes, but there are not threads started every other day about dropping him are there?

I think it was written by Leon-dunnowhat. :)
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:59 pm

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:59 pm

Liverpool’s Spanish midfielder Luis Garcia, hero of many a game and occasional villain too, says he’s well aware of the jeers he gets from the crowd when a pass doesn’t work out as it he intended and possession is lost. He wants Liverpool fans to know that he is always trying his best; always trying what he thinks instinctively will be the best ball to play at that split second. And because it’s instinctive, it’s not likely to be something that he’s able to stop happening: “It’s not that I’m going to change. I hear everything the fans shout. I don’t like it when they blame or boo me, but it’s something I have to live with. I understand they get frustrated when my pass doesn’t go through.”

Speaking to the Sunday Times, Luis says he’s just as unhappy with the outcome as the fans are: “I get frustrated myself; I hate it when there’s a back-heel which doesn’t work or a pass which is cut out. But I can’t stay frustrated long. This is the way I play and I have to get on with the game.”

He made a plea to the supporters: “I want the fans to understand I am trying, that if something I do doesn’t work, if I give the ball away, it’s not because I don’t care.” Luis says it’s down to his own gut feeling: “Every play I do is because it’s the best thing I can think of at that moment, and, as a player, you’ve normally got to follow it – it’s not because I want to show off.”

Despite asking for understanding that his errors come about in this way, he’s not going to rely on that excuse – he’s working on improving his game: “I’m trying to close that big gap between the best of me and the worst. If I’m playing it’s because the boss thinks my best is greater than my worst, that the best things I do can change something and the worst is not so bad he cannot have it on the pitch. But sometimes people make me feel it is.”

Garcia also points out that perhaps people are expecting a little too much from him, saying that it’s very rare for players to be able to do both the fancy stuff and the simple stuff: “People like a player who doesn’t lose the ball and also like a player who does something that’s nice to see, but how many players do both? Zidane? Not many others. That’s why you need different players, someone like Xabi who can keep the ball, and someone like me who sometimes loses it because I’m trying the more difficult pass.” He is working on those instincts though, and feels he’s getting better at knowing when a simple ball is better than a flashy piece of skill: “I’m trying to learn when to do it and I think I’m much better than in my first season.”

He also says that his reputation for losing possession by trying a trick at an inappropriate time means that the media can be quick to jump on any mistakes he makes, ignoring his positive contributions: “I have a past in my bag - that’s why if I do a brilliant game but I lose one ball, one stupid ball, I know the next day that some newspapers I read will be talking about the ball I lost. So I’ve got something in my bag I’ll never get rid of.”

He’s loving life in England now and feels extremely settled. His young son – the reason for his trademark thumb-sucking goal celebration – is already speaking English more than he speaks Spanish: “My two-year-old son is going to nursery and learning English. He doesn’t even know one word in Spanish, because I speak English with him. I love hearing him talk.” He says it took some time to settle, but any pangs of homesickness are now gone: “For the first two years our family missed the Spanish weather and food, but now I never feel the desire to go back to Spain. This part of the year is the worst in England - you don’t see the sun for days and miss Spanish Christmas.”

Then there are the holidays, or lack of them; Garcia finds it odd that he’ll be playing on December 30th and on New Years’ Day: “In Spain you also get 7-10 days off football. Here, we’re playing on Saturday and again on Monday. I don’t think I’ve done that ever! But I’m happy here.”

He also explained where stories linking him to a move back to Spain and Atletico Madrid may have come from: “That’s because I was speaking with one of my friends in the national team and he said, ‘How long have you got on your contract?’ I said, ‘Three years’ and he said, ‘What are you going to do in three years?’ I said, ‘I don’t even know what I’m going to do tomorrow!’ He said, ‘Would you like to come back to Spain’ and I said, ‘Why not? It would be nice to come back one day and play for Atletico.’ So I think the story came from there and got changed a bit.”

As we move towards the January transfer window opening two weeks today we can dismiss any tales of Garcia being homesick or unwanted, he’s staying: “I never said I want to leave here this year or next year. I don’t see myself going anywhere for the next two years. I’d be 30 then and it might be time to go back, but football can change in two months so I’m not thinking too far ahead.”
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:18 pm

Good read that Leon.

It's good to know that he confirms he want to stay here, those words are much more valuable than any article talking about his supposedly wish to leave, from now on.

I think also it's not positive he acknowledge those jeers and comments, we should rethink how important is that the players feel the warmth of the supporters, they care more than we know. Anyway he's honest about that and talks in a sensible way.

We all might think at some point that you can avoid that frustation by not picking a back heel or a difficult trick and playing easier instead. but it's not that simple, actually in football there's not time for thinking and hesitation when you're on the pitch often, so we should understand him aswell and we should acknowledge all the good goals in open play he has provided us.

I see the guy really adapted to this league, no problems of adaptation I just hope he stays with us :cool:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouse_legend » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:49 pm

garcia is a gd player but he dont keep it up everygame he great playing in the champions league but then he aint that gd in the premiership he dont make sense loll ???

Scouse_legend

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:09 am

Scouse_legend wrote:garcia is a gd player but he dont keep it up everygame he great playing in the champions league but then he aint that gd in the premiership he dont make sense loll ???

Is he consistent? No he isn't but to say that he isn't good in the Premiership period is off the mark.

Premiership stats:

2004/2005 - 8 goals
2005/2006 - 7 goals
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion