Liverpool manager-who you think will be in charge - By the first game of the season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:46 am

NANNY RED wrote:"He has experience, he knows exactly what is needed at Liverpool and the players would love it, especially someone like Steven Gerrard who would, I am sure, respond to the appointment of Dalglish as manager there."

Can't disagree with this bit and must admit I have begun to warm to the idea of King Kenny doing the job for this next season or at least until the club is finally sold. I hate player power but if it would placate Stevie, which in turn would placate Torres then it doesn't look like such a bad idea on the face of it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 am

Scottbot wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:"He has experience, he knows exactly what is needed at Liverpool and the players would love it, especially someone like Steven Gerrard who would, I am sure, respond to the appointment of Dalglish as manager there."

Can't disagree with this bit and must admit I have begun to warm to the idea of King Kenny doing the job for this next season or at least until the club is finally sold. I hate player power but if it would placate Stevie, which in turn would placate Torres then it doesn't look like such a bad idea on the face of it.

It is worriying though Scott with this player power though,
Say the next manager is not liked by certain players , what they gonna do again stop performing . who ever is appointed now , maybe it would be better to not have any players have there say, Nah we dont like him, /nah hes cr.ap. hes tactics are rubbish,
What a bl/oody mess were in .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:06 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

It is worriying though Scott with this player power though,
Say the next manager is not liked by certain players , what they gonna do again stop performing . who ever is appointed now , maybe it would be better to not have any players have there say, Nah we dont like him, /nah hes cr.ap. hes tactics are rubbish,
What a bl/oody mess were in .

Unfortunately it's the way of football these days. The players get all the money, they're the club's biggest assets so I've no doubt they will be sounded out by the club. The more I think about it the more I think I would prefer Dalglish to do the job for the time being. The club is on limbo, I don't think we can get a truly outstanding candidate (unless Van Gaal can be persuaded) to come in and do the job and it seems stupid to settle for someone else only to have new ownership (please) at some stage in the next 12 months to come in and rip things up and start again.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:19 am

I dont think its a case of them being stroppy spoilt footballers.

Its for me a case that they can see that the manager is/was detrimental to the team.
I dont for one minute think if a new man comes in and our top players stay, that they will just spit dummies out and not perform just like that.
The Gerrard thing was for me, the fact that he was frustrated with how things had gone after the manager having 6 years in the job. The manager persisted with a formation that clearly wasnt working all season and played a lone striker that isnt upto it.
Imagine the frustration if you were Stevie.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Waldo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:21 pm

The current Dutch manager Bert Van Marwjk is on the list and we have asked his agent to set up a meeting after the WC to discuss him taking over as manager from next season. He has managed in Holland for most of his career with PSV, Feyenoord and Ajax before he got the national job. He has a very strong reputation in Europe and has won the Europa League twice.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I dont think its a case of them being stroppy spoilt footballers.

Its for me a case that they can see that the manager is/was detrimental to the team.
I dont for one minute think if a new man comes in and our top players stay, that they will just spit dummies out and not perform just like that.
The Gerrard thing was for me, the fact that he was frustrated with how things had gone after the manager having 6 years in the job. The manager persisted with a formation that clearly wasnt working all season and played a lone striker that isnt upto it.

But he and Torres and mascherano are still going , so it was feck all to do with the manager and more to do with the situation the club is in . That's why Rafa was sacked wasn't it ( or so were told ) because senior players had lost the faith in him .

Listen ben , the Rafa debate is finally dead in the water , he's gone and that's it . What are you going to do when Gerrard and Torres and Mascherano still go ? Who are you going to blame then ? The players themselves i suppose?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:I dont think its a case of them being stroppy spoilt footballers.

But he and Torres and mascherano are still going , so it was feck all to do with the manager and more to do with the situation the club is in . That's why Rafa was sacked wasn't it ( or so were told ) because senior players had lost the faith in him .

Listen ben , the Rafa debate is finally dead in the water , he's gone and that's it . What are you going to do when Gerrard and Torres and Mascherano still go ? Who are you going to blame then ? The players themselves i suppose?

I will blame him for fecking things up royally when we were so close to winning the league the previous year  :nod

How do you know they are all going by the way ?

I am not saying they are staying. Its just that your post was as if this is fact ?
Ben Patrick

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

I will blame him for fecking things up royally when we were so close to winning the league the previous year  :nod

How do you know they are all going by the way ?

I am not saying they are staying. Its just that your post was as if this is fact ?

:sleep Ben your argueing STILL over whats past . I'd argue all day with you if you want , but it's pointless mate . What do you want to prove . If it makes you feel better , Rafa's :censored: ,it was all his fault . He took a team that finished second with the most points won in there premier league history and made them gash mate . Ok .

Regarding the Gerrad torres and mascherano going . I did a lakes there sorry . IT was my opinion ben .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:54 pm

They may go, they may not. But the bottom line is if we'd won the league, or even if we'd finished FOURTH last season then the chances of them leaving would be much smaller. They have Euro Disney football to 'look forward to', a club that has not maximised its outcome because it didn't finish higher, and just had to fork out £6m to get rid of the probable cause. On a tight budget you need to spend small, bring in big and maximise results. Rafa failed on most counts.

Why anyone would think the players wouldn't react to Rafa, his tactics, results etc EXACTLY the same way as the average fan I don't know.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Owzat wrote:They may go, they may not. But the bottom line is if we'd won the league, or even if we'd finished FOURTH last season then the chances of them leaving would be much smaller. They have Euro Disney football to 'look forward to', a club that has not maximised its outcome because it didn't finish higher, and just had to fork out £6m to get rid of the probable cause. On a tight budget you need to spend small, bring in big and maximise results. Rafa failed on most counts.

Why anyone would think the players wouldn't react to Rafa, his tactics, results etc EXACTLY the same way as the average fan I don't know.

So what your saying is , it's still Rafa's fault .  :D  :laugh:  :D  UNFECKINBELIEVABLE
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:05 pm

I cant believe that you dont think it is Rafa's fault  :D
Ben Patrick

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Anyway i have proper derailed thread so apologies people.

I think it will be Hodgson who gets the job, but that's just a guess.
Ben Patrick

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Owzat wrote:They may go, they may not. But the bottom line is if we'd won the league, or even if we'd finished FOURTH last season then the chances of them leaving would be much smaller. They have Euro Disney football to 'look forward to', a club that has not maximised its outcome because it didn't finish higher, and just had to fork out £6m to get rid of the probable cause. On a tight budget you need to spend small, bring in big and maximise results. Rafa failed on most counts.

So what your saying is , it's still Rafa's fault .  :D  :laugh:  :D  UNFECKINBELIEVABLE

It's a combination I think. Owzat has a point when he says these players would be far less likely to be looking at other clubs IF we had qualified for next season's Champions League. Surely our failure to make even the top 4 rests on Rafa's shoulders? You can argue he was never gonna push on and challenge for top spot giuven the backing (in terms of net spend) he received this past summer but to fall from 2nd to 7th? However, the bigger picture and where we are at financially going forward falls squarely at the feet of the owners for mortgaging LFC up to the hilt and holding the club to ransom.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Wait a minute scott , we were being told before Rafa got sacked that he had lost the dressing room and Gerrard and Torres were telling all in sundrie that it was them or Rafa . So they get shut of Rafa and well surely that means that Torres and Gerrard stay doesn't it ?  Or was it like some of us said , That gerrard and torres and other players wanted to go because they could see no investement coming in the summer and therefore no squad improvement (wether rafa was there or not ) and decided that they'd had enough of the clubs promises of investment and ship out . AND WHO COULD BLAME THEM . Absolutely feck all to do with Rafa loseing the dressing room ffs.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:27 pm

I don't want VAn Gaal, NOT another foreign manager who has no experience of the premiership taking 3 years to get to grips with it being more physical and doing silly nonsense (like mass rotation) which just doesn't work in the english league.

Hodgeson is number 1 choice, O'Neill 2, Dalglish for a year is third choice.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion