Just to get the blood boiling ? - Something is not right !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:24 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Seems to be a lot of pedantic people on here arguing about sweet f*ck all at times. I fu*king hate ego's.

Exactly, like conspiracy theories.

Ah, come off it.

I'm talking about  silly stuff that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. It always seems to boil down to ego's who want the last word in, then insults get thrown about. Over what? Something as daft as Gerrard pointing out the rules to the ref? I thought being a Liverpool supporter, and him being our captain, that people as a whole wouldn't care and agree with SG in any case. Obviously not.

Talking sh!t about conspiracy theories is just as bad as some of the content in this thread.

It has everything to do with the topic being discussed.

Read the lad's opening post: 'One of the saddest incidents was the calling for the sending off by Gerrard. It was a penalty and it was a sending off offence but it did NOT need a scouser pointing it out to the ref that the blue needed sending off. That is NOT the scouse way of playing !!'

How's the issue gone of topic?

Whatever. Seems that no matter who posts what, you're at the center of the arguments. It's not even a case of just pleasantly debating with the person. You just dive in there and lambaste the person's opinion as if they are some sort of idiot. It's a patronizing tone. Be it as it may, if someone's opinion sounds mad, it's still their opinion and as such should be treated with some kind of respect.

Here's one for sh*ts and giggles: I thought Gerrard dove, then went and got the player sent off.

What argument?

Point it out.

How have I lambasted someone's opinion?

I've given my reasoning.

I'm happy to type, reply and give my reasoning, I couldn't give a rat's left bollock if you think it's patronising.

Chill.  :cool:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Seems to be a lot of pedantic people on here arguing about sweet f*ck all at times. I fu*king hate ego's.

Ah, come off it.

I'm talking about  silly stuff that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. It always seems to boil down to ego's who want the last word in, then insults get thrown about. Over what? Something as daft as Gerrard pointing out the rules to the ref? I thought being a Liverpool supporter, and him being our captain, that people as a whole wouldn't care and agree with SG in any case. Obviously not.

Talking sh!t about conspiracy theories is just as bad as some of the content in this thread.

Read the lad's opening post: 'One of the saddest incidents was the calling for the sending off by Gerrard. It was a penalty and it was a sending off offence but it did NOT need a scouser pointing it out to the ref that the blue needed sending off. That is NOT the scouse way of playing !!'

Whatever. Seems that no matter who posts what, you're at the center of the arguments. It's not even a case of just pleasantly debating with the person. You just dive in there and lambaste the person's opinion as if they are some sort of idiot. It's a patronizing tone. Be it as it may, if someone's opinion sounds mad, it's still their opinion and as such should be treated with some kind of respect.

Here's one for sh*ts and giggles: I thought Gerrard dove, then went and got the player sent off.

What argument?

Point it out.

I've given my reasoning.

I'm happy to type, reply and give my reasoning, I couldn't give a rat's left bollock if you think it's patronising.

Don't use that patronising tone with me,  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:30 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Ah, come off it.

What argument?

Point it out.

I've given my reasoning.

Don't use that patronising tone with me,  :laugh:

You're almost as stubborn as Rafa Benitez, I'll give you that much.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:32 pm

I am Rafa  :;):  Must be a conspiracy  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:34 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I am Rafa  :;):  Must be a conspiracy  :laugh:

I'll never hear the end of that.  :angry:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:35 pm

YAWN........................

Anyway back to topic Why the doom & gloom? after we won ugly yesterday against our bitterest rivals?
Last season when they beat us 3-0 they cheated for two of them goals arnt we aloud to do the same?
Or isnt that the Liverpool way? But its good enough for others to do?

Its no secret that I am not a fan of Rafa's rotation policy I wasnt happy when I seen the team sheet yesterday with no natural width, but Rafa did pick the correct team taking into account the Internationals for the last two weeks.

Pennant might have been sent off yesterday cause he is a bit of a hot head and also a bit light weight so it was the correct decision not to start him and Gerrard was great in his free role looked like a completely different player.

Crouch isnt mobile enough even though he is really fresh with hardly no playing time this season it was the correct choice not to start him.

When Gerrard got subbed I thought WTF is Rafa doing, but maybe in hindsight he may have been sent off and them songs where not helping and Rafa isnt deaf.

Plus two crucial games coming up this week and he had played in the both England games.
It was the correct decision in the end to sub him, and Lucas was great when he came on and we really went at them from then on.

We will start to improve from now on with the return of 4 really important players and we have really missed two of them it started to go pear shape when they got injured Alonso and Agger, plus Kewell and Torres are back.

A good result in Istanbul on wednesday and we are back on track.

Its really hard to win at Goodison I am over the moon we won but I cant get my head around the doom and gloom not just on here but on other Liverpool forums some are suicidal on RAWK  ???

Our players had one day to train on friday and with the early kick off we where hardly going to be pulling up trees.
Things will get better from now on just wait and see.
We have a bloody good team now, things will start looking up.

That win yesterday will give the lads a huge boost it was just what they needed.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Ciggy wrote:YAWN........................

Anyway back to topic Why the doom & gloom? after we won ugly yesterday against our bitterest rivals?
Last season when they beat us 3-0 they cheated for two of them goals arnt we aloud to do the same?

Its no secret that I am not a fan of Rafa's rotation policy I wasnt happy when I seen the team sheet yesterday with no natural width, but Rafa did pick the correct team taking into account the Internationals for the last two weeks.

Pennant might have been sent off yesterday cause he is a bit of a hot head and also a bit light weight so it was the correct decision not to start him and Gerrard was great in his free role looked like a completely different player.

Crouch isnt mobile enough even though he is really fresh with hardly no playing time this season it was the correct choice not to start him.

When Gerrard got subbed I thought WTF is Rafa doing, but maybe in hindsight he may have been sent off and them songs where not helping and Rafa isnt deaf.

Plus two crucial games coming up this week and he had played in the both England games.
It was the correct decision in the end to sub him, and Lucas was great when he came on and we really went at them from then on.

We will start to improve from now on with the return of 4 really important players and we have really missed two of them it started to go pear shape when they got injured Alonso and Agger, plus Kewell and Torres are back.

Its really hard to win at Goodison I am over the moon we won but I cant get my head around the doom and gloom not just on here but on other Liverpool forums some are suicidal on RAWK  ???

Our players had one day to train on friday and with the early kick off we where hardly going to be pulling up trees.

That win yesterday will give the lads a huge boost it was just what they needed.

Get in their lynds . Top post mate. Onwards and upwards.

:bowdown
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:12 am

Those of you who where expecting a nice clean victory at Goodison should get the :censored: outta Dodge because thats not Liverpool vs Everton. Its two dogs fighting for crying out loud!!!!

A needed win and its owards and upwards from now on, key players back from injury. We have been missing our two main play makers in Alonso and Agger. Its all good.

Remember two dogs fighting!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:07 am

Ciggy wrote:YAWN........................

I agree Ciggy to an extent.

For me the first half was a non-event for us footballing wise, but TBH I didnt expect it to be slick passing and moving. It hardly ever is during the derby games. I expected the flying tackles, the conjestion on the pitch to an extent. I expected the heart and graft, because that is what a typicall derby is about IMO.

The performance was better in the second half, for me though we were aided more by Moyes' when he kept two up top after Hibbert had been red carded. I dont know what the outcome would of been had'nt it been for the red card. As of late when pairing Voronin, Kuyt or even Crouch uptop we look toothless like last season. So I honestly doubt we would of got back into the game. But as it happens we did, the people whinging about Gerrard "apparently" telling Clattenburg to send Hibbert off, can simply f.uck off in my opinion. United do it, Chelsea do it and Carragher did it in the CL final, I'm not even going to bother entertaining the do gooders on that.

But like I said I was happy with the second half performance, lets not forget Everton rarely troubled Reina, I can only remember Yakubu shooting a ferocious shot on the turn and went marginally wide. Apart from that we did seem pretty comfortable at the back. But like last season were VERY wasteful in the final third, and I'm grateful TBH for the penalities we were awarded as I couldnt honestly see us scoring from open play, certainly after Gerrard was hauled off. tSaying that though I thought we played well without him TBH.

For me this was the only talking point from a Liverpool supporters perspective, I just couldnt understand it, and still dont. We were due a bit of luck after the Chelsea game, but Rafa IMHO was the luckiest person at Goodison on Saturday after bringing our captain off who looked to be the only one making inroads at the Everton defence. For me thats it, I was content with the performance and happy with the result.

Hopefully this was that little bit of luck that some teams need to get themselves going, roll on Arsenal.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:38 am

so what if stevie caused the ref to change his mind?
i dont see anything wrong.
mancs and chelski have been doing that for years. i see no wrong in standing up for your team. a win is a win how we get it doesnt matter. so what if the bitters think we are cheats they would've done worse if they were in stevie's position. and its a DERBY im sure you guys should understand the passion players like carra and stevie would have. and here i see people slamming stevie for supposedly ''influencing'' the ref to red card the bitter.
ok, so even if he did do that, it doesnt matter. we won. in an ugly way. but in this case, the uglier, the sweeter yeah?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:40 am

I am on a wind up
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby No Mark » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:46 am

Bloody Hell!!!

After recovering from a weekend of partying hard on the back of our derby win at Goodison, I logged on here this morning expecting to see a lot of happy posters and I'm actually quite shocked at the reaction on here to a win against our biggest rivals.

It seems some people just cannot be pleased at the moment and to be quite honest some of you are disapointed we won, as that way Rafa didn't fail.

Some our moaning about Rafa's decision to bring off Steven Gerrard for Lucas, yes he is our captain, yes he is our best player BUT it worked. Lucas came on, got the penalty and looked very much like an accomplished player. Job Done.

Some are moaning about Gerrard speaking to Clattenburg, what the f*&k!?!?! Its the derby, we have banter, we try to get players sent off, they do exactly the same. Remember last year, 2 of their goals were fouls in the build up, did they care? Did they f*&k!!! I'm glad he got sent off, it put us in control.

Moaning about his other subs?!?!  For F&*ks sake we won, end of. Rafa made the decisions and the decisions were the right ones.

End of the day, its 3 points from the derby, thank you very very much you bitter :censored:.
No Mark

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 am

we won right but we won by the skin of our teeth , our finishing sucked , it was only by the pens that we won ...
We not gonna get this spot of luck much , and the only good thing was it raised morale and we will have players returning against arsenal won wil be without van pus$y for a month :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:09 pm

JohnBull wrote:Just got back from one of the most pathetic Liverpool derby wins EVER.

It is all very well puffing our chests out and celebrating the win but it was an ugly and sad performance made worse by the INEXPLICABLE subsitution of Gerrard while Sissoko stayed on the pitch. WTF is going on in Raffa's head ?

One of the saddest incidents was the calling for the sending off by Gerrard. It was a penalty and it was a sending off offence but it did NOT need a scouser pointing it out to the ref that the blue needed sending off. That is NOT the scouse way of playing !!

!00% away record and still not happy ?

While I agree with the point about Gerrard's substitution, I can't believe your reaction to Gerrard's "quiet" word. "That's not the scouse way of playing" ??? Where the feck has that one come from? What's the scouse way of playing exactly? Standing by and allowing referees to make mistakes to the detriment of your own team?? Give me a break!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:22 pm

No Mark wrote:Bloody Hell!!!

After recovering from a weekend of partying hard on the back of our derby win at Goodison, I logged on here this morning expecting to see a lot of happy posters and I'm actually quite shocked at the reaction on here to a win against our biggest rivals.

It seems some people just cannot be pleased at the moment and to be quite honest some of you are disapointed we won, as that way Rafa didn't fail.

Some our moaning about Rafa's decision to bring off Steven Gerrard for Lucas, yes he is our captain, yes he is our best player BUT it worked. Lucas came on, got the penalty and looked very much like an accomplished player. Job Done.

Some are moaning about Gerrard speaking to Clattenburg, what the f*&k!?!?! Its the derby, we have banter, we try to get players sent off, they do exactly the same. Remember last year, 2 of their goals were fouls in the build up, did they care? Did they f*&k!!! I'm glad he got sent off, it put us in control.

Moaning about his other subs?!?!  For F&*ks sake we won, end of. Rafa made the decisions and the decisions were the right ones.

End of the day, its 3 points from the derby, thank you very very much you bitter :censored:.

I stopped reading this post when you made a big mistake within your first sentence.

Biggest rivals........ MY A R S E
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion