Liverpool v monaco

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:33 pm

Well in the Liverpool echo vote for man of the match it said none of them deserved it :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:37 pm

Perhaps that's how Harry picked it up in the Post.
He was last out of the dressing room and found it lying on the table !! :D  :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:44 pm

JBG is probably on the money. Take Gerrard to replace Finnan and Garcia to drop back into midfield, leaving Kewell on his own up front. Identical to the tactical masterplan thread. TBQH, I don't see that Rafa has a deal of choice.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:45 pm

Really tho that is an absolute disgrace not one player picked for man of the match against boro.
Usually the list is out of about 5 or 6 ok Baros and cisse are injured but what about the rest of the team ??? .
Also read Hyypia dreading facing saviola no wonder with his performances of late, why not give whitbread a go?
Our defence couldnt get any worse than it is now, I would play him on saturday, sammi steps in as captain when Gerrards not around maybe he thinks he will never be dropped until some one else comes in to take his place, really speaking with all his experience and years with us, he should not be performing as poor as he is, maybe diffrent techniques being taught at Melwood? maybe his age?
What ever it is he really needs to buck his ideas up, our defence is leaking far to many goals in.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:57 pm

Hyypia may also be pleased to have the responsibilities cut down to looking after an obvious Target Man and not also be burdened with the Captains role.
His individual performance may rise if he can concentrate on 'one job at a time'. I doubt that he has any personal concerns about marking any forward in Europe as long as he can conentrate on the task in hand. :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby begintoend » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:56 am

Counter-Attack Hard and keep the midfield pack. We may not have our strikers but if all are determine to stop the monaco players, our team is good enough. Pongolle must be use for the fast breaks, and with Gerrard and Alonso in midfield, we will see more options for the forwards as well.
                     Kirk                                                                             kirk
Finnan    Hypia      Carra      Riise                                      Finnan    Hypia    Carra    Riise
                  Hamman                                                             Alonso         Hamann
        Gerrard           Alonso                                             Garcia       Gerrard           Kewell             
Biscan                              Garcia                                                   Pongolle
                  Pongolle

Whatever the tactics, formation or players used, 3 points is a must. We win 0-1.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby polygemus » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:32 am

Speculations abt the scoreline always amuses me.

All I hope is that Mellor and Pongelle are fielded right fr the start. Enough of Kewell and Luis Garcia trying to perform in strikers' role.
polygemus

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:39 am

Rafa has said we can do it if the players give it there all.
He has said.“In Valencia last season we went to Celta Vigo with 13 players out through injury or international duty and drew, then beat Osasuna with them all missing.

“It was so bad I was ready to go on myself and give my assistant Paco Ayestaran a run on the right wing!”

This is how much heart he has ready to go on the pitch himself.
Bet he felt like going on on saturday :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:09 am

agreed - start with one of the strikers
I think I put this in another thread as well
flood the midfield with Hamann, Gerrard, Garcia, Finnan, Alonso
put Harry on the bench (hopefully he comes on at 1 - 1 and scores the winner - 10 mins from time)
L I V E R P O O L Liverpool FC
:D
SouthernScouser

Postby Red_Si » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:57 am

SouthernScouser wrote:put Harry on the bench (hopefully he comes on at 1 - 1 and scores the winner - 10 mins from time)

Dream on man. We're gonna get hammered.
Red_Si

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:21 am

Red_Si wrote:
SouthernScouser wrote:put Harry on the bench (hopefully he comes on at 1 - 1 and scores the winner - 10 mins from time)

Dream on man. We're gonna get hammered.

behave yaself hammered, we are gona win I just know it  :cool:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:32 pm

It is going to be tough game for us, because it is important game for both of them, and Liverpool and Monaco know that they have to win tonight to qualify for next stage.

I am hoping Liverpool will win but I think I go for a draw.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zee » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:16 pm

Hello, i'm back...  :down:
Tough game, i agree... 
Our Offensive trio (Chevanton-Nonda-Saviola) will play today, They were'nt on the field in the 2-0 defeat...
Rodriguez and Bernardi ( Ourbest midfield wasn't in anfield too) are injured
It should be:

--------Roma
Maicon--Squillaci-Givet--Evra
---------Zikos
Pérèz----------Plasil
-------Chevanton
Saviola----Nonda or Adebayor

Perhaps Adebayor instead of Nonda (8 goals so far this season) will play because he is pretty big (1.93) ... And it can be crucial against big fellas as Sami...
I don't think Kallon will debute...
Anyway whe are in a deap crisis actually... We haven't regain our team spirit.. Bunch of stars who plays for their ego and not for the team... New french internationnal's as Givet, Squillaci and Evra are in a "shitty" form  (Not Givet) ... Well i don't know what to predict for this game...
Zee

Postby laza » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:30 pm

Zee wrote:Hello, i'm back...  :down:
Tough game, i agree... 
Our Offensive trio (Chevanton-Nonda-Saviola) will play today, They were'nt on the field in the 2-0 defeat...
Rodriguez and Bernardi ( Ourbest midfield wasn't in anfield too) are injured
It should be:

--------Roma
Maicon--Squillaci-Givet--Evra
---------Zikos
Pérèz----------Plasil
-------Chevanton
Saviola----Nonda or Adebayor

Perhaps Adebayor instead of Nonda (8 goals so far this season) will play because he is pretty big (1.93) ... And it can be crucial against big fellas as Sami...
I don't think Kallon will debute...
Anyway whe are in a deap crisis actually... We haven't regain our team spirit.. Bunch of stars who plays for their ego and not for the team... New french internationnal's as Givet, Squillaci and Evra are in a "shitty" form  (Not Givet) ... Well i don't know what to predict for this game...

Welcome back mate

Hope you enjoy the game tonight

cheers
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:41 pm

Zee wrote:Perhaps Adebayor instead of Nonda (8 goals so far this season) will play because he is pretty big (1.93) ...

1.93 foot isn't very big.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion