JOSE ENRIQUE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Thought he was decent today, but not the best we've seen from him.  Made that mistake when he lost the ball to Park that almost cost us, and gave the ball away a few too many times, but was in general pretty solid.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:14 pm

ethanr wrote:Thought he was decent today, but not the best we've seen from him.  Made that mistake when he lost the ball to Park that almost cost us, and gave the ball away a few too many times, but was in general pretty solid.

apart from that mistake, he was excellent our best player on the pitch today. He doesn't like clearing the ball at all, he always likes to pass it (which sometimes gives me a heart attack because he risks it in our own area) he is unbeatable one on one and his upper body strength makes him a beast
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:58 am

best left back in the league by a country mile
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mart » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 pm

Of all the players we got this summer, Enrique is the only one that have genuinely improved our team so far. Top class LB at a bargain price.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Superb
Thommo's perm

Postby roberto green » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:04 pm

What a player....

Could be the buy of the season!!
roberto green

Postby alwayslfc » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:47 am

mart wrote:Of all the players we got this summer, Enrique is the only one that have genuinely improved our team so far. Top class LB at a bargain price.

[quote]

Exactly, IMO he was our best summer signing and didn't cost 35 million like you know who. A hard worker who is always ambitious in going forward. This is what we need in a Liverpool side. I hope he doesn't regret leaving Newcastle for us because currently his old club is above us at the moment.
alwayslfc

Postby ethanr » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 am

metalhead wrote:
ethanr wrote:Thought he was decent today, but not the best we've seen from him.  Made that mistake when he lost the ball to Park that almost cost us, and gave the ball away a few too many times, but was in general pretty solid.

apart from that mistake, he was excellent our best player on the pitch today. He doesn't like clearing the ball at all, he always likes to pass it (which sometimes gives me a heart attack because he risks it in our own area) he is unbeatable one on one and his upper body strength makes him a beast

I felt he gave away the ball a few times more often, and early on him and Downing seemed to miscommunicate a bit.

However, 90% of the time him and Downing are incredible down the left, our best way getting the ball forward is always thru them. 

Also agree he's the best LB in the league.. He can attack and constantly provides attacking options and productive movement, but he doesn't have the defensive frailties that other attacking LB's have (Baines and Cole).  His strength and speed make him almost impossible to beat, and he can really only lose in the air, but how often do you see a LB single-handedly having to take on somebody in the air?

Definitely our best signing this summer.  All our best signings recently seem to be of Hispanic decent... Alonso, Reina, Torres, Suarez, Enrique.... Seems obvious where we need to look!
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:25 pm

It's going to be very difficult for Jack Robinson to get some game time when we have a quality left back in Jose Enrique
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:10 pm

A beast today, there was an instant when Yaya Toure was trying to take the ball away from him he just couldn't Enrique would not budge! lol!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:18 pm

EPLs best signing of the last three years. Was brilliant as usual today.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:28 pm

brilliant again today and to think we nearly ended up with clichy!!.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:32 pm

With Enrique looking like he's played for us for years and Johnson coming into a good patch of form, we really look formidable at the fullback position.  Both lads can handle the defensive requirements well (yes, that includes GJ, who I maintain was always a better defender than some gave him credit for) and both love to bomb forward, run at defenders and create chances.  It's great to watch.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Defensively Enrique is probably the best LB in the league.  He's so crazy solid it's impossible to get past him.

However, I have noticed that more and more of his passes and crosses are not so great.  I've been noticing the last few games that he just hasn't passed the ball as well, and he wastes some of the crossing opportunities he has.  Maybe it's because he's trying to do higher-risk things now that he's more comfortable with our squad, but I'm hoping he can improve on that a bit.

Don't get me wrong, he's been fantastic, our best signing of the summer.  I just hope he can pull his passing together just a bit more, and he'll be great.
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:16 pm

didn't play his best today, but was still as solid as a rock.

Reminds me of Markus Babel
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion