LIVERPOOL VS WREXHAM - Start of a new season part 2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:11 am

the shirt is ok but i would have liked to have seen Yellow with red stripes .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:29 am

Judge wrote:does anyone really know why we play wrexham in pre-season

i want the actual reason, not a suppose one

thanks

Good PR. They're seen to be helping ou the smaller clubs. That's why they waive the match fee too.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:32 am

I reserve judgement on the strip. Reminds me of the 90's strip with the likes of Ruddock, Dicks etc wearing it!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:42 am

bavlondon wrote:
Paul C wrote:So good to see Anderson score, I hope that lad makes it in the first team :cool:

Yes me too. Im not expectin him to walk straight into the 1st team but he looks like he could be ready for a few 1st team performances. He showed good composure and can realy stickina  good cross. He picked out Hobbs really well at one point.

In fact Guthri and Hammil played really well as did Palletta but I think it was expected.

Maybe he'll get a run in the early League & FA Cup matches.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:00 am

PureLoneWolf wrote:I personally liked Bellamys reaction to the little kid running up to him.  Considering he has a bit of a "Star" reputation that doesn't talk to fans etc - Its refreshing to see his first encounter with a little kid.

As for helping Wrexham, I think it's great that a club like ours would let a lower league team have all the gate reciepts to help them out.  Football needs to be kept alive at all levels, anywhere...well - Maybe except old stratford :P

My sentiments exactly. Very refreshing indeed :)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:28 pm

Thought id let you all know

Liverpool's pre-season friendly against Kaierslautern on Saturday 29th July will be shown live in the UK on 'British Eurosport'.

Their coverage will start at 4.30pm and will run until 6.30pm.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:Thought id let you all know

Liverpool's pre-season friendly against Kaierslautern on Saturday 29th July will be shown live in the UK on 'British Eurosport'.

Their coverage will start at 4.30pm and will run until 6.30pm.

Cheers for that Bav.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:33 pm

Personally i was morew impressed with Anderson scoring than Bellamy. Its no surprise that Bellamy scored, he's a proven premiership striker. Whereas Anderson is improving everytime I see him, excellent player. I really think he deserves more first team action this year
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:40 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Personally i was morew impressed with Anderson scoring than Bellamy. Its no surprise that Bellamy scored, he's a proven premiership striker. Whereas Anderson is improving everytime I see him, excellent player. I really think he deserves more first team action this year

100% agree. He looked composed seems to have the physical side to be able to play. I know it was only Wrexham but the kid is 17 !!

I was also very impressed with Hobbs, Guthrie, Idrizaj and Hammil. They all really communicated well and Hobbs and Idrizaj were unlucky not to score themselves.

Roque didnt really feature much but when he was needed he done well.

As for Palletta, its easy to see why he is labled the new Jamie Carragher. He was doing all the organising at the back and looks a bargin for the reported amount Rafa paid for him.

Bellamy was quiet throughout the match but Fowler set him up and it was a case of 1 chance, 1 goal.Its obvious already that him and Fowler have similar footballing minds meaning I think there communication on the pitch will help the goals flow. At least I hope so anyway. All in all it looks like Rafa has a terrific set of youngsters and I can seriously see at least 3 of these kids breaking into the 1st team this season. Hobbs, Anderson and Guthrie/Hammil.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:53 pm

bavlondon wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Personally i was morew impressed with Anderson scoring than Bellamy. Its no surprise that Bellamy scored, he's a proven premiership striker. Whereas Anderson is improving everytime I see him, excellent player. I really think he deserves more first team action this year

100% agree. He looked composed seems to have the physical side to be able to play. I know it was only Wrexham but the kid is 17 !!

Have to disagree here.  Anderson's lack of a physical side to his game is probably the reason why this season is too soon for him, he's not filled out enough to step up yet imo.  People will say yeah but Owen was tiny when he broke through - it's not the same, Owen was like a whippet, Anderson isn't particularly quick either and he also isn't particularly tricky on the ball.  He is an intelligent sort of player, strikes the ball well and can put in a good cross, but he needs to develop physically before he challenges for a first team place.  He's only 17 though, give him time and he could be a player.

Hamill, Hobbs and Antwi are the 3 youngsters I'd tip to be the first of last season's youth/reserve team to break through.  Hamill's got the skill, speed and strength already, Hobbs and Antwi are also really well developed physically and look like real players.  With us having so many players in our squad at the moment though, I can't see many chances in the coming season for these lads, except perhaps the Carling cup.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:06 pm

john craig wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Have to disagree here.  Anderson's lack of a physical side to his game is probably the reason why this season is too soon for him, he's not filled out enough to step up yet imo.  People will say yeah but Owen was tiny when he broke through - it's not the same, Owen was like a whippet, Anderson isn't particularly quick either and he also isn't particularly tricky on the ball.  He is an intelligent sort of player, strikes the ball well and can put in a good cross, but he needs to develop physically before he challenges for a first team place.  He's only 17 though, give him time and he could be a player.

Hamill, Hobbs and Antwi are the 3 youngsters I'd tip to be the first of last season's youth/reserve team to break through.  Hamill's got the skill, speed and strength already, Hobbs and Antwi are also really well developed physically and look like real players.  With us having so many players in our squad at the moment though, I can't see many chances in the coming season for these lads, except perhaps the Carling cup.

I didnt say he wash the complete package ready to step into the RW position. If that were that case would Rafa be pursuing Alves or whoever ?

I think Anderson could at best be backup or at least get a few appearances going in the Carling cup.

The physical side of his game can be adjusted and it only takes games to do this. Look how quickly Garcia and Alonso adapted. Andeson is young and will learn quick IMO.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:The physical side of his game can be adjusted and it only takes games to do this. Look how quickly Garcia and Alonso adapted. Andeson is young and will learn quick IMO.

It takes games??  What are you on about?  No amount of games will make a 17 year old lad develop physically into a man, he needs at least a year to develop imo, not games.  Hitting the gymn won't do any harm, but waiting for him to fill out naturally is the most important thing.

It's got nothing to do with Alonso and Garcia adapting to a new league, that is not even relevant, they were already both guys in their 20's when they signed for us and already fully developed physically.

I'll bet now that Anderson doesn't even get a sub appearance in the premiership this season.  He's not a player for the immediate future imo.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:23 pm

It's a good start of the season, a clean sheet and the team is a combination of youth and senior team.  Are the goals available online (excluding the LFC online with e-season ticket)?
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:27 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:has anyone got the goals?

anderson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCtFiQLJtS8

bellamy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEevqYw0k94

:pirate

watch the goals here dude
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:30 pm

john craig wrote:
bavlondon wrote:The physical side of his game can be adjusted and it only takes games to do this. Look how quickly Garcia and Alonso adapted. Andeson is young and will learn quick IMO.

It takes games??  What are you on about?  No amount of games will make a 17 year old lad develop physically into a man, he needs at least a year to develop imo, not games.  Hitting the gymn won't do any harm, but waiting for him to fill out naturally is the most important thing.

It's got nothing to do with Alonso and Garcia adapting to a new league, that is not even relevant, they were already both guys in their 20's when they signed for us and already fully developed physically.

I'll bet now that Anderson doesn't even get a sub appearance in the premiership this season.  He's not a player for the immediate future imo.

Ok ill bet you that he plays at least 4 times this season.  :D

I honestly think he is almost ready. Why then would Rafa have him on the bench last season against Benfica?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion