LUCAS LEIVA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:49 pm

So we're paying £12m for a midfielder we don't need OR £12m for a versatile player when we need a new CF, RM, LM, LB and RB. And it doesn't change the fact he's worth maybe £7m tops
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:56 pm

I actually don't think Rafa with buy another striker (Don't quote me on that :D ) i think he will put Babel up top with Torres
why else would you buy one of Europe's hottest young striker defo not play him as a winger his whole Liverpool career.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Owzat wrote:
Festy wrote:
Owzat wrote:We spent £11.5m on Babel and that's not exactly cured the problem on the left, I think I heard he's scored six times from the bench and that just says his pace is most effective when the defence is knackered. When the defender is fresh Babel doesn't pose much threat

Babel is still pretty raw and this was his first season in the premiership. It's normal for a world-class player to struggle in his first premiership season. It's the second season which will be the true test of his abilities, if he still doesn't perform like we expect from him, then surely he's a failure.

Like Torres you mean  ???

No.... I mean Shevchenko. Although he's still an exception as he failed in the second season too.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Owzat wrote:So we're paying £12m for a midfielder we don't need OR £12m for a versatile player when we need a new CF, RM, LM, LB and RB. And it doesn't change the fact he's worth maybe £7m tops

12 million for a proven adapted left back and versatile player , any other full back from abroad is a risk adn given our financial situation we can't afford to gamble that much
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:55 pm

In my opinion Babbel's future lies as a forward and if we are to sign another forward it needs to be a guy who can play in the hole or play deep. Rafa has recognised this and he thought he might have a cheap answer in Voronin, but realistically these guys are few and far between and he may have to try his luck with a few more Voronin's until the right guy comes along.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Babel CAN be good. But will he be? He can definitely shoot sweetly, and his passing isn't too bad. The things that let him down are his first touch (which unlike Kuyt he can't recover from) and his crossing. He's young though. Persist with him. I have faith.

As for Lucas. The guy's a gem. He should be taking Alonso's place in the side in my opinion.
Seano Kop

Postby The Kid Torres » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:03 pm

At this moment in time Alonso offers far more to the team than Lucas.

Whilst now wanting to be too harsh on him because he needs more time to settle in and adjust to English football I can only recall a couple of genuine moments of quality from him.

One was the shot he did that led up to the goal in the Merseyside derby late in the game after he came off the bench, in which was probably his best game for the club, and the other was the goal against non-league opposition.

To me he looks slow, lightweight and pretty much non-existant for the majority on the pitch.

I think he'll improve in time however, and I think he must.
The Kid Torres

Postby Number 9 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:14 pm

:bump

Lucas had an absolute minger today.From 3 early shots,2 of which landed in row Z with the 3rd being little better!
From what i seen he did'nt do anything positive all afternoon.Never played one good ball,hardly controlled a pass,he was a mess.
The only reason Rafa left him on i'd say is because he was giving him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to show something positive.The only good thing he done today was walk off for a shower.
With all the hype when he came and the high expectations,hes been such a dissapointment.If this is our future,we are fuc.ked.Back to Brazil on a one way ticket for me!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Number 9 wrote: :bump

Lucas had an absolute minger today.From 3 early shots,2 of which landed in row Z with the 3rd being little better!
From what i seen he did'nt do anything positive all afternoon.Never played one good ball,hardly controlled a pass,he was a mess.
The only reason Rafa left him on i'd say is because he was giving him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to show something positive.The only good thing he done today was walk off for a shower.
With all the hype when he came and the high expectations,hes been such a dissapointment.If this is our future,we are fuc.ked.Back to Brazil on a one way ticket for me!

the lads 20 and hes had to adapt to a new life style and football style, give him time ffs, hes got talent just needs to build his strengh up in the gym and hell be fine

in the last two premiereship games against fulham n blackburn he was involved in 3 goals of our goals but noone gave him any credit?? i just think people love to have a whipping boy and since kuyt is in a bit of a purple patch some have moved there focas to a 20year old boy... its sad really
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:42 pm

RedBlood wrote:
Number 9 wrote::bump

the lads 20 and hes had to adapt to a new life style and football style, give him time ffs, hes got talent just needs to build his strengh up in the gym and hell be fine

in the last two premiereship games against fulham n blackburn he was involved in 3 goals of our goals but noone gave him any credit?? i just think people love to have a whipping boy and since kuyt is in a bit of a purple patch some have moved there focas to a 20year old boy... its sad really

Your opinion mate and you are entitled to it!

First season and all that,yes, but in my opinion i have'nt seen enough to suggest he will improve to the quality we need for the future.
I'd love him to prove me wrong though,but cant see it.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Number 9 wrote: :bump

However, he did show a glimpse, his assist for the second goal, what a cross
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:46 pm

oh my dayz i just seen the goas and lucas made a great cross for bennys goal, yet hes slagged off on here pfft
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:53 pm

RedBlood wrote:oh my dayz i just seen the goas and lucas made a great cross for bennys goal, yet hes slagged off on here pfft

Im not slagging him off ffs! :D

Im saying today he was worse than poor.Also collectively over the season in my opinion he does not look good enough.His ball control is poor and MOST of his passing(way too much) is not good enough.

People argue hes young,hes not strong enough and thats OK.Personally i think he cant cope with the pace of the game and the speed of which players are closed down in the EPL.

But as i said above i'd love him to prove me wrong!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Number 9 wrote:
RedBlood wrote:oh my dayz i just seen the goas and lucas made a great cross for bennys goal, yet hes slagged off on here pfft

Im not slagging him off ffs! :D

Im saying today he was worse than poor.Also collectively over the season in my opinion he does not look good enough.His ball control is poor and MOST of his passing(way too much) is not good enough.

People argue hes young,hes not strong enough and thats OK.Personally i think he cant cope with the pace of the game and the speed of which players are closed down in the EPL.

But as i said above i'd love him to prove me wrong!

His passing was poor today, but the lad can pass a brilliant ball because he has alot of game intelligence, its wether he finds confidence in himself to succeed at this level. Im strongly confident he will find that confidence and he can turn out to be an excellent player for us.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm strongly confident he won't be here for long.
oakton

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion