LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby boodiddy1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:40 pm

This place is a Nut house like rawk these days. Cattermole ??? Maybe under Godfrey and the cowboys. He gets sent off at least twice a year. Every time he's been to anfield with witan and Sunderland he has been awful. The lad is mid prem player. If you want to replace Lucas with homegrown, then at least look at McCarthy first. Even then I reckon Lucas is better. He will be even better this year with better players around him.
boodiddy1

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:43 pm

neil wrote:I'm not bashing the guy but it wouldnt surprise me to see him at a spanish or italian team by the start of the season, Kenny is obviously looking at a heavy British presence in the middle of the park.

After getting him to sign a new contract  couple of months ago  ???

Lucas will be in the team this season .
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:44 pm

only me wrote:How Symbolic that Lucas played part  in the worst Brazil performance in years ,and was ejected...

Did you actually watch any off the games ?

Did you not see that the blame lay firmly on their forward players ?

Neymar and Ganso were absolutely shockingly bad .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Lucas has come a long way since the days where everyone use to rip into him. It would be a shame to lose him now after he has finally adapted to playing in England. Not only adapted but last season it was clear to see that his place in the team was earned on merit.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 pm

tubby wrote:Lucas has come a long way since the days where everyone use to rip into him. It would be a shame to lose him now after he has finally adapted to playing in England. Not only adapted but last season it was clear to see that his place in the team was earned on merit.

Agreed
Lets hope he continues getting better
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Agree as well - i think he will be on the teamsheet in the starting 11 more often than not this season .
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Agree as well - i think he will be on the teamsheet in the starting 11 more often than not this season .

As long as its on merit I wont complain
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Agree as well - i think he will be on the teamsheet in the starting 11 more often than not this season .

Kenny will only play players on merit mate - you will have to earn your place in the line up .
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Kenny will only play players on merit mate - you will have to earn your place in the line up .

I dont know
Carroll played against Spurs and he was sh'ite
KK should have kept the team that had been winning before that game
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
only me wrote:How Symbolic that Lucas played part  in the worst Brazil performance in years ,and was ejected...

i wasn't saying he was to blame i just noted to myself that it is no wonder he is a memebr of a failing Brazil Team...Everyone here is praising us for having a Brazil Int. in our squad But what most don't understand is that he plays for Brazil Because he is in Liverpool. I would say that in this equation he is the one ripping the rewards....Same case was with Insua which played for Argentina. Mediocre players riding the greatness of Liverpool to get a national spot.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Lucas was probably one of their better players. Their problems was that they couldn't score and they got plenty of balls for it. Defensively Brazil did well.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:27 am

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

i wasn't saying he was to blame i just noted to myself that it is no wonder he is a memebr of a failing Brazil Team...Everyone here is praising us for having a Brazil Int. in our squad But what most don't understand is that he plays for Brazil Because he is in Liverpool. I would say that in this equation he is the one ripping the rewards....Same case was with Insua which played for Argentina. Mediocre players riding the greatness of Liverpool to get a national spot.

:nod
roberto green

Postby jimmy brighton » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 pm

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Look back at your post and tell me you don't rate Lucas. How many years has this been going on? Seriously? He was by far one of our better players last season and consistently put in good performance after good performance. Consistent being the operative word here!
Can we just for a week or so forget which country he comes from? Because he's Brazilian people like you instantly think he should be playing little flicks and nutmegs and all manner of ball playing skills. He is NOT that player. He is a defensive midfielder who's job it is to protect his back four and he does that very efficiently thank you.
His name will be on the team-sheet more often than not so please get used to it and leave your diatribe remarks about our 'Mr. Solid' alone. And trust me he is solid. Ever seen him injured? Or pulling out of a fifty fifty tackle?
No. I didn't think so.
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 pm

I remember one game( inforgot against who) Lucas got on the ball and started running with the ball. The opposition player colided with him from the back and he fell down. The opposition player got a second yellow card and was sent off. My friend who as watching with me pointed out that Lucas slowed down intentionally to draw the foul. I told him No, that's the fastest he could run!  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:47 pm

He is no world beater or going to become world class or all that stuff, still has those limitations that won't go away but dependable and we will see more of him next season.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion