Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sissoko_22 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:31 am

there is no doubt he can provide a bit of magic but i think the team is very vulnerable with him in it. he is a flair player, granted , but he should be more consistent. i think quaresma would be a better replacement
"A lot of football success is in the mind. you must believe that you are the best and then make sure you are.in my time at liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in mersyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves"  - Bill Shankly
sissoko_22

Postby scouser 'til I die » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:26 pm

Give the fella a break. He mightn't be the quickest, most clever player in the world but he still gives it his all. His strengths are his technical ability in which he is successful and we don't pick up on that much, but when he does the odd mistake we give him too much grief. You can see this grief follow in his performances following. Hes a good player and will always be useful for Liverpool FC :cool:

Just read this http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N154449061219-1334.htm

I think we should stop with all of the comments like "oh he's shyte him" and "sell the bastid" that I've heard echoing round the pubs of Liverpool :) He clearly doesn't want to leave at this moment so we should lget off his back without being bombarded with pressure that too many people give him.

Your acting like he's a necessity to the club who would set the stage alight if he played to the best of his ability, but he just can't be ar.sed.???  But he can't because he's not that good of a player but people expect him to be world class. Give the kid a break.

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby redmikey » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:06 pm

garcia is different to a lot of our squad as he possess fair and as long as he stays in the top half the pitch he is fine

a great squad player to have as he doesn't moan and bitch about not starting every game and pulls off some top goals against the top teams in the big games, let him see out his contract and leave as a legend
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby mattylfc » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:22 pm

I like Garcia and i see him as an important part of the squad.  I think we maybe havnt used him at the most appropriate times.  We see the best of garcia when he is playing at Anfield or in the CL.  In away games he rarely performs to the best of his ability and is probably better suited to coming on as a sub, as he has done lately.

As a player, i think he is something our squad needs.  He is never scared to try things and i like his attitude in that he will try, try and try again.  He never gets his head down and goes missing.  A weaker person would have been really affected by some of the criticism he has recieved.
Luis is one of the few players that is able to link the midfield and the attack and get into the final third and grab a goal.  He always seems to be in the right place at the right time and is always capable of scoring on the big stage.

As a person, it seems quite obvious that he is very liked at the club.  He seems quite a charachter and is apparently a bit of a practical joker in the dressing room. 

what you see is what you get with Luis and personally i like it!
mattylfc

Postby CarlosRocks » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:30 pm

for me the verdict is still out on garcia. i agree with redmikey that he is a good squad player but i think thats about it for him. he's had some great games for us and scored some tremendous goals in some big games but he's also had some shockers in the past. you just dont know whats gonna happen when he gets the ball.......are we gonna see some more of his magic or is he just gonna give the ball away clumsily again??

he's a good player but how long is rafa gonna keep him on the bench to play a bit part, n how long is garcia gonna be happy about the role he's playing at liverpool before he wants to move on?
CarlosRocks

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:25 pm

Another question to ask for the Garcia doubters. The question CarlosRocks has done

he's a good player but how long is rafa gonna keep him on the bench to play a bit part, n how long is garcia gonna be happy about the role he's playing at liverpool before he wants to move on?

Has been raised before. I can remember comments like that when we were building this year's team.

Gonzo and Aurelio were to come, So was Pennant, a true winger, so Gerrard would be in the middle of the park, and logic said LG wouldn't have as much minutes as he had last year.

But then, LG keeps playing and keeps providing goals to the team. If he were a luxury player I'm not sure he could make always a spot himself in such a competitive squad.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:20 am

:bump

may not please many that ive bumped this, but what the heck :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:08 pm

Judge wrote:ive moaned constantly about Garcia and his inability to keep the ball and play it more direct and with accuracy.

is it just me, or is garcia just not up to it??

lets hear your views etc

eh  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:33 am

Luis Garcia has scored some important goals, he may not always contribute much but has the knack for being in the right place at the right time. He'll also play virtually anywhere in midfield or attack which gives us plenty of options using him as a sub

Luis Garcia

04/05 13 goals in 44 appearances (0.295 goals/app)
05/06 11 goals in 50 appearances (0.220 goals/app)
06/07 6 goals in 27 appearances (0.222 goals/app)

Total 30 goals in 121 appearances (0.248 goals/app)

Also the record when he scores is pretty damned impressive, Liverpool have lost only once when Luis Garcia has scored. Liverpool never lose when Crouch scores, sadly he's only scored in 24 of his 94 appearances (25.53%) which is only slightly higher than Luis Garcia (29/121 = 23.97%)

Luis Garcia makes a lot of appearances from the bench, around 30%. Funnily enough he's been sent off once, same number of times as Xabi Alonso and Momo Sissoko even though they pick up more yellow cards

Liverpool Results

With Luis Garcia - P121 W73 D18 L30 F194 A102 (won 60.3%)
Without Luis Garcia - P53 W30 D11 L12 F77 A42 (won 56.6%)

I'd keep him if only for use from the subs bench and infrequent starts
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:45 pm

metalhead wrote:
Judge wrote:ive moaned constantly about Garcia and his inability to keep the ball and play it more direct and with accuracy.

is it just me, or is garcia just not up to it??

lets hear your views etc

agreed

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:50 pm

Actually i can't wait for Little Luis to come back.
:buttrock

(then i'll remmeber how frustrating he can be.) :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue May 01, 2007 12:38 pm

babu wrote:Actually i can't wait for Little Luis to come back.
:buttrock

(then i'll remmeber how frustrating he can be.) :D

is that remember babu  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue May 01, 2007 12:46 pm

Dammit Judge...here I thought you'd dug up this thread because there was a rumour going round that lil Luis has secretly got himself fit and ready for tonight's game! Ba.stardo!!! :angry:

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Tue May 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Dammit Judge...here I thought you'd dug up this thread because there was a rumour going round that lil Luis has secretly got himself fit and ready for tonight's game! Ba.stardo!!! :angry:

:D

then we are in for a rollercoaster ride. hold on to your sides folks  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 am

what would you give to have lil' luis back now?

i'll start with voronin and a few million quid
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion