Look ahead

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MaccaLFC » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:37 pm

Enough about the game yesterday, let's look ahead.

We've still had a season I would have settled for at the start, won 11 out of 13 games, and we're still improving.

Portsmouth away next in the cup, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to win it this year, hopefully the lads can do the business.

Would be nice if we drew Utd at home in one of the latter stages too!

2nd is still a real possibilty, and we proved yesterday, we can mix it with the supposed 'best'.

All is not lost, and we can make this a season to remember, especially seen as though our 6th time may be on the horizon.

:grinning:
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:39 pm

well said. possibly the best first posts ive read.

too much doom and gloom and player bashing here, might stay in the real world instead where things make more sense.
we are playing well, so cheer on the team instead of moaning non stop
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:43 pm

Good post mate and welcome.

Moving on from yesterday (it's just too depressing going over it again and again). Looking forward to the month ahead and it could pretty much make or break our season.

We've got:

Brum Home: Can see brum sticking 11 men behind the ball and coming for the point, just a matter of persistance I reckon.

Portsmouth in the cup: Never an easy place to go. They'll be right up for it so and hopefully so will we.

CFC Away. Their NOT that good, they just make you pay for your mistakes. At least a point required here.

Wigan Away:Tricky but 3 points is a must

Arsenal Home: Must Win to keep the ball rolling, do what EFC did at the weekend, stuff it up em, dont give Henry any time and they've been :censored: away from home all season.

Benfica Away: Any away European performance from last season wouldnt go a miss here.

Man City Home: Dont see too many problems here.

So all in all FA Cup, CL and some important league games. Nothing out of our reach but could be determine what we achieve over the season. (all be it Benfica at home in march we should be ok with that one)

Hopefully the dissapointment of yesterday will have a positive effect on the next game. Under Houllier, after losing a massive game such as yesterday, we inevitably went on a nightmare run. Under the current manager, I just can't see this happening. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Archetype » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:34 pm

Agreed!
Archetype

Postby redmikey » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:48 pm

great post .it is easy to dwell on yesterday but we have to take this small set back and take the positives on into the next game .

being able to control teams away from home (if it hadn't been for the bad pitch and :censored: fans)it looked like we were the home team controlling the pace of the game.

we have a manager that understands the disappointment of everyone but dealt with the press in his usuall dignifed manner. And will motivate his squad enough that they won't be taken by surpise by pompy, As st michael said it is not an easy place to go.

We have squad members chompin at the bit to get games which can keep player on their game

all in all an exciting finish to the season to come with good cup runs(i'd rather it be in europe than the fa but that is mho) and more consistant league form which we are all enjoying at the moment as we look like a solid hard to beat team that can really bring the ball down and play or hit you on the break with a longer pass.

roll on the rafalution the future looks bright. the future looks red :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:00 pm

Everyone is upset with not only the defeat but also the manner of it. We dominated posession created the better chances and then fell to the late sucker punch.
We didn't deserve to lose and we have a clever manager who will lift the players, there is a self belief in this squad that the manager has instilled and i dont expect this small setback to stop us from making 2nd spot this season.
It is easy to dwell on defeats and be downheartend but not Rafas style.
Saturday is a big game away to Pompey but we will be back and i think we will come away with a win.
The Chelsea match is a big one, but i think we can go there and get a point.
I would love to see a striker brought in though to take some of the chances we are creating.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red or dead » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:39 pm

kingcantona you are a total tool ,i bet you have never even been to old traford or to any game because your mum wont let you go out on your own, you imature pri@k now go away and leave this site for real football fans before your dad finds you playing on his pc    :angry:
red or dead

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:44 pm

kingcantona...arn't you embaressed that your team got knocked out of Europe and finished below a team that only scored 1 goal in the whole comp?  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welshred » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:46 pm

what a knobjockey why do you have to keep posting the same post 5 times on this site,,,,,,, can you not come up with anything other to say
welshred

Postby MaccaLFC » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:47 pm

KINGCANTONA1966 wrote:SO YOUR THE COMIC ON HEAR?? NOT!!!

SEASON TICKET HOLDER OLD TRAFFORD 2005/2006!!! I THANK YOU!

'You're'.

Season Ticket Holder? :laugh: That's what they all say!

Back on topic, the next month is crucial, and will shape how our season ends.
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:53 pm

Read it and weep :censored:

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red or dead » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:54 pm

king cantona i am not a comic but i am a counsellor and you addmitting that you are a season ticket holder at man utd is the first step to your recovery to addmit ones guilt and shame openly on a forum like this showed great courage and with the right help we could maybe get you on a course of man city games and who know maybe even a full recovery.
red or dead

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:56 pm

KINGCANTONA1966 wrote:SO YOUR THE COMIC ON HEAR?? NOT!!!

SEASON TICKET HOLDER OLD TRAFFORD 2005/2006!!! I THANK YOU!

Waste of cash fella!!
You're bunch of looser's will win Fu.ck all this year again!

5 times 5 times 5 times 5 times 5 times!!!!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!! :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm

MaccaLFC wrote:Enough about the game yesterday, let's look ahead.

We've still had a season I would have settled for at the start, won 11 out of 13 games, and we're still improving.

Portsmouth away next in the cup, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to win it this year, hopefully the lads can do the business.

Would be nice if we drew Utd at home in one of the latter stages too!

2nd is still a real possibilty, and we proved yesterday, we can mix it with the supposed 'best'.

All is not lost, and we can make this a season to remember, especially seen as though our 6th time may be on the horizon.

:grinning:

And BTW nice post mate !

WELCOME! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby mark the red » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:52 pm

i play footy on a monday with a manc, and im dreading seeing him later to listen to his :censored:

dont worry, for all the grief they might cause on the board i just pop on the dvd of istanbul, happy days
i f**king love leon mc, what a lad
mark the red

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion