Next season, if i was in charge! - I'd ask for patience and understanding!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:14 pm

Hello this is my first post
:)
Predictable but we all have to wait to see what the manager will do when he arrives.  I was a fan of Houllier but do think that he lost it towards the end, the players he got just didnt perform and we never took off from the "5" cups season.

He might want to rebuild the squad or he might reckon theres enough talent there and with the right tactics attitude etc we can compete with only one or two add ons.

Houllier didnt buy S***t players they just didnt do the business for us I kinda like the fact that the Diouff's of the squad have a choice now do the biz or leave a failure and tara
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:16 pm

welcome and happy posting. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Anfield Adorer » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:31 pm

happy posting.

If i was the manager, i think is also important is to revitalize the winning spirit that we once had in our great times
Anfield Adorer

Postby taff » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:38 pm

Thanks St Michael and Anfield Adorer.
I read my old Paisley autobiography the other day and although twenty years old some things dont change, it aint about money or at times even skill its do the players want to play for this club and win things with this club.
Times have changed modern era etc but then explain Gerrard Any new player should want to join the club because they want to be part of history not hang around in a squad collecting cash.

That to me is what Ferguson and wenger have done and what we need to start doing again even if it means goodbye to a lot of deadwood in the summer
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:53 pm

begintoend wrote:Hustler,
cool down
Check with you...
Between Tallec and Pongolle, you preferred Pong. Given the same exposure I'll think Tallec will outperform Pong. I promise you that Tallec will be a hit. I like Pong too. But I see Pong's developement into the next Wiltord; Tallec, the future Bergkamp, if better, Zizou. Still they will be a great combination.

Le Tallec Will be a hit? would you care to explain that one? are you his dad or somethin?

you can see whter someone has got what it takes as soon as they touch the ball, look at pongy and Rooney etc etc, and a young 17 year old michael owen.
84-1083280474

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:24 pm

I thought you were in Charge stu?
Anyway, it was a bad team you picked, and with that team we'd finish 10th or less!
Playing Carra at centre back is a mistake,He gets skinned easily, and he's a fullback.No Henchoz?
Risse at left back just hoofs the ball forward to tiny Michael Owen who will be outmarked and find it hard to win the ball against central defenders like last year! very bad tactic.
Le-Tallec Over Hamaan? Le tallec, in my view, has not shown he has even got what it takes to be a Liverpool player yet!
he hasnt shown any promise, unlike pongolle.
And Murphy is always a liabilty in anyones team. cant pass/tackle etc etc.
Cisse Over Baros? Id give Baros a decent run in the team, and not only that Cisse is an unknown quantity and I bet you dont even know how good he is Stu pot
You forgot to ask your players in the dressing room for a bit more TALENT and FOOTBALL ABILITY Stu! That would help a lot.
No stu, your best team:

Dudek

Biscan     Traore     Carra       Risse

Murphy    Smicer     Diou        Diouf

Cheyrou    Le Tallec

That will get us relaged for sure, and the resemble you cause they are a bunch of LOSERS too!
Do i need to go on?
Soz stu, just ripping into your posts cause you rip into mine all the time!
Hee Hee

We'd finish 10th or less?? Really??

What about with Heskey instead of Cisse, Smicer instead of Kewell and Henchoz instead of Finnan. They are the only changes to the side than the one that finished second, so please explain why with that side we'd finish 10th at best... i'm really curious as to what makes you think that.

Henchoz isn't the same player he was. As for you saying Carragher gets skinned... whats that suposed to mean? Taken on? lmao... have you ever watched a game KID? Carraghers problem at centre back is he backs off to much and doesn't stand his ground. He defends like a fullback, however i still feel he is a better option than Henchoz.

Riise hoofing the ball... if you'd noticed KID, since he came back into the side thats something he improved on. Riise has ability, i wouldn't have him Hoofing the ball out from the back at all. I'd have the defence playing the ball out from the back, with Finnan, Hyypia, Riise all being technically good enough to do this i don't see why we shouldn't.

Le Tallec has shown, Vision, Technique and a good attitdue, which to me says he has what it takes. He can spot a pass and has common sense.

And Murphy... well... we all know you're better than him don't we Hustler. Lmao. Did you know he was a regular starter in a team that reached the champions league quater finals and a team that finished second in the premier league on 80 points.

And yes, Cisse over Baros. Baros has raw ability but isn't half as good as people think. He often holds the play at the wrong time, chooses the wrong pass and plays the game with his head down. He's far better coming off the bench where he can commit tired players as apose to them simply pushing him off the ball every time he tries to run at them.

Whats with the team you wrote down? Clearly i just stated my preffered team... do you think you know my thoughts better than me now? Haha

You call Carragher a loser aswell? Get a grip.

Also who's Diou?? Never heard of him lar.

Listen KID, i only rip your posts because you talk absoloute ******. Saying things like how much better than you are than Danny Murphy and how ****** Houllier was and how you're a body builder etc etc. I also asked where you where from and you replied the kop... which is a bit unusual, but then you went on to say you don't have a season ticket and go to as many games as possible but sit in the lower centenary... evne tho most of that is season ticket holders.

Look KIDDO, i know your 16, and i know puberty was a difficult time for you, but the fact that your knowledgeless posts get picked on, by not only me says something. You really have got mental issues son. I think next time you post, you should take a deep breathe, look at reality, then think... am i posting like a KID or an adult.

Le Tallec Will be a hit? would you care to explain that one? are you his dad or somethin?

you can see whter someone has got what it takes as soon as they touch the ball, look at pongy and Rooney etc etc, and a young 17 year old michael owen.

And another point....

Why do you ask if the lad who said thats Le Tallec's dad? Whats that gotta do with anything??

Care to explain?

No-one i know doesn't think Le Tallec can become a good player...

Hehe

Dear god i wish there was a rolleyes emoticon on these boards.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:09 pm

I don't claim to be a tactical expert but could / should we change our formation ?
433, we could have owen,cisse and baros up front.
343, same front 3 with kewell gerrard aimar murphy across the middle .
I'm only asking :D
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning... smells like.........Victory "  !!!! :D :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:24 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Dear god i wish there was a rolleyes emoticon on these boards.

Last edited by XSD on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:28 pm

LMAO :D :laugh: :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:39 pm

smart ****** :cool:

4-3-3 doesn't consist of three centre forwards.

It consists of a wide midfielder and a winger to get balence... or two wingers and one centre forward or even two support strikers and one centre forward. :)
115-1073096938

Postby zarababe » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:38 am

"If i were in charge ..."  it looks like all of you will be at this rate! :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:05 am

With a bit of experience of this board ive learned to ignore stu`s outpourings.I reckon others should do the same.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:45 am

TheHustler wrote:
begintoend wrote:Hustler,
cool down
Check with you...
Between Tallec and Pongolle, you preferred Pong. Given the same exposure I'll think Tallec will outperform Pong. I promise you that Tallec will be a hit. I like Pong too. But I see Pong's developement into the next Wiltord; Tallec, the future Bergkamp, if better, Zizou. Still they will be a great combination.

I am a fan that notices his ability, not his dad. I dun have a french wife. Try not to bring anyone's parents into the discussion. Respect is a word you have never learnt.

Le Tallec will be a hit. He needs the guidance and exposure into competitive games. Pongolle plays a different role. Both of em will excel if given a chance. Le Tallec imo will develope into a better and more complete midfielder.
Even STU notices he has vision and great technique. You can just see that his potential of a great player is there.
Pongy will be a great forward. He has pace and good 1st touch. He needs to develope how to read the game better. His strike rate is not too bad either. Hope Rushie will train him with a role to strike and set confusion to opponents defence. :D
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion