Liverpools failure in the transfer market. - Interesting read.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:00 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Crouch is pretty much useless now since there are no corsses coming in, however he will play bit part.

Have you actually watched Crouch play before CF?  Or are you just assuming he scores a lot of headers because he is tall?

I agree he would get his head on a fair few crosses if we kept pumping them into the box, but if you actually looked at the amount of headers Crouch scored from crosses last season, it's not that many.  His main strength is holding the ball up, whether its played into his chest or feet, exactly what is needed if Rafa persists with 4-5-1.  There is no way he is going to play a'bit part' as you put it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:05 am

supersub wrote:The only problem is not securing a centre-half.The RW we can live with

Agree with this. While we need an out an out winger to do a job on the right we can get by with Garcia. Crouch's ability to hold up the ball should enable the full-backs to get more involved in attacking play. Warnock has a sweeet left foot and we saw Finnan put in some dangerous balls into the box in the Super-Cup final.

I am very worried about centre-half. After the Super-Cup Rafa hailed the versatility of Josemi and talked up his role in the team this year. Josemi at CB in those shiny white-boots is the stuff of nightmares.

The other options are Traore and the untested Whitbread. I think most would agree Traore's natural position is CB but doubt the prospect of him playing there fills anyone with any real confidence. I'm very surprised Rafa did not turn to someone like Upson, Mellberg or Ayala for cover.

I've got my fingers crosssed for Carra and Sami. Those guys need to be indestructable till January.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:11 am

Football is not about how much that you spend and how many expensive player you have but it's about how to play the game .

Just like chess .... It's not about the how big is the board but it's how you play the "game".
One more exp.
Just like sex .... It's not because how huge is your gun but it's how your "melt" your GF or wife ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby stoney » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:14 am

Someone comparing football with sex ???  ???  I worry for you mate :help  :alien:   :
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:19 am

Scottbot wrote:
supersub wrote:The only problem is not securing a centre-half.The RW we can live with

Agree with this. While we need an out an out winger to do a job on the right we can get by with Garcia. Crouch's ability to hold up the ball should enable the full-backs to get more involved in attacking play. Warnock has a sweeet left foot and we saw Finnan put in some dangerous balls into the box in the Super-Cup final.

I am very worried about centre-half. After the Super-Cup Rafa hailed the versatility of Josemi and talked up his role in the team this year. Josemi at CB in those shiny white-boots is the stuff of nightmares.

The other options are Traore and the untested Whitbread. I think most would agree Traore's natural position is CB but doubt the prospect of him playing there fills anyone with any real confidence. I'm very surprised Rafa did not turn to someone like Upson, Mellberg or Ayala for cover.

I've got my fingers crosssed for Carra and Sami. Those guys need to be indestructable till January.

I'm prepared to give Josemi another chance.  He's played as well as most in the last two games despite playing in two different positions.  Pelle had to go, but Josemi could still turn it around.

Whitbread will improve naturally with experience and good coaching just as Traore has.

I'm more worried about the right of midfield, personally.  Maybe Rafa will put Kewell out there, Houllier-style!
:sniffle
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:54 am

i do not know on how Rafa going to cope with the squad he has now and with the amount of matches we going to play.honestly,i'm very worried about Morientes,seems like he's still could not adapt to the pace of the premiership.hopefully,he'll find his feet on the upcoming match against Spurs.

YNWA.

i'm trying my very best to be optimistic as ever.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:06 pm

I think its about time Gerrard being the leader sacrificed his favorite position for the sake of the team and shifted to the right for the next few months.

We have so many decent CMers (u kno who they are) that gerrard can be moved to generate those accurate balls for Moro/Croro (or these two are as good as lame ducks)

We will be more powerful rather than only being strong through the middle. So many good CMers and none can play as there are only two places. 

You Captain, you will go to the right and you will like it.
109-1093441336

Postby Chelsea forever. » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:23 pm

I dont think its so much as to having a big enough squad, its more down to having a good enough squad.

Arsenal have a small squad and with the loss of Viera they will suffer, yet their first 11 is quality and they are so compact that many sides will find it difficult.

Last season you were 30 odd points adrift. As a solution to that problem you brought in Sisoko, Zenden, Crouch, Reina and a few youngsters. You sold Milan who is your best striker imo. These new players are good, but not good enough to close a 30 point gap. Surely we will not be as good as last season, infact I do expect us to loose a few games - but expecting the 1st spot to gain less points and allowing that to close the gap is never a risk worth taking.

My guess is that Rafa will be very upset. He has 4 central midfielders now and no quality on the sides. The width would have given service to Cisse, Fernando and Crouch, instead they will all have to work with ground balls and long passes.

I expect a few players to come in during the Jan window.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:29 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Last season you were 30 odd points adrift.

but less than 3 seasons ago you lot were miles away from winning anything. lets not forget that, eh!!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:38 pm

CFC,stop worrying ...Rafa isn't worried,I'm not worried and a couple of months down the line every Liverpool fan won't be worried.Now I can't say the same for Jose moanio or Chelsky tv who have a passion for Liverpool and all that goes on here.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:44 pm

Chelsea forever, what the nearest station to Kings road?

By the quickness in time of your reply to this simple question (i.e not going to some map site to find out first) we'll all know whether you even support Chelsea.
109-1093441336

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:44 pm

supersub wrote:CFC,stop worrying ...Rafa isn't worried,I'm not worried and a couple of months down the line every Liverpool fan won't be worried.Now I can't say the same for Jose moanio or Chelsky tv who have a passion for Liverpool and all that goes on here.

lol supersub  :D , but that statement is true
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion