Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 am

Seriously -

If Henderson had played a poor game this thread would have lit up like a window in Amsterdam - there is no doubt about that

Henderson gets constant stick - some of it warrented a lot of it not

So when he puts in a performance that shows that the stick is unfair and a lot of the stuff said about him is false it’s only right to praise him

Henderson had a superb Captains game and gave the team everything you need from that role in the middle - excellent from him and hopefully it’s an upturn in form for him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:55 am

I think Lallana in pyjama is Hendo in disguise. :D

I agree he had a good game yesterday like many did however i do feel mate you go over the top.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:22 pm

Henderson is like a Volvo.

PROS- Safe, steady, reliable.

CONS- Will not get you laid
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Struggled in the first 15-20 minutes but was key to our win after that. Closed down the passing lanes so well and denied a very slick Napoli the space to really hurt us.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:14 am wrote:Seriously -

If Henderson had played a poor game this thread would have lit up like a window in Amsterdam - there is no doubt about that

So when he puts in a performance that shows that the stick is unfair and a lot of the stuff said about him is false it’s only right to praise him

Henderson had a superb Captains game and gave the team everything you need from that role in the middle - excellent from him and hopefully it’s an upturn in form for him

Hendo didnt have a bad game but you would never pick him one of our top 5 performers..I expect much more from a DM..Look at Alonso as a reference..You set the bar so low its ridiculous..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:25 pm

only me » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:04 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:14 am wrote:Seriously -

Hendo didnt have a bad game but you would never pick him one of our top 5 performers..I expect much more from a DM..Look at Alonso as a reference..You set the bar so low its ridiculous..

No one has said he is Alonso though have they ? And Alonso played in a different way to Henderson - he had Masher next to him to do all the “dirty work”

A DM in Klopps team does a lot of “dirty work” - tracking , covering full backs , supporting the CB’s , keeping the ball ticking over

Henderson did all that last night plus so much more - he was spreading the ball left and right , knocking the balls through the channels , putting it into the space for the full backs or wide players to run onto.

Early on he played a great ball for Salah who was clear but mis controlled. He sat there and allowed both Gini and Milner to go forward and support the front three and also a number of times he carried the ball forward himself with purpose even having a couple of pop shots , that’s with a number of interceptions stopping them gojng through plus a few crunching tackles - last night he was Klopps general and skipper

Another forum I am on had his as second in the MoTm award behind VVD - but I know he won’t get credit from people like yourself - but then it doesn’t matter , his teammates and manager will be the ones giving him the credit he deserves.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:14 pm

(yawn)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:48 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said........

We get the message Lallana now give it a fkg rest. Clearly you are satisfied with the level of quality that Henderson provides. Many of us aren’t and even you posted either yesterday or today that hopefully last nights performance, which earned him the lowest rating apart from Mané will improve his form.

As for the so-called wonderful long pass to Salah that you refer to, Salah miscontrolled it simply because the pass really wasn’t that great. That is indicative of how you see Henderson and how I see him.
Last edited by devaney on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:54 pm

devaney » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:48 pm wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said........

We get the message Lallana now give it a fkg rest. Clearly you are satisfied with the level of quality that Henderson provides. Many of us aren’t and even you posted either yesterday or today that hopefully last nights performance, which earned him the lowest rating apart from Salah, will improve his form.

As for the so-called wonderful long pass to Salah that you refer to, Salah miscontrolled it simply because the pass really wasn’t that great. That is indicative of how you see Henderson and how I see him.

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:57 pm

devaney » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:48 pm wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said........

We get the message Lallana now give it a fkg rest. Clearly you are satisfied with the level of quality that Henderson provides. Many of us aren’t and even you posted either yesterday or today that hopefully last nights performance, which earned him the lowest rating apart from Salah, will improve his form.

Are these some sort of official ratings then ? It seems to be your go to area when helping judge players ability?

And the pass was right on his foot - Salah miscontrolled it - bit silly to try and downplay the pass ( I guess because you stated he only plays sideways and backwards and 8 yards and the pass was a good 20 yards forward )

I guess it comes down to a player disproving people making them look a little silly - I really can’t see what’s wrong with giving a player praise when he deserves it and im not sure why people like yourself seem to get so upset and angry about that - it’s almost as if you resent the player playing well because it goes against your opinion

I had a good read through the whole thread - Henderson has now played for three Liverpool managers , getting close to 300 games for Liverpool plus 3 International managers - how the hell does someone who you think is “slightly above average” manage that ?

Have a nice week - I’ll be back when he next plays with my critique on his performance , I expect if it’s a below par one the thread will be a little bit busier
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 am

devaney » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:31 am wrote:Santa  - I honestly believe LIP is Benny !! I’m done with this  :laugh:

Either he is Benny the Noon or the bitter Cheesecakery   :laugh:  :rasp

/joking
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:16 pm

BTW LIP ,Today's performance by Fab shows how a real quality DM should play....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Fabinho didn’t play as a DM - him and Gini played as two old fashioned Centre Mids with Fabinho the further forward of the two a lot of time - could also see them doing the same when Henderson came on.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:37 am

Interesting team selection by Klopp. Obviously one that I approved of. The midfield without Henderson and Milner was considerably more mobile and a lot quicker and decisive but more importantly created far more for the forwards. 64% of the play and 36 attempts on goal speaks volumes for the way Liverpool played but more importantly the effectiveness of the midfield. Henderson’s role today was limited to about 9 minutes. He came on when it was 3-1 to help protect our lead.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext