The season ahead - What can really be expected.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:23 am

The 2007-2008 season will be upon us in less than two months and im curious what Liverpool will come out at the end of it.

Players - We have NOT signed as much players with enough quality yet where as Manchester united seem to have boosted a great squad they had last year. I think if we want to be title contenders in the next title race we need to make descions. Rotations, Rafa rotated and rotated and rotated and where did it get us 3rd. He says he rotates so at the climax of the season the players are fiiter. Well in the last few games Rafa played a team with second rate players. Gerrard MUST play week in week out in the central midfeild position. In my opinion and others that is his best position you wouldbt see Jose putting Lampard Rm or Wenger putting Henry Rm. No because they want to get the best out of there best players.

Many games last year we never looked comfortable despite having a lead i.e The Newcastle game where we lost 2-1 despite Bellamy putting us 1-0 ahead. This is got to stop and we need to finish teams off in matches.

Last year we lost silly points. Drawing to Sheffield united Drawing to Everton at home. Drawing to middlesborough. Losing to Newcastle and most importantly the loss to man utd where we conceded in the last few minutes

For the season coming i think descions need to be made or we will see ourselves in 3rd or 4th or maybe worse

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion