Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:25 am

not on tv here -_-, American tv *sighs*
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:28 am

Should be a good match, lets not underestimate Monaco and full credit to them for their cup run last year though they still not one of giants of European football so we have good chance of getting a result at home
2-1 to us
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:30 am

as much as im looking forward to us playing monaco im looking forward to celtic vs barcelona that would be one good hell of a match
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:42 am

Celtic has become a very difficult team to beat under O'Neill. They are very resilient and while they don't score by the bucketfull, they are incredibly tough. We have struggled against them, and in the past the one thing we lacked is resillience apart from the ability to prise open well organised defences if route one fails.

Our passing ability will be very crucial against the likes of Monaco.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:46 am

Monaco are not the same team as last year with the loss of Prso, giuly, rothen and Morientes. However, they will still provide a stern test and we will have to play well to beat them, I think we will get a 2-0 victory with a solid performance, and cap it off with a win at Old Trafford to make it 3 wins on the trot. :)

C'mon you Reds!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:36 am

azriahmad wrote:Our passing ability will be very crucial against the likes of Monaco.

i see joe cole has come out with comments today in the media that english teams have to pass the ball better to succeed in europe. i agree with him. against better defences in the champions league it requires more patient build up play to unlock them. that is the main reason arsenal have struggled in europe as they can't play at 100 miles an hour like they normally do.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby begintoend » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:06 am

we just need kewell back in his best form. He will add width to the offense and we can really punch some holes into the monaco defence.

This match is very important and it sets the tempo of how we are gonna fare in the reat of the CL games.

LFC have the players and depth needed for the competition. Lets see a win in this game. 2goals to the reds.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:08 am

it'll be interesting to see how benitez plays it tomorrow night. i think xabi alonso might play which would mean finnan giving way i presume. i can't really see him using 4-4-2 much this season. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:19 am

LFC #1 wrote:Monaco are not the same team as last year with the loss of Prso, giuly, rothen and Morientes. However, they will still provide a stern test and we will have to play well to beat them, I think we will get a 2-0 victory with a solid performance,

Hope your right but i think it will be closer. I don't think we'll keep a clean sheet against them. 2-1 would be a good result .  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:23 am

3 points would be a good start to our CL campaign, and I am confident we will do the job against Monaco on Wednesday night, spirits will be high and with Gerrard in top form and Garcia and the likes hitting form It should be a good night for all LFC fans. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:57 am

stmichael wrote:it'll be interesting to see how benitez plays it tomorrow night. i think xabi alonso might play which would mean finnan giving way i presume. i can't really see him using 4-4-2 much this season. ???

Wouldn't suprise me to see 4 - 5 - 1 being employed in the CL games , particularly when playing away.

Dudek

Josemi     Carragher     Hypia      Riise

Finnan      Gerrard       Alonso         Garcia       Kewell

Cisse

possible ?  :)
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:00 pm

woof woof ! wrote:                             

Jeremi   

josemi?  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zee » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:15 pm

Well hello All, i'm a Monaco fan...  :blush:
Monaco lost Giuly and Morientes...  (Big Losses)
Monaco lost Rothen and Prso (We don't care...)... Prso was a sub last year, he played cause Nonda was injured.. and Rothen.. Well Rothen is easyly stoppable when you know him.. And Nobody liked him in Monaco...
But Monaco Brought Chevanton, 22 year old, 20 goals in last seria A, just behind Gilardino, Totti and She... (We won him against Barca, Juve, Man U etc...  :Oo: )..
We brought Saviola and Kallon....  And Maicon a very talented right back... 2cnd Selecao Choice in balance with Belleti behind Cafu.. You'll see buy yourselves he is EXELLENT...

But... (There is always a "but"...  :( )...
Chevanton, Saviola, Nonda ain't playing tomorow...
Saviola is suspended...  Chevanton injured and Nonda Too... (Nonda who was top scorer in ligue 1, 26 goals, before his big injurie last year...)... Our three main strikers aren't playin...
Our best Midfielder and most important player isn't playin too... Lucas Bernardi... He got injured with Argentina in WC qualifiers...  :(
So it's gonna be tricky...

Evra-Squillaci-Givet Wich composed the new French defense in CL qualifiers are playin.. But it's their fourth match in the last 12 days...   (2 match with Monaco, two with France...)

That's why i'm not to optimistic...

Due to injuries we will play a 3-5-2 (Probably)

-----------------Roma
------Rodriguez-Squillaci-Givet
Maicon-----------------------Evra
--------Zikos--------Péréz
--------------Farnerud
--------Adebayor----Kallon

Normally we play like that:

-------------Roma
Maicon---Squillaci-Givet--Evra
--------Zikos----Bernardi
------------Saviola
-------Kallon--------Chevanton
-------------Nonda...

But we ain't tomorow...

Anyway i've have a lot of respect for your club, i went once in Anfield and it's quite impressive... Really!
I know your club very well, my best friend is a huge LFC fan...

We never lost in England  Leeds 95 0-1, Newcastle 97 0-1, Manchester 98 1-1, Chelsea 03 2-2)... A french club never won in Anfield,  but Strasbourg, PSG, MArseille etc... got away with it...  :p

See you soon! 
Zee

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:18 pm

Welcome zee, bad luck with the injuries etc, that is why I think we will beat you tomorrow night, but the away leg will be very tough, and a draw would be a good result.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:18 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:                           

Jeremi   

josemi?  :D

Thanks, only lunch time and p*ssed already   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion