Next season, if i was in charge! - I'd ask for patience and understanding!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:54 pm

I'd ask because my team wouldn't quite be good enough.

Personally i'd want the Cisse deal to go through.

My first choice 11 would be:

Owen      Cisse
Kewell   Le Tallec   Gerrard     Murphy
Riise       Hyypia   Carragher    Finnan
                  Kirkland

I would want Le Tallec to learn about a defensive and tactical approach to his game. Giving him one season as a holding midfielder, not out an out like Hamann, but more like Guadiola, more so to start attacks rather than break them up. Imo would improve the defensive side of his game and i don't think the attacking intent and vision would suffer. If anything i would think this might help him learn a bit more. That way the season after he would be a bit more able to split the responsibilities with Gerrard. I feel Gerrard is good enough to carry Le Tallec through games where he doesn't perform (being a youngster that is bound to happen).

I would want Kewell to play as a touchline hogging winger a bit more. When he does this he's so effective and direct and i feel he can offer alot in terms of of an outlet and creative ability from out wide. Murphy would be on the right basicailly to hold shape, supply the through balls and take the set peices. We all know he's reliable and hard working and i think one last season of being a regular won't do him or the club any harm.  I would also like him to use a bit more width and able Finnan to overlap more.

At the back i'd play a fairly high line but not to high. I would be looking to replace Carragher long term and Finnan if he doesn't cut the mustard. However i think with Finnan and Riise both givin the license to attack at every opportunity i think both could excel and become key players for this team.

I would also encourage my 4 wide players to try and get to the by line and not cross from deep positions. Low passes from those areas cause immense problems are extremely hard to defend against.

Also with players like Riise, Finnan, Hyypia, Murphy, Le Tallec, Kewell, Gerrard and Owen the neucleus of the side has extremely strong technical ability. Both in terms of passing and control. Therefore i feel this would improve the ability to keep possession, movement is also important.

I think Le Tallec needs to develop physically over the next two years, but with the right training i feel he could do this.
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:34 pm

PRAISE THE LORD YOU AINT THE GAFFER
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:56 pm

lol
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:59 pm

The new manager should be allowed to pick his own team and players.He should also be given a sizeable transfer fund immediately to bring in some of his own men.I wouldnt have the neck to pick his team for him at this stage.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:18 pm

it will take a bit more than cisse to turn next season round.le tallec needs a year in the reserves he already said if he his not picked hes off, we need abit more commitment than that. then theres murphy well its alreay been said.:( :( :( :( :(
fritzylfc

Postby DAV » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:36 pm

If u were in charge STU i'd be calling for Houlier back
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:48 pm

I agree with most of that team but would definitely try to hold on to Didi Hamann. If he stays I would play him in every match. Hamann is an unrecognised key in the squad. He is our holding player, he has huge experience which he will impart to our youngsters. He quietly does his job and lets others take the acclaim.

Look what happened to Real when they sold Makelele. Raul used to say he was the most important member of their team.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:50 pm

Stu has made some good points but I can't help thinking that the above team has Gerard Houllier written all over it.

I think we have 6 or 7 players from the Houllier era that can prove to be part of a successful side, but it wouldn't particularly bother me to see the backs of half the current squad.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby bpm1976 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:41 pm

This is a joke right?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby begintoend » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:29 am

These are our confirmed players for next season huh.....
I wish those tipped to come in (Aimar/Ayala/Rosicky) will be available too.
                 1st choice                                                                  2nd choice
             Owen      Cisse                                                          Baros         Cisse
    Kewell                        Murphy                                  Kewell        Le Tallec        Smicer
            Hamann    Gerrard                                                            Gerrard
Riise       Hyypia   Carragher    Finnan                             Riise      Henchoz   Hyypia    Carragher
                 Kirkland                                                                     Kirkland
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:38 am

I don't agree with everything stu said about, err ... about....  ???
(oops, sorry i forgot to read your post first) :p
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:45 am

I thought you were in Charge stu?
Anyway, it was a bad team you picked, and with that team we'd finish 10th or less!
Playing Carra at centre back is a mistake,He gets skinned easily, and he's a fullback.No Henchoz?
Risse at left back just hoofs the ball forward to tiny Michael Owen who will be outmarked and find it hard to win the ball against central defenders like last year! very bad tactic.
Le-Tallec Over Hamaan? Le tallec, in my view, has not shown he has even got what it takes to be a Liverpool player yet!
he hasnt shown any promise, unlike pongolle.
And Murphy is always a liabilty in anyones team. cant pass/tackle etc etc.
Cisse Over Baros? Id give Baros a decent run in the team, and not only that Cisse is an unknown quantity and I bet you dont even know how good he is Stu pot
You forgot to ask your players in the dressing room for a bit more TALENT and FOOTBALL ABILITY Stu! That would help a lot.
No stu, your best team:

Dudek

Biscan     Traore     Carra       Risse

Murphy    Smicer     Diou        Diouf

Cheyrou    Le Tallec

That will get us relaged for sure, and the resemble you cause they are a bunch of LOSERS too!
Do i need to go on???????????????????????????
Soz stu, just ripping into your posts cause you rip into mine all the time!
Hee Hee
84-1083280474

Postby begintoend » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:28 pm

Hustler,
cool down
Check with you...
Between Tallec and Pongolle, you preferred Pong. Given the same exposure I'll think Tallec will outperform Pong. I promise you that Tallec will be a hit. I like Pong too. But I see Pong's developement into the next Wiltord; Tallec, the future Bergkamp, if better, Zizou. Still they will be a great combination.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:32 pm

begintoend wrote:Tallec, the future Bergkamp, if better, Zizou.

lets not get carried away now mate. for all the guys promise, if he can perform to even 20% of zz's ability he will be an exceptional player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby blind » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:40 pm

stmichael wrote:
begintoend wrote:Tallec, the future Bergkamp, if better, Zizou.

lets not get carried away now mate. for all the guys promise, if he can perform to even 20% of zz's ability he will be an exceptional player.

very true as zizou is such a gifted player. Le tallac and Pongolle need toplay together in a side becausethey have a very good conection between each other and that was why gerrard bought them as a pair because the understanding between the two is fantastic they can find each other on the pitch in blindfolds they are just still very young for the prem at the moment. But they will be future stars of the club.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion