JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Don’t apologise Lallana you clearly struggle with the written word  :laugh: I never said that the captain should play at a different level !! I recognised that he had a decent game and praised him for it in the match thread which you have simply ignored. The reason Hendo is a marmite player is because he just doesn’t perform consistently and far too often does very little to influence play.

Even you seem to have quickly downgraded him from superb to excellent. Anyway enough of this Sh*t I’m trying to watch Palace beat City  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:43 pm

devaney » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:13 pm wrote:Don’t apologise Lallana you clearly struggle with the written word  :laugh: I never said that the captain should play at a different level !! I recognised that he had a decent game and praised him for it in the match thread which you have simply ignored. The reason Hendo is a marmite player is because he just doesn’t perform consistently and far too often does very little to influence play.

Even you seem to have quickly downgraded him from superb to excellent. Anyway enough of this Sh*t I’m trying to watch Palace beat City  :laugh:

This is what you said

“Henderson’s performance was slightly above the minimum level I would expect from a player captaining Liverpool FC.” - so it would suggest you expect a different performance from the Captain would it not ?

Excellent , Superb - it’s all the same - it’s not differing levels of performance just means he had an excellent/superb game - your praise is almost grudgingly as if your gutted that he dispels your myths.

As I said it’s all very strange from last season from you - nearly a 180 turn in your belief on the player
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Oh ffs fk off you utterly boring turd  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:14 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:38 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:21 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:59 pm wrote:Superb 300th game from the skipper - can see his form returning. Was a very good tandem with Fabinho

Have you and Hendo got a thang goin' on?

It’s called giving praise when earned -Henderson was excellent last night and people won’t praise him because they have already nail the flag to the mast in regards him. But I happen to think he is a very good player for us and will play a big role for us over the rest of the season

Can you do us all a favour and shut your hole....please?
:grinning:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:43 am

devaney » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:00 am wrote:Oh ffs fk off you utterly boring turd  :laugh:

Right between the eyes!   One hundred and EIGHHHHTY !!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:59 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:43 pm wrote:
devaney » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:13 pm wrote:Don’t apologise Lallana you clearly struggle with the written word  :laugh: I never said that the captain should play at a different level !! I recognised that he had a decent game and praised him for it in the match thread which you have simply ignored. The reason Hendo is a marmite player is because he just doesn’t perform consistently and far too often does very little to influence play.

This is what you said

“Henderson’s performance was slightly above the minimum level I would expect from a player captaining Liverpool FC.” - so it would suggest you expect a different performance from the Captain would it not ?

Excellent , Superb - it’s all the same - it’s not differing levels of performance just means he had an excellent/superb game - your praise is almost grudgingly as if your gutted that he dispels your myths.

As I said it’s all very strange from last season from you - nearly a 180 turn in your belief on the player

And just for the record this is what I posted last season:

Post by devaney » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:28 am
I watched Henderson from a high position in the main stand last night which is a brilliant spot to analyse the game. I concluded that Henderson could probably run a marathon and quickly afterwards run another one. Frankly it is not enough. He is basically playing a deep lying defensive role and creates virtually nothing. He scores very few goals. And does he really motivate the team !! Last night was not an exception, it was the same story against Swansea and several other teams this year. I'm the first to admit that when we nearly won the league a few years ago Henderson's red card against City was a defining moment. However he was playing a different role and he didn't have the pressure of the captaincy resting on him. I have always questioned Henderson's overall ability, especially as captain and he still raises serious doubts in my mind. He is certainly no Gerrard !!

Reg I give up - FINAL POST TO MY MATE because I’m bored senseless  :help

Lallana my view really hasn’t changed whatever you may think. Earlier this season I gave the lad a bit of support when he was being castigated. That does not change my view that he is not good enough to captain Liverpool FC and win Trophies. Getting to cup finals is one thing,winning them is another !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:17 am

That was the season before btw - i believe last season you called him “integral” to the team and defending him against a lot of critics

And there you go again with the “good enough to captain” - you will have to clarify that because the players and manager have a different idea to that. Are you judging a players captaincy on their playing ability again ? The players and manager have said he is their captain and he motivates them and when you are at tbe game you can hear him shouting and screaming at his players , encouraging them - but then it’s just an armband at the end of the day - someone who tosses the coin And the ref speaks too - the team should have 11 captains on the pitch.

Henderson is good enough to play for the team - he shows that and the manager seems him to wear the armband and he wears it with pride - that’s all we ever ask

I don’t give a f*ck if you don’t rate him - in the grand scheme of things your opinion is irrelevant and it’s tbe manager that counts - a manager who is far better at judging a player than you could ever be

I posted a nice simple post about him playing 300 games for the club - a brilliant achievement these days and I have no doubt he will continue to play another 100 more - you were the one that leaped in to be critical of him again ( even more pathetic after a very good performance )

It’s great that you “gave him a little bit of support” - there was me thinking as Liverpool fans that was part and parcel getting behind the players and supporting them.

And people telling us to stop praising players just because they don’t rate them - what a crock of Sh*t , people never shut up when they don’t rate someone so why the hell should someone not praise a player when they deserve it.

Is that what’s happened to the forum - people constantly moaning have drowned out anyone trying to be positive.

Henderson is captain of a team unbeaten in the league , top of the table and moving forward - and the player has played his part in that.

It was no different from Kuyt or Lucas when they were at the club - day in day out slated from wall to wall , yet their impact on the club was clearly missed when leaving.

If it’s got to the stage were people aren’t allowed to praise are own players what is the point ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:46 am

For what its worth heres my opinion:
Henderson is a decent, hard working, honest and passionate player. Is he good enough to captain LFC? No. At his best he is a squad player who should only be used in specific games, but not as a the lynch-pin of the team. He has some qualities but has a tendency to lose the plot and cost us, or simply be overrun by better players. He has a good footballing brain and can read a game well. Unfortunately his body doesnt match his brain and he is often either slowing a game down, or not contributing at all. His brainfarts, although not as regular as they used to be, can still happen, especially when he feels under pressure. He has few, if any, leadership qualities and its a mystery how he has stayed captain for so long. I personally think its because of the managers loyalty and stubbornness and how Henderson performs in training and at press conferences. I wont compare him to other captains because theres no point. He is the finished article and wont change now, even if he wanted to, which he doesnt.
I say hand it over to VVD and lets look to the future.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:01 am

Honestly don't think Klopp cares as much as some of you guys when it comes to the captaincy. It's weird that some of you are saying Hendersin is not good enough to be captain. Sebastian Kehl was Klopp's captain at Dortmund and while he was a good player he was far from the star of the team. There is no real benefit from Klopp changing the captaincy. This is not a computer game.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:59 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:46 am wrote:For what its worth heres my opinion:
Henderson is a decent, hard working, honest and passionate player. Is he good enough to captain LFC? No. At his best he is a squad player who should only be used in specific games, but not as a the lynch-pin of the team. He has some qualities but has a tendency to lose the plot and cost us, or simply be overrun by better players. He has a good footballing brain and can read a game well. Unfortunately his body doesnt match his brain and he is often either slowing a game down, or not contributing at all. His brainfarts, although not as regular as they used to be, can still happen, especially when he feels under pressure. He has few, if any, leadership qualities and its a mystery how he has stayed captain for so long. I personally think its because of the managers loyalty and stubbornness and how Henderson performs in training and at press conferences. I wont compare him to other captains because theres no point. He is the finished article and wont change now, even if he wanted to, which he doesnt.
I say hand it over to VVD and lets look to the future.
:nod

+1
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:01 pm

See the skipper held a Xmas Party for lots of under privileged kids , paid for it all and along with Lallana gave each child a great gift - bit a class from him

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... s-15595876

Also great game from him today - controlled the middle very well
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Played well today...credit where it's due
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Santa » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:21 pm wrote:Played well today...credit where it's due

He had a poor first half and the crowd let him know ,but when he came out for the second he didn't put a foot wrong and was integral to us controlling the game and contributed to our play ,I think the manager had a profound effect on this transformation.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Lallana I’ve only just spotted this: I don’t give a f*ck if you don’t rate him - in the grand scheme of things your opinion is irrelevant For somebody that doesn’t give a fk about how I rate Henderson I find it more than a tad amusing that you have gone into tedious and to be honest somewhat boring detail in defence of Henderson every time I write something about the guy that you struggle with. We will never agree. THE END
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:50 pm

devaney » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:44 pm wrote:Lallana I’ve only just spotted this: I don’t give a f*ck if you don’t rate him - in the grand scheme of things your opinion is irrelevant For somebody that doesn’t give a fk about how I rate Henderson I find it more than a tad amusing that you have gone into tedious and to be honest somewhat boring detail in defence of Henderson every time I write something about the guy that you struggle with. We will never agree. THE END

Is this really “The End” - I believe you have posted about 3 “final words” :laugh:

I guess it’s only boring details because it dispels your myths

See he got MoTM from the BBC this week - great work ,another great game from him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion