Just to get the blood boiling ? - Something is not right !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Seems to be a lot of pedantic people on here arguing about sweet f*ck all at times. I fu*king hate ego's.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:37 pm

I have to say what the fook does it matter if Gerrard spoke to the ref or not?!?! Are the bitters denying Hibbert should have been sent off?!?!?!? He got the decision right, if it happened to other teams they might be annoyed but at the end of the day Gerrard wasn't getting Hibbert sent off when he didn't deserve to be. Why is the focus not on the Kuyt yellow (that should have been red) card? Anyone with an ounce of sense would have 'levelled the score' and had a word with the ref.

I hear Wenger watched some of the World Cup and said there were lots of good things including only the captain talking to the ref, he said the use of technology to aid the ref in rugby pretty much puts football to shame. He also said that it was good they played 'real time' where the clock stops, however there are a few rules need changing :-

- the half can only end when the ball is dead (excluding penalties) A game is supposed to be 80 mins not 80 mins and as long as a team can keep the ball alive until they score the points they need.

- accidental offside, particularly in broken down mauls (?) How the fook can someone with their head down know when a maul has broken down? It's a stupid rule, open to teams deliberately breaking the maul down so their opponent is accidentally offside.

- the award of penalties for too many offences leading to kicks for goal pretty much for any offence in the opposition half. Although the 'try' originally meant a try at goal, the game has progressed and I think too many offences result in three points which make the game turgid.

But I say replays and the way the refs handle the players are lessons football could learn from rugby and should be introduced. I thought the officials were too lenient on Argentina and France saying that
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Seems to be a lot of pedantic people on here arguing about sweet f*ck all at times. I fu*king hate ego's.

Exactly, like conspiracy theories.
LFC2007

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:38 pm

redtrader74 wrote:And how long would a footballer be banned for if in every game he chinned someone....the comparison is foolish.

It’s not, footballers and football in general should look at Rugby for ideas on how to improve football on the whole, I have to say I don’t enjoy football and haven’t for a long time and each season, it gets worse.

Football was a game I grew up on, I loved it, but as the years have passed by I have enjoyed it less and less, it’s not a game I want to be associated with in all honesty. The England Rugby players showed the likes of Steven Gerrard up during the RWC.

Football needs an overhaul and referees need to be given more protection and more authority. Never in a match would a rugby player demand anything from a referee and never would a set of rugby players surround the referee.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:52 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Seems to be a lot of pedantic people on here arguing about sweet f*ck all at times. I fu*king hate ego's.

Ah, come off it.

I'm talking about  silly stuff that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. It always seems to boil down to ego's who want the last word in, then insults get thrown about. Over what? Something as daft as Gerrard pointing out the rules to the ref? I thought being a Liverpool supporter, and him being our captain, that people as a whole wouldn't care and agree with SG in any case. Obviously not.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:54 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:I have to say I don’t enjoy football and haven’t for a long time and each season, it gets worse.

Football was a game I grew up on, I loved it, but as the years have passed by I have enjoyed it less and less, it’s not a game I want to be associated with in all honesty.

I don't want to cause an argument but what are you doing on a football forum if you feel like that?
account deleted by request

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:55 pm

Gerrard having a word with the ref isn't the issue - the issue is whether or not the ref changed his mind based on what Gerrard said. It's not like he went up to him kicking and screaming, bringing half the team with me.

Personally, the two things that disappointed me in the game were Kuyt and Carra's challenges, the first of which was very leniantly dealt with, and the second of which went unpunished completely. Most worryingly though, why did Everton still have enough time on the ball to muster a final attack when they were down to 9 men?

All of which is immaterial though. 3 points gained, now on to Arsenal.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Ah, come off it.

I'm talking about  silly stuff that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. It always seems to boil down to ego's who want the last word in, then insults get thrown about. Over what? Something as daft as Gerrard pointing out the rules to the ref? I thought being a Liverpool supporter, and him being our captain, that people as a whole wouldn't care and agree with SG in any case. Obviously not.

Talking sh!t about conspiracy theories is just as bad as some of the content in this thread.

It has everything to do with the topic being discussed.

Read the lad's opening post: 'One of the saddest incidents was the calling for the sending off by Gerrard. It was a penalty and it was a sending off offence but it did NOT need a scouser pointing it out to the ref that the blue needed sending off. That is NOT the scouse way of playing !!'

How's the issue gone of topic?
LFC2007

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:59 pm

IMO we dont do enough complaining to refs instead we are like gobshites at times dont get me wrong I hate it when Chelsea & Man U surround the refs and tell them what to do, but they get the decions and go on to win titles.

We on the other hand never hardly do it.
Maybe its about time we stared to, them two pens yesterday made up for the two pen decsions given against us this season already.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:00 pm

s@int wrote:
Wilhelmsson wrote:I have to say I don’t enjoy football and haven’t for a long time and each season, it gets worse.

Football was a game I grew up on, I loved it, but as the years have passed by I have enjoyed it less and less, it’s not a game I want to be associated with in all honesty.

I don't want to cause an argument but what are you doing on a football forum if you feel like that?

:D  :D  :D Quote of the day for me saint
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:04 pm

s@int wrote:

I know he said he hates swearing at grounds the other day, following the wrong sport IMO maybe he should just watch the OAP bowling?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:07 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Ah, come off it.

Talking sh!t about conspiracy theories is just as bad as some of the content in this thread.

Read the lad's opening post: 'One of the saddest incidents was the calling for the sending off by Gerrard. It was a penalty and it was a sending off offence but it did NOT need a scouser pointing it out to the ref that the blue needed sending off. That is NOT the scouse way of playing !!'

Whatever. Seems that no matter who posts what, you're at the center of the arguments. It's not even a case of just pleasantly debating with the person. You just dive in there and lambaste the person's opinion as if they are some sort of idiot. It's a patronizing tone. Be it as it may, if someone's opinion sounds mad, it's still their opinion and as such should be treated with some kind of respect.

Here's one for sh*ts and giggles: I thought Gerrard dove, then went and got the player sent off.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:08 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:And how long would a footballer be banned for if in every game he chinned someone....the comparison is foolish.

It’s not, footballers and football in general should look at Rugby for ideas on how to improve football on the whole, I have to say I don’t enjoy football and haven’t for a long time and each season, it gets worse.

Football was a game I grew up on, I loved it, but as the years have passed by I have enjoyed it less and less, it’s not a game I want to be associated with in all honesty. The England Rugby players showed the likes of Steven Gerrard up during the RWC.

Football needs an overhaul and referees need to be given more protection and more authority. Never in a match would a rugby player demand anything from a referee and never would a set of rugby players surround the referee.

Trying hard here not to get p!ssed off with your ridiculous statements.
Two threads now you have slagged off our captain for f;'ck all.
What did he say to the ref, i'd love to know, you seem to.

Even if he did say....he's got to go..or something along those lines, why would that be bad ? He made a comment and then walked off. It was without doubt a straight red so its fair enough. As captain of the club he has a right to speak with the ref, he hardly harrassed the man.

Now the other thread, i commented on Gerrards smirk/wry smile when Sissoko missed.
You said he was a disgrace or something along those lines, now what i meant is that Gerrard must of been thinking to himself, thats my position i would put that away..Momo is hopeless in that area (the final third) and smiled wryly to himself. I am not suggesting that Gerrard was happy that Sissoko missed or celebrating. Infact at the end i think our captain was dignified and showed class, despite him being so poorly treated (and thats what he was in my book)
Do us all a favour stop harping on about rugby union its got feck all to do with football anyway.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:12 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Ah, come off it.

Whatever. Seems that no matter who posts what, you're at the center of the arguments. It's not even a case of just pleasantly debating with the person. You just dive in there and lambaste the person's opinion as if they are some sort of idiot. It's a patronizing tone. Be it as it may, if someone's opinion sounds mad, it's still their opinion and as such should be treated with some kind of respect.

Here's one for sh*ts and giggles: I thought Gerrard dove, then went and got the player sent off.

What argument?

Point it out.

How have I lambasted someone's opinion?

I've given my reasoning.

I'm happy to type, reply and give my reasoning, I couldn't give a rat's left bollock if you think it's patronising.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:19 pm

Ciggy wrote:
s@int wrote:

I know he said he hates swearing at grounds the other day, following the wrong sport IMO maybe he should just watch the OAP bowling?

maybe he needs one of these cigg just to chill out

it looks quality when its bigger but i dont know how to do it
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion