LIVERPOOL VS WREXHAM - Start of a new season part 2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:35 pm

He was on the bench Vs benfica the same reason wenger wanted walott to travel with england. ITs all experience. Even sitting on the bench is a great ex[perience for some of the youngsters in the tea, Anderson will get a few deserved games this season, in the worthington cup mostly IMO. But like john Craig says, he is not grown enough physically to endure a whole season quite yet. Definately one to watch though.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:25 pm

I honestly think he is almost ready. Why then would Rafa have him on the bench last season against Benfica

Benitez made it clear that Anderson isn't ready yet as he needs to develop more muscle mass. Hitting the gym would do him a world of good.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:35 pm

Anderson was in the squad for the Benfica game because we had no attacking options left in the first team squad due to injuries. None of the younger players are ready for the first team squad yet from what I have seen.

At best Anderson will get a run out in the carling cup or at the tail end of the season if we have noting to play for, but John Craig is right, he needs to be given time to naturally fill out and improve his game. Maybe in the 2007/2008 season he will be back up in the first team squad and/or spend some time out on loan in the lower divisions, but I don’t expect him to feature next year.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:23 pm

john craig wrote:
bavlondon wrote:The physical side of his game can be adjusted and it only takes games to do this. Look how quickly Garcia and Alonso adapted. Andeson is young and will learn quick IMO.

It takes games??  What are you on about?  No amount of games will make a 17 year old lad develop physically into a man, he needs at least a year to develop imo, not games.  Hitting the gymn won't do any harm, but waiting for him to fill out naturally is the most important thing.

It's got nothing to do with Alonso and Garcia adapting to a new league, that is not even relevant, they were already both guys in their 20's when they signed for us and already fully developed physically.

I'll bet now that Anderson doesn't even get a sub appearance in the premiership this season.  He's not a player for the immediate future imo.

Joe Cole at West Ham managed with the physical side - and he still hasn't "filled out"!. No ones saying Anderson is the finished article but his performance and goal against Wrexham will only add weight to his case for more first team action this year.

Regardless of whether you think he isn't ready I think we'll be seeing more of him this season for definite
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:17 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Joe Cole at West Ham managed with the physical side - and he still hasn't "filled out"!

I'm sorry but the difference in Joe Cole's physique between now and a couple of years ago is huge mate.  He is much more muscular than he was and both Sven and Mourinho have commented on it.  Even Cole himself has attributed a lot of his improved form to the work he put in in the gymn.  I'm not saying footballers have to be bodybuilders, but the days of wire thin lads succeeding at the top level is over, football has moved on and at least some work now has to be done on the physical side to complement their technical skills.  Even the smaller lads like Ronaldo, Cole etc are pretty muscular, they just don't look it standing next to a Gallas or a Ferdinand.

By the way, Bav I'll take that bet mate :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:47 pm

I'm sorry that it's RealMedia format but I'm not very good at video editing. A 52MB file of quite high quality extended highlights of the game. I hope you will enjoy it anyhow.

http://rapidshare.de/files....rm.html
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:has anyone got the goals?

anderson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCtFiQLJtS8

bellamy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEevqYw0k94

:pirate

watch the goals here dude

nice one guys
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:02 am

Decent result in our first friendly game, great to see so many of the players given a run out, nice to see bellamy getting his first goal on his debut and also seeing paul anderson get on the scoresheet, that lad looks better every time i see him and i hope he gets his chance this season. Bellamy looks like he will get a lot of goals like that 1 this season, he took it very well. Him and fowler will make a great partnership. Palleta did well along with the other youngsters. Cant wait for the crewe game next saturday to see them again, we could see gonzalez and aurelio get their debuts.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:19 am

Got to say, Anderson's technique was brilliant for the goal. It's not the first time, either, with his sublime control in the FA youth cup final.

IF he can bulk-up, he could easily be the next England right-winger.

Looks a REAL player in the making. Definatley one to watch. :blues:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:39 am

john craig wrote:
bavlondon wrote:The physical side of his game can be adjusted and it only takes games to do this. Look how quickly Garcia and Alonso adapted. Andeson is young and will learn quick IMO.

It takes games??  What are you on about?  No amount of games will make a 17 year old lad develop physically into a man,

aye JC, he will need at least to be 18 first

:rasp
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:57 am

john craig wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Joe Cole at West Ham managed with the physical side - and he still hasn't "filled out"!

I'm sorry but the difference in Joe Cole's physique between now and a couple of years ago is huge mate.  He is much more muscular than he was and both Sven and Mourinho have commented on it.  Even Cole himself has attributed a lot of his improved form to the work he put in in the gymn.  I'm not saying footballers have to be bodybuilders, but the days of wire thin lads succeeding at the top level is over, football has moved on and at least some work now has to be done on the physical side to complement their technical skills.  Even the smaller lads like Ronaldo, Cole etc are pretty muscular, they just don't look it standing next to a Gallas or a Ferdinand.

By the way, Bav I'll take that bet mate :laugh:

Obviously you can't read.

When was Joe Cole at West Ham?

The answer: 1998-2003

My point was that although he is more physical NOW, back then he wasn't yet he still managed to play a regular role at West Ham. This only goes to show that players with smaller frames can still offer something to the club.

Rafa obviously agrees with this sentiment as he wouldn't of included Anderson as a sub for the QF defeat against Benfica last season. Andersons goal against Wrexham is just another step towards his first team debut, which i'm certain will be this season, because he is good enough.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:54 am

Im sure Anderson will feature again against Crewe but id expect a full strengh squad against Kaiserslauten.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:16 am

I also think that if he performs well again against Crewe, that we may see a sub appearance against some of the better opposition we're due to play.

I don't believe that his lack of physical presence is a problem, he coped well enough against Wrexham, who at a fitness and ability level, are definitely inferior to Liverpool but I don't think they are inferior at a physical level, if anything probably more physical than a lot of Premiership teams.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:40 am

why are people arguing about physique?

i seem to remember that mcmnaman wasnt built like stallone and he manged to perform week in week out
112-1077774096

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:44 am

my point exactly
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion