JOSE ENRIQUE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mart » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 pm

If we dont trust the kids we got as backup then yes we need a backup leftback.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Considered Robinson but the lad hasn't played in the first team for a while and also, we've got enough lightweights and hobbits in the side as it is. I'd go for Wisdom's physical presence personally.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:46 pm

john craig » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:26 am wrote:Don't think I'd play Wisdom right back. He's more of a centre back and offers zero coming forward (other than being a threat attacking corners as he's got a great leap). It was worrying how badly he got torn apart by mirallas in the derby and his form never recovered, but at some point he's going to have to be thrown back into the mix.

I would give Robinson a chance at left back but my guess is Rodgers will stick with Downing.

ya agreed. i saw the game and everton keep attacking our right with ease. wisdom was torn to shred.
stick agger left, carra/coates centre
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 pm

Kenny Kan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:21 pm wrote:Considered Robinson but the lad hasn't played in the first team for a while and also, we've got enough lightweights and hobbits in the side as it is. I'd go for Wisdom's physical presence personally.

But what will we do against Man United, Arsenal and City? Enrique is set to miss all 3 of those, and we saw what happens to Wisdom when he plays in the derbies. In those game, I'd like to see Agger at left back with Johnson and right back and Carra or Coates playing central with Skrtel. Doesn't sound very nice but it's the best that I can think of.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Kenny Kan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:21 pm wrote:Considered Robinson but the lad hasn't played in the first team for a while and also, we've got enough lightweights and hobbits in the side as it is. I'd go for Wisdom's physical presence personally.

I'd play with 3 centre backs and be done with it and have Johnson on the left and Wisdom on the right hand side.
Boxscarf

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 am

Enrique played like he had smoked a big spliff a few hours earlier. Shocking.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:05 pm

He has undergone a successful knee operation and will be unavailable for about 2 months.

He will miss a lot of games. Important games. Hopefully Flanagan will be up for it like he was against Everton.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 am

After hearing the news on Enrique, we should bring in a decent LB on Jan 1st (loan if it needs to be) and send Cissokho back to Spain that same day.

Flanagan is OK but no where near the finished product we are looking for yet.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am

Would rather persist with Flanagan and give him a chance to grow.

1) If we're gonna keep on buying players who may not end up as good as what we have in the reserves, what's the point of having an Academy?
2)The kids already have trouble getting minutes because we don't have many games this season.
3) We've got others like Johnson and Sakho who can play there.
4) It's just 2 months.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby only me » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:01 am

eds » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:00 am wrote:After hearing the news on Enrique, we should bring in a decent LB on Jan 1st (loan if it needs to be) and send Cissokho back to Spain that same day.

Flanagan is OK but no where near the finished product we are looking for yet.

Our priorities in the transfer market are NOT the LB position ,we have a bunch of defenders which can do a decent job (it's not as if Jose is a world beater).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:40 am

I'd go Agger left back me until he's back.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:50 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am wrote:Would rather persist with Flanagan and give him a chance to grow.

1) If we're gonna keep on buying players who may not end up as good as what we have in the reserves, what's the point of having an Academy?
2)The kids already have trouble getting minutes because we don't have many games this season.
4) It's just 2 months.

this gets my vote  :nod
unless we are going to sign real quality for that L.B, none of this loan ***** or bargain bin purchases. a proper replacement is needed or else keep the money and use flanno for the few months till enrique returns. we will probably go back to 3 at the back in the next few matches anyway.
my choices for a replacement would be.
pereira (inter) monreal (malaga) coentrau (real)and felipe luis (athletico) the  japanese fella that plays alongside pereira is also good. he can play a few roles as well. caulker or rose would be a good shout also.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:59 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:50 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 am wrote:Would rather persist with Flanagan and give him a chance to grow.

4) It's just 2 months.

unless we are going to sign real quality for that L.B, none of this loan ***** or bargain bin purchases. a proper replacement is needed or else keep the money and use flanno for the few months till enrique returns. we will probably go back to 3 at the back in the next few matches anyway.
pereira (inter) monreal (malaga) coentrau (real)and felipe luis (athletico) the  japanese fella that plays alongside pereira is also good. he can play a few roles as well. caulker or rose would be a good shout also.

Let yourself down there, Caulker's a centre half.

Rose is never good enough.

Enrique's one of the best full backs in europe. I find it staggering that people still don't rate the lad.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:59 pm wrote:

4) It's just 2 months.

Enrique's one of the best full backs in europe. I find it staggering that people still don't rate the lad.

my bad  :blush:  thought id seen the lad play L.B a few times before.
on rose though, all we are looking for is suitable cover for enrique and he'd fit the bill. he's still young and learning and would make a good understudy. just because he got overlooked by AVB or you doesnt mean the lad is a failed player.absolutely anything would be an improvement on cissokho.
our choices are stick with enrique( which i would) sign an understudy to replace robinson/cissokho or outright replace him with better. the english options would be further down my list also as they are overpriced.
who would be your replacement or understudy then ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:59 pm wrote:

4) It's just 2 months.

Not all of us doubt him, I've been a fan for while now. Bundles of talent, let's just hope he doesn't get blighted by injury.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion