Kenny Departs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm wrote:
Just because we changed manager doesnt automatically mean instant improvement

Where have I said this will be the case? I haven't, but I am confident that better times lie ahead for this football club and I am 100% confident that FSG are the right people for us.
Boxscarf

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 9:55 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm wrote:
"Ian Ayre, Tom Werner, they both care, rah rah rah!
FSG, John Henry, theyre for me, rah rah rah!
Goooooooooooooooooo Fenway!!"
:laugh:

You won't be laughing when supporters like yourself force FSG out and we end up with another Hicks and Gillett. They sacked a manager who was a mixed bag and after £100m worth of investment finished in a lower league position than the season before, get over it. I didn't see this kind of out pouring when Rafa was sacked.

Your serious response to my joke makes me even more suspicious...
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm wrote:

You be as suspicious as you want, I don't take kindly to being mocked, thank you very much.
Boxscarf

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm wrote:

You be as suspicious as you want, I don't take kindly to being mocked, thank you very much.

I apologise profusely that you have taken offence at my gentle teasing. I meant no harm and didnt realise that your sensitivity was so acute.
I will refrain in the future and will treat whatever you say with the greatest respect and the most enormous gravitas due to its utter relevance and huge importance in all our lives.
Forgive me please
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Boxscarf » Sun May 20, 2012 10:58 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm wrote:
Just because we changed manager doesnt automatically mean instant improvement

Where have I said this will be the case? I haven't, but I am confident that better times lie ahead for this football club and I am 100% confident that FSG are the right people for us.

I didn't say you did.

100% confident in FSG ? Based on what ?

I would suggest that 99% of the fan base still don't trust because of previous owners yet you seem to.
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 20, 2012 11:33 pm

99% of Liverpool fans don't trust the owners...nothing like a sweeping statement based on thin air, eh benny?  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 11:35 pm

It was a suggestion based on what I have read and listened to and going by past history of owners.

People trusted the previous owners too quickly - FSG have a long way to go to earn the trust of the fans.
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 pm wrote:It was a suggestion based on what I have read and listened to and going by past history of owners.

Would this be the media that you berate everyone for reading and listening to? :laugh:

You don't half talk some $*i*e Benny, but you also make me laugh  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 11:44 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 20, 2012 11:39 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 pm wrote:It was a suggestion based on what I have read and listened to and going by past history of owners.

Would this be the media that you berate everyone for reading and listening to? :laugh:

You don't half talk some $*i*e Benny, but you also make me laugh  :laugh:

No that will be the "supporters" I'm listening too and reading.

Never mentioned anything about scum journalists

Have you come to the realisation that things could possibly get worse for us during the next season?
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 20, 2012 11:50 pm

They could get worse, or they could improve; no one knows, do they?

Personally, i'm confident that it'll improve and, until the season starts, and we see results, there's little more we can do but wait.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 am

Benny The Noon » Sun May 20, 2012 10:28 pm wrote:
I would suggest that 99% of the fan base still don't trust because of previous owners yet you seem to.

mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 21, 2012 6:08 am

mart » Mon May 21, 2012 8:27 am wrote:

There's no doubt about, T&T broke all traditional trust of the owner/fan relationship at LFC and we also see horror stories at other grounds (Blackburn, Portsmouth etc.. amongst many) so the emphasis is on thh owners to communicate better with the fans to rebuild trust. They won our initial trust when they bought the club and saw off the yanks in the court, when they appointed Kenny and when they spent money, however now they have to come out and both say 'trust us we know what we're doing' but also demonstrate it by appointing the right man and giving him some swag to play with. And build a new stadium.

Its a big ask, but owning LFC has never been easy.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 am

Reg » Mon May 21, 2012 5:08 am wrote:
mart » Mon May 21, 2012 8:27 am wrote:

There's no doubt about, T&T broke all traditional trust of the owner/fan relationship at LFC and we also see horror stories at other grounds (Blackburn, Portsmouth etc.. amongst many) so the emphasis is on thh owners to communicate better with the fans to rebuild trust. They won our initial trust when they bought the club and saw off the yanks in the court, when they appointed Kenny and when they spent money, however now they have to come out and both say 'trust us we know what we're doing' but also demonstrate it by appointing the right man and giving him some swag to play with. And build a new stadium.

Its a big ask, but owning LFC has never been easy.

I dont think they have done to much wrong in fairness they bought a club invested heavy and the side didnt get the results they were looking for.

These are business men they want to be sucessful and i know it was hard to except when Kenny got the boot but they did what the thought was right and to make us progress. They know what they want to do for the future how much money they want to pledge and where they see we should be.

I think we should respect the fact that they thought 8th place wasnt good enough for a side like Liverpool

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 21, 2012 11:08 am

RichardLFC1

"I dont think they have done to much wrong in fairness they bought a club invested heavy and the side didnt get the results they were looking for.
These are business men they want to be sucessful and i know it was hard to except when Kenny got the boot but they did what the thought was right and to make us progress. They know what they want to do for the future how much money they want to pledge and where they see we should be.
I think we should respect the fact that they thought 8th place wasnt good enough for a side like Liverpool"

They didnt want KK from the begining mate
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon May 21, 2012 11:40 am

Thommo's perm » Mon May 21, 2012 10:08 am wrote:RichardLFC1

"I dont think they have done to much wrong in fairness they bought a club invested heavy and the side didnt get the results they were looking for.
I think we should respect the fact that they thought 8th place wasnt good enough for a side like Liverpool"

They didnt want KK from the begining mate
:no

With all respect, its up to them who manages the team and what management set up we have,  It never has and I suspect never will be our concern about how the club is set up as long as it is done correctly.  Our job really is to support the team (that they pay for) and the manager and hope that everything else is ok.

Make me laugh when people say they want the club to be ran in the "Liverpool way" behind closed doors but all cry in front of their keyboards and start runours when no information comes out.  Does anyone really believe what they read about Liverpool speaking and being turned down by nearly every manager in all the papers at the moment,  I dont.  I am sure FSG are conducting themselves in a proffesional way whilst the UK media write ***** about us and then watch us freaking out on the chat forums/twitter/facebook.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion