LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 am

I would rather we lost Aqua or Mereiles than Lucas.  He was probably our best player for the last 2 seasons, just doing his job!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby only me » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:44 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I would rather we lost Aqua or Mereiles than Lucas.  He was probably our best player for the last 2 seasons, just doing his job!

Our best player by far is Reina. Lucas was and is a poor player. That just improved from Terrible to beareble...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:13 pm

fails to amuse me that havin played for his country regular (albeit a far from 1970 Brazil) and having played under 3 consecutiv managers at Liverpool so many people think Lucas cant cut it..... hmmm, is there a reason these managers are paid the big bucks and we just sit back and watch I wonder....
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:fails to amuse me that havin played for his country regular (albeit a far from 1970 Brazil) and having played under 3 consecutiv managers at Liverpool so many people think Lucas cant cut it..... hmmm, is there a reason these managers are paid the big bucks and we just sit back and watch I wonder....

I agree. He takes a lot of stick and still gets on with his job. He doesn't have the flair of Ronaldo but then that's not his job. He tracks back, tackles, rarely loses the ball and when asked to go forward he's scored the odd goal. What more do you want? He's not the best in his position but then we don't have the cash to buy anyone better. For his price he's a great player and wouldn't be in the brazil team if he wasn't.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:33 pm

tommycockles wrote:
KennyisGod....still wrote:fails to amuse me that havin played for his country regular (albeit a far from 1970 Brazil) and having played under 3 consecutiv managers at Liverpool so many people think Lucas cant cut it..... hmmm, is there a reason these managers are paid the big bucks and we just sit back and watch I wonder....

I agree. He takes a lot of stick and still gets on with his job. He doesn't have the flair of Ronaldo but then that's not his job. He tracks back, tackles, rarely loses the ball and when asked to go forward he's scored the odd goal. What more do you want? He's not the best in his position but then we don't have the cash to buy anyone better. For his price he's a great player and wouldn't be in the brazil team if he wasn't.

Like i already said before Lucas is in Brazil because he plays for Liverpool ,We are his ticket to the national team. The last Copa America was the first Big tournment he played in and we all now how it ended for them...I have many Brazilian friends which can't understand how he got the spot.

He does NOT score the odd goal ,and many of his tackles result in penalty kicks which resulted in goals against us. He is no Alonso ,No Mash and No Haman. Benitz and Roy are no longer here due to their Bizzar player selection and Kenny is in the process (i believe) of building a quality squad in which Lucas will not have a starting position.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:38 pm

I honestly believe if he's in the line up we'll concede less. That simple in my eyes
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:52 pm

i dont rate the lad very highly but he has improved and has done enough to stay here next season.
last year was tripe and he stood out above average but credit to him he had his best season ever for us and signed a new deal which doesnt make sense of the rumours surrounding him.bit silly as it would cost more to replace him with a less experienced option.
he should be kept to bolster the squad.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:20 pm

Lucas does a very good job for us and deserves to stay.  However, If we qualify for CL I wouldnt be surprised if we went for a DM in the Mascherano/Hamann league. (world class).   

Lucas is a good player, but not a great one.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:48 pm

We are short on holding midfielders and while I definitely think that Lucas could be improved on (and Biglia IS an improvement), we shouldnt even be entertaining the thought of allowing Lucas to leave unless two established holding midfielders are lined up... Hes had a decent season last time around and if nothing else you know what to exect from him week in week out... If he stays (and I have no doubt he will) he will be one of the first names in the teamsheet for me simply due to a lack of options in his position... Crazy if true !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:26 pm

So is the rumour about him going on loan or being sold? Because I've heard about both and I have to say I agree with neither. Never was his biggest fan but last season him, Kuyt and Meireles were our best players and we shouldn't even think about getting rid of them, atleast not until next season. A better holding midfield could and should be signed but for now I think it would be better to hold on to Lucas and I'm sure that he'll do a fine job anyway. We've signed quite a few players in the last 7-8 months and maybe there are still more to come and having a completely different squad isn't the best idea. This summer transfer window was about replacing players that HAD to be replaced and replacing Lucas with someone else isn't that urgent, at least for now.

If it's about having too many midfielders and we're not willing or not able to get rid of Aquilani and would rather loan a player or two I say we loan Shelvey and if that's not enough than we should loan Henderson. Why? Because he was never a player that had to be bought right now, he's one for the future and we already have enough players on our attacking positions in our midfield (Gerrard, Meireles, Aquilani, Adam), while we're a bit short on midfielders that can defend (Lucas and Spearing, not counting Poulsen).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Another solution for the defensive midfield, on which some would definitely agree on, is playing Gerrard as a defensive playmaker. We all know that he's way past his best and that we'll probably never see Gerrard leading the team the way he did and wining games and even titles all by himself. He'll probably never be able to do things like that in the future but the way things are going now I'm sure that he won't even have to. Now he can play in the back of the midfield creating the game and controling the flow of the play. He will also have to provide cover for the defenders and hold the midfield and I believe that he's capable of that, therefor, having all these abilities I think that playing him as a defensive playmaker is worth a try.

I have to add however, even if this happens I still wouldn't aprove selling/loaning Lucas.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:40 pm

He shouldnt go anywhere else but the centre of the park for Liverppol.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:04 am

Shocked by how may people STILL don't see how good he is.  Even I am have realized he's class. Our best CM by a good margin, even ahead of Stevie who is the closest, everyone else is far behind.
Zidane

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:52 am

played fantastic in the short time he had today, especially considering he hasn't been playing.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:15 am

If this loan talk is true then I am truely baffled.  I trust Kenny, I trust Steve Clark, but I'm still baffled.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion