LIVERPOOL vs CHARLTON - Last League Game of the Season...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun May 13, 2007 5:00 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:
skipper wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:Not that I'd doubt him for a second but could you imagine how horrible i would have been if Robbie had of missed the penalty. Maybe it was destiny, maybe his last meaningful contribution will be in Athens! ???

You know, I was thinking that too...

Maybe he was meant to take a penalty in Athens?  :;):

So long as we aint gotta come back from 3 down first!!

I'll take a level score with 88 mins on the clock and robbie to pop up with a winning goal.  :eyebrow

That'll do me nicely.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Sun May 13, 2007 5:02 pm

Warnock and Sheffield down!
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun May 13, 2007 5:02 pm

WIGAN stay up!!!

Anyone been watchin' Thommo on SSN, he's been feckin hilarious. Jumpin all over the show watching the sheff.utdv. wigan game. All the others were ignoring their games and leaning over thommo's shoulder. :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Sun May 13, 2007 5:04 pm

how long before sheff utd start the legal action? :p
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby davo_LFC » Sun May 13, 2007 5:08 pm

kewell defo has to play some part in the final, hes our only left sided midfielder who offers any kind of threat, he made a difference when he came on today
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun May 13, 2007 5:10 pm

i was flicking between our game and the wigan game, it was exciting stuff, it was like a full blooded cup tie
112-1077774096

Postby LFC #1 » Sun May 13, 2007 5:15 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Kewell looked great today...

He sure did, very encouraging.

On a side note how bad was Padelli? Awful.  suppose the defnece didn't really help him our much, but he didn't look ready for the top level.

As for Robbie... He will make a winning contribution in Athens. C'mon Robbie lad.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Sun May 13, 2007 5:19 pm

Kewell will be an important weapon to have in Athens, whether he starts or comes off the bench.
Last edited by skipper on Sun May 13, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 13, 2007 5:20 pm

Did you see the stupid supposed to be banner at the west ham game what a joke. But good quip by tommo on sky when he saw it
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SuperScouser » Sun May 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Well Done Harry ..
SuperScouser

Postby Elchris » Sun May 13, 2007 5:43 pm

thank god padelli is here on loan...!!
Elchris

Postby kingred » Sun May 13, 2007 6:20 pm

hary kewell took the :censored: out of them when he came on looked sharp he will be in the team for the final rafa rates him but he did look good today well done
kingred

Postby jedwards » Sun May 13, 2007 7:05 pm

:angry:

this is the worst game I have  watched from a liverpool team that is preparing for the European final, excluding one player only, and that is Fowler who did his best to keep with pace of the game, to be frank only for bad finishing by Charlton, they would have won 2-6 easily.

Once again I just wonder the logic behind R. Benitez team’s selection and some of his signing in particular the new goalkeeper Pudelli, he is another Dudek in disguise, while we have in Scott Carson the best back up for first choice keeper, as for Zeenden, he should be shown the exit door after his bad displays this season, he did never completed one correct pass to any of his Liverpool’s team player, as if he was playing for Charlton, and it took almost 70 minutes for Benitez to realize that his presence in the side is more distractive than being constructive!.

I am really very worried about next season, for the lack of real depth of very good quality in our squad, we do a lot of very average players in our squad, and God help us for next season, and I have my doubt about Benitez if can achieve any more than cups successes, and I think the league is beyond him, and his talk of achieving that goal, is very premature right now, he does not have too many quality players beyond the first 14 team players. How can he afford to get rid of Carson?, and some other very good players that he let go this season, the likes of left back Wornack.

Just take one good look at “Song” from Charlton, he can not get into Arsenal reserve, and almost out play all our midfield players single handed!!!!, really Benitez should go for him, and replace some of his very average players!!.

Thank You.
jedwards

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun May 13, 2007 7:25 pm

jedwards wrote: :angry:

this is the worst game I have  watched from a liverpool team that is preparing for the European final, excluding one player only, and that is Fowler who did his best to keep with pace of the game, to be frank only for bad finishing by Charlton, they would have won 2-6 easily.

Once again I just wonder the logic behind R. Benitez team’s selection and some of his signing in particular the new goalkeeper Pudelli, he is another Dudek in disguise, while we have in Scott Carson the best back up for first choice keeper, as for Zeenden, he should be shown the exit door after his bad displays this season, he did never completed one correct pass to any of his Liverpool’s team player, as if he was playing for Charlton, and it took almost 70 minutes for Benitez to realize that his presence in the side is more distractive than being constructive!.

I am really very worried about next season, for the lack of real depth of very good quality in our squad, we do a lot of very average players in our squad, and God help us for next season, and I have my doubt about Benitez if can achieve any more than cups successes, and I think the league is beyond him, and his talk of achieving that goal, is very premature right now, he does not have too many quality players beyond the first 14 team players. How can he afford to get rid of Carson?, and some other very good players that he let go this season, the likes of left back Wornack.

Just take one good look at “Song” from Charlton, he can not get into Arsenal reserve, and almost out play all our midfield players single handed!!!!, really Benitez should go for him, and replace some of his very average players!!.

Thank You.

argh well.

I wasn't happy today either but it was a typical end of season game.

Leave next season for Rafa to worry about.

Meanwhile we've got a European Cup final on the way  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheDukeofUke » Sun May 13, 2007 7:32 pm

Absolutely disgraceful of Rafa not to give Dudek a last start.
Everton FC supporter.
TheDukeofUke

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion