LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon May 16, 2011 4:47 am

The Good Yank wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Sorry I'm not in for the love in regarding Lucas. Like I said he has improved but Tottenhams midfield showed today why we'll be lucky to struggle and qualify for the tin pot micky UEFA cup next season.

Sorry but I have to strongly disagree with you here.  "Struggle to qualify for the tin pot micky UEFA cup next season"

Really?, We still have a good likelyhood that we'll end up with that spot this year.  So you don't think we will improve at all on this year's results, keeping in mind that we started with an anchor on our legs (Hicks and Gillette, not Roy).

I said that you were out to lunch in a thread that had nothing to do with football.  I'll say it again here.

Between ourselves and Spurs on yesterday's showing they deserve to. We still have a long way to go yet, as Kenny has already stated.

So are trying to tell me we don't need to improve the CM area?

cut out the petty insults and all lad, you're not big and your not clever.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Shame Lucas couldn't make an impact on the Tottenham midfield today, it really shows we're still lacking in CM.

So as usual it was just down to Lucas when we get beat.....

BTW who won Liverpool player of the season this season?

:nod

It wasn't down to Lucas we lost, I think we lost it largely because of Carroll's inclusion. Lucas has improved, yet you could see the difference in midfield between Lucas and Spearing and Modric and Sandro (whatever his name is). It was men V boys. Sorry I'm not in for the love in regarding Lucas. Like I said he has improved but Tottenhams midfield showed today why we'll be lucky to struggle and qualify for the tin pot micky UEFA cup next season.

The reason we lost for me was the tactics.
They had an extra player in midfield and we were being overrun. Modric was mom and ran the show.
Lucas and Spearing were up against Sandro Modric and Van der Vaart who tucked in.
I dont think Kenny should have changed the system and brought Carroll back in tbh. Or if he was wanting to do that he should have taken Maxi out and played Kuyt in the position Meireles has been playing.
If we had Meireles yesterday in the midfield with the other two i think we would have seen a totally different game.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Zidane » Sat May 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Players like Lucas and Kuyt look :censored: when the team doesn't show up to play football, it'll happen every single time.  When we play well though they're right at the top performance wise in those matches.  They aren't world class like Suarez who, even when we play sh!te can manage to do something special out of nothing, but they are still both quality players to have.  They'll hardly ever be the reason we played badly as well, against Tottenham it was the inclusion of Carroll that cost us.  We have no idea how to play with the lad at this point but I'm still confident he'll do very well here as he is still very young.  On the bright side our defense was again very good, they had a wonder goal and a pen that shouldn't have been given, we just didn't do anything attacking wise.
Zidane

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Lucas got the Golden Samba award for player of the season off of the rattle

here he is with baby lucas and golden samba

Its good to see the Lad finally getting the recognition he deserves .....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:31 pm

bumped because the other one is full
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kukilon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Red carded at the end of the first extra time half. :D 

Brazil vs Paraguay 0 - 0 soon penalties.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Kukilon wrote:Red carded at the end of the first extra time half. :D 

Brazil vs Paraguay 0 - 0 soon penalties.

Probably angry after watching Aquilani yesterday
???
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:40 pm

God Elano's pk was just ignorant. Like what the hell was he even trying to do?  Barreto's wasn't much better but my goodness Elano you used to be considered a good player...

Sorry Lucas for going off topic on your thread :p
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Apparently the ground is at fault for Brazilians sucking at pens...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kukilon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Can't blame missing four straight penalties on the ground though. Worst PKs I have ever seen. Even the ones Paraguay scored were badly taken.

Nice to get Lucas home quickly though. :rasp
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:19 pm

How Symbolic that Lucas played part  in the worst Brazil performance in years ,and was ejected...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:24 pm

:D  I see the Lucas bashers are already out and we're not even half-way through pre-season.
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:37 pm

jimmy brighton wrote: :D  I see the Lucas bashers are already out and we're not even half-way through pre-season.

:laugh:

Fella's only trying to get back here ASAP , there's just no pleasing some people.    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm not bashing the guy but it wouldnt surprise me to see him at a spanish or italian team by the start of the season, Kenny is obviously looking at a heavy British presence in the middle of the park.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:59 pm

With us being linked with Cattermole then perhaps he is seen as the replacement. I would be happy with that TBH. Not that I dislike Lucas as I think he did great last year but Cattermole is probably on a par with him in that defensive MF role. The fact he is homegrown swings it for me :)
Waldo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion