Liverpool v olympiakos - If we win and deportivo/monaco draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pool Boy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:12 am

Looking ahead....if we beat Olympiakos and Deportivo and Monaco draw, 3 teams will be tied on 10 points.

Surely we would finish ahead of Monaco as we won 2-0 at home and lost 1-0 away.....or am I reading it right....

Can we go through with a 1-0 win with a draw in the other match (a Deportivo win would get us through).

What are the pemutations for us to go through apart from beating Olympiakos 2-0...........
Pool Boy

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:16 am

We'd also have a better goal difference than the greeks, so wouldn't we be ahead of them as well?
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:16 am

This game is in 2 weeks maybe Baros will be back by then?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:19 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:This game is in 2 weeks maybe Baros will be back by then?

Bet someone else will be injured though!
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:19 am

jymbojetset wrote:We'd also have a better goal difference than the greeks, so wouldn't we be ahead of them as well?

I think if 2 teams are on the same points it doesn't go on goal difference, it goes on the results of those 2 teams against eachother
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:20 am

Woollyback wrote:
jymbojetset wrote:We'd also have a better goal difference than the greeks, so wouldn't we be ahead of them as well?

I think if 2 teams are on the same points it doesn't go on goal difference, it goes on the results of those 2 teams against eachother

That would put us ahead of Monaco and same as Olympiciacos. Doesn't goal difference then come into play between us and the greeks?
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pool Boy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:45 am

If that's the case then if we win....

1-0 - we finish ahead of Monaco, assuming they draw or lose. If they win they top the group and we are square with Olympiakos....then goal difference on all matches comes into play

2-0 - we qualify automatically as we have a better head to head against both Monaco and Olympiakos.

1-1 - or any other draw we are out.....

Am I right ?
Pool Boy

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:11 pm

yes we have to win, unless someone goes to the FIFA blackboard and scrubs out the 9 next to monaco and puts an 8 instead.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:14 pm

I'm going to be selling pocket calculators outside Anfield on the night of the Olympicos game !! :D  :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:38 pm

I have a feeling that Depor will do us a favour.

Despite their shocking performances they still are an excellent team: its just that for some reason, things haven't worked out for them this year.

I think that with the pressure off they'll play without restraint against Monaco, and I think they might beat them.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:42 pm

I agree with you, JBG.

Deportivo were very unlucky this season, I am surprised they are bottom of Champion's League Table.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:47 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I have a feeling that Depor will do us a favour.

Despite their shocking performances they still are an excellent team: its just that for some reason, things haven't worked out for them this year.

I think that with the pressure off they'll play without restraint against Monaco, and I think they might beat them.

we still have to win though, no matter what.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion