LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - FA cup 4th round Sunday 16.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thingy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:40 pm

I would like to see El Zhar given a start. People may say hes not ready for a game like this but hes a nifty little player and could unlock there defence if they park a double decker in front of us, which is most possible. I can see us giving them a nice hiding , 4-0 for me.
Thingy

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:41 pm

I don't care what lineup we have just win.
Zidane

Postby Madmax » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Have to win this one. Think we will aswel by a few goals. torres to get in a few.. Rafa will deffinitely must have analysed the prem match and will hopefully conjur a way through the bitters.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alanricouk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Thingy wrote:I would like to see El Zhar given a start. People may say hes not ready for a game like this but hes a nifty little player and could unlock there defence if they park a double decker in front of us, which is most possible. I can see us giving them a nice hiding , 4-0 for me.

I'd give him a chance. We certainly lack pace when going forward, and he has bags of it.
alanricouk

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:16 pm

alanricouk wrote:
Thingy wrote:I would like to see El Zhar given a start. People may say hes not ready for a game like this but hes a nifty little player and could unlock there defence if they park a double decker in front of us, which is most possible. I can see us giving them a nice hiding , 4-0 for me.

I'd give him a chance. We certainly lack pace when going forward, and he has bags of it.

So you want Liverpool to win this one?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alanricouk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 pm

dawson99 wrote:
alanricouk wrote:

So you want Liverpool to win this one?

Yes I do.
alanricouk

Postby redhayesy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 pm

same team for me, but for the whole 90+ this time! no subs unless forced to. one more request -can we please just keep the thread positive,pre-match & totally blocked by the mods during the GAME! have a meeting please mods & make it a day when so called fans watch the game from start to finish, without knee jerk reactions etc. ffs when our games are on, whether i have to stream it or not, all i want to do is sing,shout & support the team,feck interuptions like posting,i will be spending my time on sunday prior to kick off,thinking about the past fa cup derby's & hoping we repeat again some great victory's we've had in the past,& then spend the game totally focused on our performance, hoping for a win how ever it comes it will mean so much to me, it's our team, our city, so let's just have belief & hope the boys restore the pride with have in our beloved club, & throw a stick out of the city to watch those mongrel tw@ts chase after it!    [then re-open the thread to hopefully read people's post's with their tail between thier legs]   

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:36 am

Reports today that Gerrard and Torres may be on the bench ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:51 am

Those asking for the same team have got absolutely no chance IMHO. There'll be a lot of changes, at least four in my opinion. Masherano will certainly play I should think, so will Agger. Babel will probably get a run, and I fancy he'll play Keane. It doesn't really matter too much what the Irishman does though, I'd be amazed if he starts against Wigan (it'll be a 4-5-1 there, with asherano and Alonso in behind Gerrard and Torres. It could conciveably be yet another "score a goal then sit on your erse" scenario for Keane. That said, if he plays like he did the other night and with as much confidence, the first part of the statement won't come true anyhow so there won't be a problem.

I think Rafa will rest Hyppia, Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt. At least.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:48 pm

There was some talk that Alonso had a little bit of bother with his foot on Monday as well.  He's back in training again but I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa opts not to risk him.  Brace yourself for Lucas and Masch in the engine room. :O
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Brace yourself for Lucas and Masch in the engine room. :O

Where's the creativity going to come from there? Yes I know they played well at Newcastle but they had nobody within 30 yards of them for most of the game. At Stoke they were both awful and that game should have been evidence that those two should not be used together in central midfield.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:04 pm

i thought elzhar was banned?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:09 pm

agger and alonso both a doubt for the game...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:12 pm

stmichael wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Brace yourself for Lucas and Masch in the engine room. :O

Where's the creativity going to come from there? Yes I know they played well at Newcastle but they had nobody within 30 yards of them for most of the game. At Stoke they were both awful and that game should have been evidence that those two should not be used together in central midfield.

I'm not advocating it at all, mate...just saying that if Alonso's a doubt AND if Rafa's already decided to give Gerrard a rest, we might see those two in CM.  For all I know, though, he'll play both Gerrard and Alonso.  :upside:

It's an interesting moment, though.  A few weeks ago a lot of people (myself included) were suggesting that the FA Cup was well down our priority list for the season and we should be using the whole squad in those matches.  Rafa clearly had other ideas, as the team he put out against Preston was very close to full strength.  Now with concerns about the Mancs and the impending "race to stay in the race" (completely agree, BTW), I wonder if there aren't a few people reevaluating the cup.  A chance to knock the Bitters out, restore some pride, restore some momentum and perhaps take another step toward winning some silverware (which may soften the blow if we fall short in the league come May)--maybe there's a lot less appetite now for using the squad and seeing how things pan out.  I, for one, would like us to treat it like a league game if for no other reason than that we need to re-establish some forward momentum and that will require getting our best players singing from the same hymnal.  We'll see how Rafa decides to play it, though.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Bad Bob wrote:It's an interesting moment, though.  A few weeks ago a lot of people (myself included) were suggesting that the FA Cup was well down our priority list for the season and we should be using the whole squad in those matches.  Rafa clearly had other ideas, as the team he put out against Preston was very close to full strength.  Now with concerns about the Mancs and the impending "race to stay in the race" (completely agree, BTW), I wonder if there aren't a few people reevaluating the cup.  A chance to knock the Bitters out, restore some pride, restore some momentum and perhaps take another step toward winning some silverware (which may soften the blow if we fall short in the league come May)--maybe there's a lot less appetite now for using the squad and seeing how things pan out.  I, for one, would like us to treat it like a league game if for no other reason than that we need to re-establish some forward momentum and that will require getting our best players singing from the same hymnal.  We'll see how Rafa decides to play it, though.

I think you'll see the likes of Spurs, Boro, Pompey and West Brom all putting out fringe teams as they've all got League games in the week which are far more important.

It is a catch 22 situation for some clubs though. Boro for example haven't won in ten games. Yes I know the League is more important but surely you'd want to win at the weekend to stop the rot and try and get a bit of confidence? It's a difficult one.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion