New season ahead

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:31 pm

I'm looking forward to:

1. Playing like Liverpool again. Pass, move and attack!
2. Not seeing that wimp Cheyrou in a red shirt.
3. Not hearing the words "blessing in disguise anymore"
4. Champions league football
5. Beating Fergie's c.u.n.t.s at Old Trafford deep into extra time

Things I will miss

1. Phil Thompsons energy
2. Houllierisms (I hate them, but they are funny as well. especially the ones about emile, shots on goal, bad luck etc.)
3. Cheap tickets

What do you look forward to guys?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:36 pm

You eating your words about Michael Owen.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:47 pm

Stu. I'm not eating my words. You however seem to be more in love with certain players, rather than the club. If it is for the best of the club, I'm prepared to let star players go, or sit on the bench. For me it is all about LFC.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:38 pm

Yeah and thats because selling Michael Owen will be best for this club right?

???

Go to a game lad, watch Owen play. The crowd don't clap every time he passes a ball because he's got a pretty face. They do it because he shows class and plays the correct or a very good ball.

Again at the end of this season when he's top scorer for the 7th? or is it the 8th season running i've no doubt you'll still be banging on about how he's past his best...

Get a clue lad. Facts like that simply speak for themselves.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:52 pm

just to put an even keel on things,I would expect my centre forward to be leading goal scorer.That's why as a defender,I always felt it was an unfair advantage,in the chase for top goal scorer,that the forwards were closer to the oppositions goal and therefore had more chance of scoring than I did.It's no surprise that no defender has ever won a golden boot.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby charwell » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:13 am

I am surprised at the amount of petty bickering that sometimes goes on in here. This was a good post that unprovoked turned into an attack on the oribinal poster because he wasn't as keen on Owen as you are! We are allowed differences of opinion but perhaps they should be aired on the relevant postings instead of hijacking a new one?

This season I am definitely looking forward to insightful after match interviews with the gaffer as opposed to Houllier making me squirm with embarrassment with crappy facts and lame excuses  :down:
charwell

Postby zarababe » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:32 am

Good points Charwell.. it seems some golden boys are beyond criticism .. but make your points and there will be good debate..

I'm looking forward to a brand of football being palyed by Red Shirted men of the LFC variety.. that has purpose and belief..and instills fear in the opposition ...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:27 am

stu- bananas right- the best man for the job is the one who should get the jersey whether its owen or biscan(who certainly aint the best man for any job) as long as its the best option for the club and is the one that will help us to win.

next season i'm looking forward to cisse tearing premier lge defences apart.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:34 am

STU is an owen fan. Everything Owen does is class to STU. :p

I am hoping that we really challenge for the top this season. Putting focus on the league and CL. Letting our second stringers bring some glory and gain experience through the league cup and FA cup. Having Benitez getting the best outta the team, So our strikers scores loads while our defence is air-tight!
We need the stability in all departments and all round consistency.

I do hope that all other clubs goes into a period of bad luck except LFC. :D
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:55 pm

Im looking forward to the following:

1. Owen's 1st league goal, followed by many many more.
2. Footy on a saturday afternoon.
3. Biscan playing left back...                   ....left back in the dressing room.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:24 pm

Owen top scorer for 7 or 8 seasons on the trot? Perhaps the top scorer for Liverpool. What's the big deal in that?! He's been our only striker, although he has done very well given that he has received such awful service.

Has he ever scored more than 20 league goals in a season? Has he ever been top scorer in the premiership? I don't know the answers but no doubt some here will.

In a really good team, Owen would be banging in 25+ goals a season. That doesn't happen at Anfield.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:48 pm

And you point is ???

If you spent less time complaining you could look up the stats for yourself.

You  say " Top scorer for Liverpool, Whats the big deal in that ?" ( it's a big deal to us liverpool supporters sunshine ) ........" In a really good team he would be banging in 25+ goals a season "   I think thats crossed his mind , no wonder he's thinking of moving on .
I just don't see the point of your post .
:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:35 pm

redandblue wrote:Owen top scorer for 7 or 8 seasons on the trot? Perhaps the top scorer for Liverpool. What's the big deal in that

the big deal is that he consistently does it despite being in a poor team for the last two years and being frequently injured. he's scored 154 goals in 296 games which is better than 1 in 2.

oh yeah and he's a former european footballer of the year. no big deal really. :;):
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:39 pm

stmichael wrote:oh yeah and he's a former european footballer of the year. no big deal really. :;):

yes, FORMER- your livin in the past. i love owen but if the best option is to play baros and cisse up font then thats wat rafa will do. having said that if owen finds his form again, no question he'lget his place
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:56 pm

When I started this thread it had nothing to do with Owen. But it seems all posts turn into Owen posts. Why? Probably because he has been playing like ****** lately and people worry that he will never reclaim his form. If there was no reason to be worried, the debate would never have existed. I do not worry. Owen is not as instrumental as he was a few years back. We have Baros, Cisse and Pongolle. If Owen continues to play like a dog, he gets dropped. Pure and simple.
banana
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion