JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:05 am

Ok Lallana let’s make it 4 FINAL WORDS !! :laugh:

Yes no denying he played well against Newcastle. This extract from a match report however sums up my thoughts very accurately: But,the Man of the Match on the day would probably have to go to the Reds’ skipper, who was influential from the middle of the park.Jordan Henderson has had his fair share of detractors, and he always will do, but if he can put in more performances like that one, the detractors will have less and less to moan about.The Henderson we saw today was the Henderson we want to see more of, preferably week in week out. He was positive on the ball, eager in the press and wanted to set Liverpool attacks moving with gusto.

I would have the Jordan Henderson that played against Newcastle first on the team sheet every week and for that matter so would Klopp.Unfortunately I have seen very little this season to suggest that we can rely on Henderson for regular quality performances and that is why he has his detractors and a key reason why I don’t rate him very highly. My problem is that he is just not consistent enough and that is no myth.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Plays much better when he keeps it simple and gives it to somebody who can do something rather than try himself.
Should be kept away from important games with teams with good midfielders
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:34 pm

I'm a big Henderson fan and it's for the simple fact that he wears his heart on his sleeve and he always gives 110 percent.

Unfortunately for Hendo he has limitations.. and also unfortunately for Hendo, Fabinho is a big upgrade in quality. He has a place still here as a squad player and a reliable squad player.. but if we want to move forward as a club we need to hand that armband to VVD.

I will support Hendo, always will do but we need to keep improving.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:49 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:34 pm wrote:I'm a big Henderson fan and it's for the simple fact that he wears his heart on his sleeve and he always gives 110 percent.

Unfortunately for Hendo he has limitations.. and also unfortunately for Hendo, Fabinho is a big upgrade in quality. He has a place still here as a squad player and a reliable squad player.. but if we want to move forward as a club we need to hand that armband to VVD.

I will support Hendo, always will do but we need to keep improving.

:nod good post- I agree 100%. There’s always room on the team for players of his quality and with his attitude. He certainly has a presence on the field.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:47 am

He will have to accept he is no longer captain and never more than a squad player though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:00 am

Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:43 pm wrote:Plays much better when he keeps it simple and gives it to somebody who can do something rather than try himself.
Should be kept away from important games with teams with good midfielders

This is ironically my biggest gripe with him. On Saturday everytime he got the ball he either played the safest pass going and offered nothing, or punted a long ball that surrendered possession. Completely agree that he isn't suited to play against the better sides. We lost that creativity with Fabinho filling in at centre half (as good as he was he needs to be in midfield).
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 am

thisisanfield.com gave the Hendog a 6 rating for his performance against Brighton which I thought was about right:

Quote from thisisanfield.com: "Although he saw more of the ball than anyone, rarely losing possession, a little more imagination was required at times.
It wasn’t a bad display by any means, with lots of good off-the-ball work and his experience on show, but he needed to influence proceedings more creatively"

And that is where I have a problem. Time after time this season he has played a very safe, boring and non creative style of football that leaves a lot to be desired. Look I know the lad isn't a donkey but on the other hand is he the type of player that is going to contribute massively towards us winning trophies. I'm not Hendo's biggest fan and probably never will be. He is simply far too defensive for my liking. Even his fans accept that he has limitations and it is true to say that applies to a lot of footballers and it might just be that Hendo's defensive controlling style of play is one of the reasons why we sit at the top of the Opposition Shots on Goal table after 22 games this season. If Kloppo insists on using Henderson in this way then it is vital that we have an extremely creative midfielder alongside him. Fabinho goes someway towards filling this role and hopefully in time Keita will show us all what he is really capable of.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:13 am

Talking in the office today, its generally agreed that Hendo is unimaginative and not the brightest light on the Christmas tree. He's not a natural footballer in the way Stevie G was. The key difference is a lack of instinctive vision.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Reg wrote:Talking in the office today, its generally agreed that Hendo is unimaginative and not the brightest light on the Christmas tree. He's not a natural footballer in the way Stevie G was. The key difference is a lack of instinctive vision.

Other than that, you like him...?
  :lookaround
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:42 pm

I think next season is the time for us to look for different options ,Henderson has done a steady job in the middle for us,but if I'm honest we now have more options available to take our game to a new level. We need to implement those options if we're to move forward.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:25 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Really good game from him today - him and Fabinho showing signs of a very good partnership in the middle , as a pair they were my “MoTm “
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:44 pm

Has upped his game and earning his place in the team, as it should be for everyone in the first 11. Long may it continue.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:00 pm

Played comparatively well. No major mistakes and didnt cost us the game
So, well done!
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 am

Hendo played well against a very tricky CP. Far more creative and authoritative in his captains role. More of the same required for the rest of the season.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext