Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:32 am

Well Yossi was meant to come in and replace him but he dosent hold a candle to him so far
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:36 am

Woollyback wrote:what would you give to have lil' luis back now?

i'll start with voronin and a few million quid

:nod I was thinking that aginst the Besikitas - how we could have done with some Luis 'magic' - we miss`that 'trickster' element he brought   :nod
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:50 am

Woollyback wrote:what would you give to have lil' luis back now?

i'll start with voronin and a few million quid

Voronin? naaaahh... give them riise instead. Miss him? We all do, actually.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Garcia is on the BBC rumour site.  Athletico have given him permission to leave and Fulham are interested.

If he is free or very cheap, not a bad signing for two years or so methinks.  Could be a good squad guy and could cause chaos in some games.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Garcia was a good stopgap at the time but personally I feel we are now past that stage. Even though I don’t agree when people say he is similar to Benayoun, who just signed a new contract, I still think we can do better than a player who was hit and miss when he played for us in his prime and is now the wrong side of 30.
Last edited by Cool Hand Luke on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Garcia was a good stopgap at the time but personally I feel we are now past that stage. Even though I don’t agree when people say he is similar to Benayoun, who just signed a new contract, I still think we can do better than a player who was hit and miss when he played for us in his prime and is now the wrong side of 30.

Spot on.
roberto green

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Yes I wouldn't go there myself although little Louis was one of my favourite players when we had him. If Fulham do get him I'm sure he'll be one of their fans favourite players as well, such is his talent.

I think though we have to move forward now and start thinking like the potential title winners which we looked like towards the end of last season. We've passed up the opportunity of signing Owen on a free and time will tell if that was a good move, so you can only hope that we've got our eyes on bigger, better and fitter fish. Obviously we've got problems in other areas at the moment with the ongoing transfer saga with our two central midfielders, but we are surely at some point going to have to address the "cover for Torres" slot. That is unless we are going to go into the new season with a combo of Kuyt, Voronin and N'Gog as our prospective cover. Such an option would be cheap, but I think it's inconcieveable that the manager would go that way.

Unfortunately though, sparce though that cover looks I'm not sure little Louis would massively improve it. I'd have gone for Owen*, but not for Garcia.

*Just to point out, that doesn't mean I "hate Rafa with a passion", it just means that as cover (third choice behind the new striker we are hopefully going to sign) I think he would have been a good shout. I don't FWIW think ANY of Kuyt, N'Gog or Voronin are good enough, hence my feeling that we actually need two new strikers not one.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:58 pm

Thought he didnt like England ?  ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Would like to see him backin the Premiership but not with us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Ciggy wrote:Thought he didnt like England ?  ???

Money, money, money
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:06 am

i think he would fit in well in our team right now, but ne dont like england so i dont think he will come back, saying that he did say he liked london.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:40 am

Best he finishes his career in Spain.
I'm sure there are alots of takers there.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:49 am

King Luis !!!!! i would welcome him back with open arms..
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Parkinson » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:16 am

Good player and I think he would fit into our system quite well but that doesn't neccesarily mean he is the player we need. Similar to Owen I don't think he is consistent enough, Owen's lack of consistency comes of course in the injury department where as Garcia's is on the pitch. I think we need to be on the look out for fresh new talent not looking back to past players in the sentimental hope of glory. It didn't really work with Fowler and I doubt it would work with Owen or Garcia for different reasons.

I'm placing my faith in Rafa to be scouting and sounding out potential targets to fill in key areas this summer and I have see that Haergerland of Fulham hasn't commited to a new contract down at Fulham. A player I think has the potential to be a regular for us at center-back. But it's all in the hands of the gaffer, who he deems is good enough and who he wants for his side, but so far I agree with the manager for not signing Owen, wanting to keep Mascharano and Alonso and hopefully truning a blind eye to Garcia returning to England.
Parkinson

Postby simolonge » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:11 am

Parkinson wrote:Good player and I think he would fit into our system quite well but that doesn't neccesarily mean he is the player we need. Similar to Owen I don't think he is consistent enough,

I assume your name relates to your complaint, Parkinsons ?

TOTALLY different players.
simolonge

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion