Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kalos » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:23 pm

My take on Garcia.....frustrating beyond belief MOST of the time. Bags vital goals sometimes.

As many have said in other threads the key to winning the league is buying the right players this summer and CONSISTENCY. Garcia IMHO will never give us this and therefore cannot be part of our long term goals (no pun intended).

Eventually his wastefulness is going to cost us dearly and possibly be the difference in winning or losing when playing the other big three.

His tricks and flicks are becoming far too predictable for the opposition and  he has a negative impact on everyone the amount of times he gives the ball away with schoolboy errors.

Buy another right winger and either ship him out or have him as "super sub" type player.
kalos

Postby Judge » Tue May 02, 2006 7:41 am

kazza wrote:Luis Garcia; trickster, ball waster and non FA Cup final participator!

forgot that one kazza  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Tue May 02, 2006 7:59 am

and backbeater!

:D
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby GLB1 » Tue May 02, 2006 8:10 am

Greetings Sabre my Spanish Friend... You always come up with the most logical solutions. Punish these play actors out of the game!! Though putting the responsibility back on the refs though is a bit difficult as they are the person that the player is trying to deceive.

Solution: Video Evidence similar to what we use down here in OZ for Aussie Rules Football. Why cant the FA look at video of say Robben's classic acting and say "Nahh.. Thats Bullsh.it!!! Play acting: 3 match ban."

Too often players get away with this acting when they have tricked the ref and then arent held accountable for it.

Lil Luis I would have given a one match additional ban to his red card (Which was a little harsh anyways) for his attampted play acting.

No wonder so many other codes of Football supporters look at Football (Soccer) as being a girly sport because when ever they watch it there is always some git rolling around on the floor acting injured.
GLB1

Postby Judge » Tue May 02, 2006 8:14 am

Sabre wrote:RAGE UK, that's a fair comment. In Spain there are lots of that players and Luis Garcia is not the worst of the lot. I too come from a place in where that kind of playacting is not well seen (Don't think you'll ever see that on Alonso or anybody who comes from here, except del Horno, who's a bad actor)

how do you get away with it sabre (the acting i mean)  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 02, 2006 11:03 am

if you ask me what do I think about acting, I must say that I'm a typical northern Spanish supporter, I punnish that attitude with insults. If I remember what are most of the unpopular players in my stadium, most of them are acting-cheating-ba$tards players like Guti (who's asked in Anoeta what's his true sex), Etxeberria, Dani... all of them are cheaters. Indeed this is the reason why Becks or Owen or McManaman were not hated around here even being an archrival players, no matter if they're a Manc or a scouser,brit players have a better attitude than others, and people ackowledges that, it's common knowledge.

Some Spanish  culture Bonus

Here we have a classical Real Madrid acting in which Michel was testing Valderrama's testicles. Valderrama seemed not to be very bothered, and that created a famous song, "Michel , Valderrama, juntos a la cama!" wich sounds very round, and means "Michel and Valderrama, go together to the bed"
Last edited by Sabre on Tue May 02, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Tue May 02, 2006 11:26 am

i think the fa should give players bans or big fines everytime they dive so that football can be played fair. watching all these players dive about isn't football and the fa should do something to stop it from happening as it can create a lot of arguements as well. for like wat robben did against us wat got riena sent off he should get a 3 match ban then lets c the :censored: do it again.
i think garcia is a gd player but he isn't consistant enough to be in 1 of the best teams in the world so i believe he should go next season
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 02, 2006 11:29 am

Sabre wrote:In Spain there are lots of that players and Luis Garcia is not the worst of the lot.

For all there Spanish style and there Italian flair along with the flamboyunce of the French. There is one thing that has hit the British shores like a contagious disease and thats the play acting that's gone with it. Even the English lads are now at it, this never used to be part of the game and it's very sad to see. It's one of the worst points about today's game, I realise that europeans bring alot of technical flair to our game but this also is what comes with it. Yeah I know you take the rough with the smooth and all that, but I was talking to a semi- proffesional Englishman about play acting and he quite happily admited to me thats what he does and would do in order to get opponents booked.

:no
66-1112520797

Postby pur3 rav3r » Tue May 02, 2006 11:29 am

yeah and 1 thing about diving i think the english team r the best palyers for 1 reason our players dont go down easy. if u look at rooney, gerrard, terry u no 1 of them is hurt if they go down
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue May 02, 2006 12:22 pm

Sabre wrote:if you ask me what do I think about acting, I must say that I'm a typical northern Spanish supporter, I punnish that attitude with insults. If I remember what are most of the unpopular players in my stadium, most of them are acting-cheating-ba$tards players like Guti (who's asked in Anoeta what's his true sex), Etxeberria, Dani... all of them are cheaters. Indeed this is the reason why Becks or Owen or McManaman were not hated around here even being an archrival players, no matter if they're a Manc or a scouser,brit players have a better attitude than others, and people ackowledges that, it's common knowledge.

Some Spanish  culture Bonus

Here we have a classical Real Madrid acting in which Michel was testing Valderrama's testicles. Valderrama seemed not to be very bothered, and that created a famous song, "Michel , Valderrama, juntos a la cama!" wich sounds very round, and means "Michel and Valderrama, go together to the bed"

check out chelsea sabre, theyre full of cheating fuckers
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 02, 2006 3:24 pm

pur3 rav3r wrote:i think the fa should give players bans or big fines everytime they dive so that football can be played fair. watching all these players dive about isn't football and the fa should do something to stop it from happening as it can create a lot of arguements as well.

i'm sure i heard recently that fifa wanted to bring in legislation whereby players who are guilty of diving are officially placed on a warning and have to wear some kind of armband so that they can be easily recognisable to referees. if they then reoffend then they get banned.

whatever it was i heard it's all sh#te anyway. just ban them all for diving i agree. it would stamp it out overnight.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue May 02, 2006 3:33 pm

Footballers look like a bunch of jessies nowadays..  especially if you watch rugby players being stitched up on the pitch so they can carry on....  I always thought football was a mans game, but I'm not so sure now!

Its down to FIFA to sort out, Players could easily be banned after the game with video evidence.  That is the only way of stopping it.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby iqbalharoon213 » Tue May 02, 2006 10:19 pm

kalos wrote:My take on Garcia.....frustrating beyond belief MOST of the time. Bags vital goals sometimes.

As many have said in other threads the key to winning the league is buying the right players this summer and CONSISTENCY. Garcia IMHO will never give us this and therefore cannot be part of our long term goals (no pun intended).

Eventually his wastefulness is going to cost us dearly and possibly be the difference in winning or losing when playing the other big three.

His tricks and flicks are becoming far too predictable for the opposition and  he has a negative impact on everyone the amount of times he gives the ball away with schoolboy errors.

Buy another right winger and either ship him out or have him as "super sub" type player.

if rafa decides to buy a RW, how is garcia going to be involved. he is too good a player not to be playing regularly.
iqbalharoon213

Postby Sabre » Tue May 02, 2006 10:43 pm

Well he has proved to be a decent striker companion, hasn't he? plus, if there's a proper place to lose a ball that's the upfront. I don't think the number of goals he has scored, more than 10 goals every season are suitable to the "he scores vital goal sometimes". I definitely would play him often as a second striker, with a proper striker playing alongside him.

When he's put on the right wing, he wanders between lines and moves a lot at his own will, so the RB must be fixed defending, plus he doesn't defend that well. So I'd keep putting him like in the game against Chelski.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pablinho » Tue May 02, 2006 11:11 pm

the people should see Dani from Betis, he  beats Robert DeNiro

Nihat  also  lies some times sabre. In whole spain we have lot of good Actors.

the aim justifies the ways.
CD Castellon - Spain
pablinho

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion