LIVERPOOL VS WREXHAM - Start of a new season part 2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:54 am

I think we should start blooding Anderson into the first team, you don't want to start blooding him in at the age of 22 or something ridiculous, if you blood them in early 17,18,19 they have a greater chance of becoming great players. Anderson has shown on all the occasions that I've seen him that he houses incredible intelligence, great ability and can score goals. He's not the finished article but he's certainly great for his age. Physical strenght is something that both the gym and him playing games will fix.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:19 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Obviously you can't read.

When was Joe Cole at West Ham?

The answer: 1998-2003

My point was that although he is more physical NOW, back then he wasn't yet he still managed to play a regular role at West Ham. This only goes to show that players with smaller frames can still offer something to the club.

Rafa obviously agrees with this sentiment as he wouldn't of included Anderson as a sub for the QF defeat against Benfica last season. Andersons goal against Wrexham is just another step towards his first team debut, which i'm certain will be this season, because he is good enough.

Obviously you don't know the difference between past and present tense.

You referred to Joe Cole at West Ham but in the same sentence said 'and he still hasn't filled out' - suggesting that even now at Chelsea he hasn't filled out, which is bollox.  Had you said 'and he still hadn't filled out' suggesting past tense and referring to his time at West Ham (which is obviously what you meant), then I would have understood you.

Anderson was only included in the squad against Benfica because we had no other attacking options due to injuries. and suspensions.  I'm sure he will make his debut at some point this season, but it will be in the Carling Cup I think, I'd be surprised if he makes a Premiership appearance.

Generally a lot of people on the forum (not directed at you SouthCoast) seem to be jumping on the Anderson bandwagon here simply because he scored yesterday.  For those who actually watched the match, his overall contribution was nothing to write home about (apart from his sweet goal) and Hamill looks a far better bet to me for the future and for the right wing - just my opinion but we'll see what happens.  Don't get me wrong Anderson also has a great chance of being a first team regular, but I think he'll have to wait and I wouldn't get carried away just yet.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:42 pm

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:42 pm

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:13 pm

I suck.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Rimetto » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:39 pm

Shows Liverpool care about grassroots and lower league football. Makes me proud to support such a great club.

Don't see Chelski doing anything for the good of the game.

League Two outfit Wrexham expect to come out of administration in the next 24 hours and have thanked Liverpool for their part in keeping them afloat.

The Dragons have played the Premiership giants twice in pre-season friendlies over the past two seasons and all the proceeds of the encounters have gone to Wrexham.

The Racecourse Ground outfit picked up £100,000 from Saturday's clash and now a new consortium headed by former director Neville Dickens and Chester businessman Geoff Moss expect to secure the club from administrators.

The Welsh outfit have fought tooth and nail to stay in existence and are naturally relieved to finally see light at the end of the tunnel after being in administration for 19 months.

"It is the final end to a long, long fight," beamed Wrexham spokesman Geraint Parry.

"The Football League board have sanctioned the end of administration and there are a few minor details to sort out, but the handover of the club to the new owners is very close."

Wrexham boss Dennis Smith paid a special tribute to Liverpool, whom he believes have kept the club up and running due to their generosity.

"Liverpool have been absolutely magnificent to this football club since we've been in trouble," explained Smith.

"We could not have asked for better from a Premiership side who have shown that they care about football in general, not just about themselves. They have kept us afloat."
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kukilon » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:54 pm

*edit

Everyone that wanted it seems to have gotten it so I'm removing the torrent now.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:59 pm

Cheers for the bellamy goal clip

What a pass from fowler! thast was good vison

He still has much to offer.

Bellamy will score more than 15 no probs!
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:14 pm

Nice to see the preseason start. In the mean time Xabi Alonso was in the beach this afternoon here in my town  :D I guess the world cup players have some extra holidays. He's fit, not that I like men's bodies but he  looks in good form!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:32 pm

Kev Huyton 2006 wrote:What a pass from fowler! thast was good vison

He still has much to offer.

Fowler is excellent at "dropping off" - he has excellent vision and more often than not plays the right ball at the right time.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:09 am

Sabre wrote:Nice to see the preseason start. In the mean time Xabi Alonso was in the beach this afternoon here in my town  :D I guess the world cup players have some extra holidays. He's fit, not that I like men's bodies but he keeps me firm !

:D @ sabre's expense
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion