Who won't be here next season - I always hate this part

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 15, 2006 3:29 am

I don't think Cisse will go. Out of a season where we have struggled with striker scoring, Cisse has scored a few this season, many of the as a sub.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Mon May 15, 2006 3:42 am

krompkamp, he's not bad, but he's not good enough for us, he's not extraordinary.
We need a really, i mean a really decent winger, especially after a long while of waiting;
next season i hate to see this position to be filled up by players who are not genuinely capable for. for example: cisse, gerrard, and kromkamp.
I think we haven't seen much of krompkamp playing in his natural positition (back), but, i think he's too soft and too ordinary. As only a fan, I maybe wrong, but Rafa can also do a mispurchase for e.g. Nunez, Josemi and Pelegrino (and morientes, i think)
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 15, 2006 3:50 am

joko wrote:krompkamp, he's not bad, but he's not good enough for us, he's not extraordinary.
We need a really, i mean a really decent winger, especially after a long while of waiting;
next season i hate to see this position to be filled up by players who are not genuinely capable for. for example: cisse, gerrard, and kromkamp.
I think we haven't seen much of krompkamp playing in his natural positition (back), but, i think he's too soft and too ordinary. As only a fan, I maybe wrong, but Rafa can also do a mispurchase for e.g. Nunez, Josemi and Pelegrino (and morientes, i think)

Kromkamp has hardly had a chance. He only came to us in January.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Mon May 15, 2006 7:25 am

I'd say it would be Morientes.

You want proof?

I have proof straight from the man himself. :D

Here is the article:   http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152330060512-1027.htm

and

Here is the quote:

"This is not my last game for Liverpool, not at all," added Morientes. "I said halfway through the season that I am about halfway through my job here."

:wwww
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 15, 2006 8:02 am

anti-hero wrote:I'd say it would be Morientes.

You want proof?

I have proof straight from the man himself. :D

Here is the article:   http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N152330060512-1027.htm

and

Here is the quote:

"This is not my last game for Liverpool, not at all," added Morientes. "I said halfway through the season that I am about halfway through my job here."

:wwww

At that point he'd been with the club 1 and a half years. nice try though.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:15 am

going by the bbc chat wth Ian Wright it looks like we will have Wright-Phillips with us! so who will go ? well i hope it will be Morientes but i have also heard that Kewell could be on his way to Spurs.
Traore, Diao, Cheyrou, Le Tellec, Kirkland also look like being shown the door but i fear that Cisse has had his time at the club, Rafa has never taken to him, this guy needs loas of game to hit form, who knows what he could have done for us if had not got so hurt almost as soon has he got to the club.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon May 15, 2006 8:38 am

The players I doubt who will be here next season are Cisse,Dudek,Traore,Kirkland and possibly Pongolle.

I have been one of Cisse's critics on here, out of shear frustration more than anything I think. But I think if Rafa wants to spend big on some of these rumours that are flying about (SWP & Torres etc). He's more than likely going to have to raise the bulk of his funds by shipping a few out, Cisse will probably fetch around 8M. I would agree that Cisse is more useful to our team than Morientes is, and infact we could do with two new strikers but I doubt that will happen, and one will probably be sold and probably that one will be Cisse.

Kirkland and Traore are surplus to requirments as far as Im concerned, I would like to see Dudek stay on as cover but fear he will leave for regular football to Feyenord or someone. Couldnt blame him really and the same could be said for Sinama aswell, talented player but again he's not guranteed first team football regulary. Obviously Le Tallec and Cheryou are due there P45's too.

I've heard the murmurs to of possibly Kewell and Garcia leaving but I would keep hold of both if possible. Because of our lack of scoring freely this season these two are essential especially Garcia. When our forwards havent found the net its good to have such an attacking minded player who can pop up and score you goals. Once Gonzalez joins up with the team, and lets say a right winger is bought in, the competion for the midfield positions will become fiercly competative. And having that quality and depth is imperative to challenge for the title.
66-1112520797

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:28 am

Who knows , we might sell all the above and buy Thierry Henry and Ashley Cole lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:18 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:He is a total liability, and seemingly goes out of his way to concede a goal.

Sums up Traore with that one sentence.  Usually I'm sad to see any player leave, whether they've been rubbish or not, because it's difficult from going from cheering a player on every week to then not liking them.  But for Traore I'll make an exception, he's overstayed his welcome so long it's not even funny.  Benitez's most puzzling managerial decision ever was handing Djimi a 4 year deal last summer.

I agree with you on Cisse/Morientes Lando.  Cisse looks by far the bigger goal threat these days and his performances recently might have given him an outside chance of staying.  I just think though that Benitez will be swayed to keep Morientes instead purely because he's one of his signings and because of the respect he's had for him in his Madrid days.  At least if Cisse does go now we might get upwards of 8 mil, if he'd gone in January we'd have struggled to get 5-6 mil for him I think.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 15, 2006 10:50 am

john craig wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:He is a total liability, and seemingly goes out of his way to concede a goal.

Sums up Traore with that one sentence.  Usually I'm sad to see any player leave, whether they've been rubbish or not, because it's difficult from going from cheering a player on every week to then not liking them.  But for Traore I'll make an exception, he's overstayed his welcome so long it's not even funny.  Benitez's most puzzling managerial decision ever was handing Djimi a 4 year deal last summer.

I agree with you on Cisse/Morientes Lando.  Cisse looks by far the bigger goal threat these days and his performances recently might have given him an outside chance of staying.  I just think though that Benitez will be swayed to keep Morientes instead purely because he's one of his signings and because of the respect he's had for him in his Madrid days.  At least if Cisse does go now we might get upwards of 8 mil, if he'd gone in January we'd have struggled to get 5-6 mil for him I think.

I think Traore was given another deal possibly to attract a reasonable tranfer fee offer, rather than have him see out the end of his contract and leave on a free.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:32 am

Forgot about Kirkland. Hopefully he leaves because he's just a drain on the wages now, not to menion the room he takes up on the physio table.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 15, 2006 11:45 am

Cisse, Morientes, Traore, Kromkamp, Warnock, Loaned out players (Le Tallec/Pongolle etc) will all go. I wouldn't be too upset if Garcia also left. IMO he is not cosistent enough. Don't doubt he has done a great job for us in Europe but I don't believe he has it as a Premiership player. I am pleased to hear that Rafa has been monitoring the Benayoun situation as I see him as a better player than Garcia!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Mon May 15, 2006 12:45 pm

These are the players I think will go:
1. Djimi Traore. He's good at tackling (and possibly Sudoku for all I know), but that's it.  He's certainly not LFC standard.

2. Fernando Morientes. If we could sell him for any fee, I'd take it - he's still got a good reputation in Spain so I'm sure we could get a million or two for him.  His wages must be quite high too, so I think we'd be better off using our money elsewhere.

3. Chris Kirkland.  He's a very good goalkeeper, but he's doing nobody any favours on the physio's coach (as far as I know).

4. Djibril Cisse.  I can see him commanding a good fee, or being used in a swap deal.  He either needs to improve or move mansions.  I'd keep patience with him a bit longer, but I'm not sure Rafa likes him very much.
5.  Jerzy Dudek  Plays well for Poland, maybe someone will come in for him after the World Cup.  If he does well against the hosts maybe a German club will make us an offer for him.
6.  Bruno Cheyrou, Salif Diao, Anthony Le Tallec, Zak Whitbread
7.  My Dark Horse to leave - Harry Kewell.  The one with the peachy-bottom just doesn't have the stomach for the fight (no wonder he didn't stay in Oz).  Gonzalez and Riise can fill in for him quite easily and I'm sure we'd get some decent money for him.

I believe these players will stay:
1.  Luis Garcia. Only the other week Rafa said he's very happy with him now he's accepted he won't change him.  He also said every squad needs a player who can turn games around like Luis can.

2.  Jan Kromkamp.  He's probably earmarked as Finnan's understudy.  I think Rafa has got higher priorities than replacing a right-back.

3.  Steve Warnock.  I can't honestly see him getting much playing time, but I think he'll stay for another season, mostly in the reserves, then ask for a transfer out of desperation to play first team football.

4.  Didi Hamann.  There's little point giving him a new contract then selling him, he wouldn't command much of a transfer fee.  Like many other people, I hope he gets stuck into his coaching badges this year.
5.  My Dark Horse to stay - Florent Sinama-Pongolle.  I think he was loaned out to give him more playing time.  I reckon Rafa sees potential in him, but isn't sure yet.

I should add this rider - I was 100% certain Robbie wouldn't come back.
:upside:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 15, 2006 1:03 pm

2520years wrote:These are the players I think will go:
1. Djimi Traore. He's good at tackling (and possibly Sudoku for all I know), but that's it.  He's certainly not LFC standard.

2. Fernando Morientes. If we could sell him for any fee, I'd take it - he's still got a good reputation in Spain so I'm sure we could get a million or two for him.  His wages must be quite high too, so I think we'd be better off using our money elsewhere.

3. Chris Kirkland.  He's a very good goalkeeper, but he's doing nobody any favours on the physio's coach (as far as I know).

4. Djibril Cisse.  I can see him commanding a good fee, or being used in a swap deal.  He either needs to improve or move mansions.  I'd keep patience with him a bit longer, but I'm not sure Rafa likes him very much.
5.  Jerzy Dudek  Plays well for Poland, maybe someone will come in for him after the World Cup.  If he does well against the hosts maybe a German club will make us an offer for him.
6.  Bruno Cheyrou, Salif Diao, Anthony Le Tallec, Zak Whitbread
7.  My Dark Horse to leave - Harry Kewell.  The one with the peachy-bottom just doesn't have the stomach for the fight (no wonder he didn't stay in Oz).  Gonzalez and Riise can fill in for him quite easily and I'm sure we'd get some decent money for him.

I believe these players will stay:
1.  Luis Garcia. Only the other week Rafa said he's very happy with him now he's accepted he won't change him.  He also said every squad needs a player who can turn games around like Luis can.

2.  Jan Kromkamp.  He's probably earmarked as Finnan's understudy.  I think Rafa has got higher priorities than replacing a right-back.

3.  Steve Warnock.  I can't honestly see him getting much playing time, but I think he'll stay for another season, mostly in the reserves, then ask for a transfer out of desperation to play first team football.

4.  Didi Hamann.  There's little point giving him a new contract then selling him, he wouldn't command much of a transfer fee.  Like many other people, I hope he gets stuck into his coaching badges this year.
5.  My Dark Horse to stay - Florent Sinama-Pongolle.  I think he was loaned out to give him more playing time.  I reckon Rafa sees potential in him, but isn't sure yet.

I should add this rider - I was 100% certain Robbie wouldn't come back.
:upside:

agree with all bar Kewell going.  Rafa rates him highly and (unless we get offered silly money) i honestly cannot see Rafa selling one of his best players from this season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon May 15, 2006 1:03 pm

can't believe people think that kromkamp will go when the guy's only been here 4 months. to me, although he's nowhere near as good a defender as finnan, he's already showed some signs that he's more comfortable than finnan going forward.

personally, i think if we receive a bid anywhere near £7-9m for cisse, he'll be off. morientes will probably leave aswell along with kewell, who i have a hunch will be off to spain.

the future also looks bleak for the likes of warnock and the majority of players who are out on loan (pongolle may be the exception but i doubt it).

as for traore, i'll take 10p and a packet of crisps for him. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion