JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:49 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:19 pm wrote:I actually hate criticising our players, but when I do its because they deserve it. I am so happy he didnt play today because if he had, I dont think we would have won. He has become a Lucas type person to me now; someone who makes me happy if they dont have a sh'it game. Someone who should just do the simplest of things and know his limitations. Someone who should stop kidding themselves they are world class, or even good enough to be captain of LFC. Someone who should think of how his stupidity and lack of ability can get us into serious trouble.
:nod

So on a day where we beat the bitters in the last minute to continue an unbeaten run your first thought is to post a critical message about a player who wasn’t even playing ?!

And as for we wouldn’t have won with Henderson playing - complete nonsense, Henderson has won more derbies than that whole Everton team and if Henderson was playing then the two Centre Backs wouldn’t have been as exposed as they were yesterday

Henderson is certainly a marmite player but the one person who rates him is his manager and he will come back into the team when available again. As Klopp says - he is his captain , his general and leader

When he fu'cks up again (which he will) the things I have said will become clearer to you. Just to correct you, this wasnt my first thought, but I was extremely thankful that he didnt play yesterday.
Oh, and by the way, Klopp talks through his ar'se
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 am

Well last minute was a very calm assured performance from the skipper - just kept things ticking off without any dramas and played it simple , some crunching tackles put in and got up to support as well.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:54 am wrote:Well last minute was a very calm assured performance from the skipper - just kept things ticking off without any dramas and played it simple , some crunching tackles put in and got up to support as well.

Mate you lack any integrity ,he was the poorest performer on the pitch ,he was useless as always with the balls ,didn't leave any impression on the defensive end and as to supporting the attack nothing..
The only reason i remember he even played was his spectacular slip on his a$$ while getting his legs tangled trying to kick the ball...summarize it all.

Fabinho should walk into the stopping DM role.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:28 am

Sorry but - you’re wrong simple as that

Henderson just did a nice calm job with no thrills -  no doubt did exactly what his manager wanted
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:54 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:28 am wrote:Sorry but - you’re wrong simple as that

Henderson just did a nice calm job with no thrills -  no doubt did exactly what his manager wanted

Sorry you are wrong.
I haven't seen any job done by Hendo...He was on the pitch that's it..If that's your benchmark for a positive performance then yes Hendo is Boss.
Klopp requires total commitment and loyalty from his players and in return he will reciprocate...At times at the expense of quality/value/skills..
So yes we will be seeing more of Hendo but for the wrong reasons...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:22 pm

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... p-reaction

Klopp: Always when Naby had the ball, at least something changed a little bit. We wanted to have positions to involve the players. To be honest, I don’t blame anybody or criticise – I would if there would be something to criticise. But we all know Shaq can play much better – turn in situations, get the ball and be a bit more decisive. The only ones who really tried to do something was Millie with runs in behind and Naby with the ball. Hendo shouldn’t be involved in that – he had to protect all the runners. So Naby made all the difference in a lot of moments. I think his blocked shot was the biggest chance we had in the first half, I’m not 100 per cent sure but at least it looked like a proper chance; Burnley blocked it. In the second half, the one-two with Mo [Salah] was a good finish and a bit lucky in that moment for Burnley. In the beginning it was really good and at the end. In the middle, we didn’t use him – I was shouting, ‘We have to use Naby!’ because he was not involved, we played long ball and big switches. Naby was constantly played over. When he was involved, he was really good.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:44 am

Lallana I love your positivity and my goodness this forum needs it. However I also agree with Thommo maybe not to the extent that I was glad that Hendo wasn’t playing but I certainly wasn’t bothered and I think that is the point. When Henderson got sent off just how many fans threw their arms in the air thinking that’s going to cause us a massive problem in our next game. The fact that it was only Burnley is irrelevant. The feeling wouldn’t have been any different if it had been Man City. Now if it had been Gerrard, when he was Henderson’s age, that was banned the attitude of the fans would be very different. Henderson plays a very safe, non creative and positively boring style of football and I certainly don’t rate him as a captain to lead by example. Hopefully that job will be given to VVD in the not too distant future who succeeds in just about every area where Henderson fails.

I try to subscribe to the view that Henderson is carrying out Klopp’s instructions but I really do struggle with that. Unfortunately Henderson and Wynaldum create  virtually nothing in midfield. When is the last time either of them scored or got an assist or even playe a defence splitting ball and don’t tell me that’s not their job. Just take a close look at the Man City players who play in similar positions and their creative style of play. At times it is frightening to watch. What we have now compared to Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano and Didi is depressingly poor. Hopefully Keita,Fabinho and Shaqiri will eventually go some way towards rectifying this depressing problem. Don’t misunderstand the point that I am trying to make. I am not for one moment suggesting that Henderson or Wynaldum are rubbish players. I am simply saying that they are not good enough to play for a team with title and CL aspirations.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Posted this in the Grujic thread and it really belongs here. It wa a response to Lallana.

To be honest I just don’t see it and never have done when it comes to Henderson and that certainly is not just my opinion. He joined us in 2011 and in the 2011/12 season we won the league cup and since then he has won nothing for Liverpool or England and he has been a key player for both teams. When he joined Liverpool for £18m a lot of people including myself questioned the price we paid for him. Sunderland supporters were not bothered that he left and in the eyes of many Liverpool fans that sentiment remains the same. When he doesn’t play for Liverpool  not only is he not missed we also play a more adventurous game.  I still maintain that at the Premiership level that he plays at he is slightly above average. Let’s face it he plays at a very high level and to be a be average is no mean feat. Perhaps I didn’t make my assessment very clear.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Don’t think it’s fair to judge a player on the trophies won by a team - a good number of players have played for the club but won nothing.

Henderson was good enough to be a regular first team starter for a team that nearly won the league , he was also a regular starter and captain for a team that went to the CL Final

Henderson played in over 40 games last season when we were scoring extremely high and playing a very entertaining brand of football

Over the years since Klopp arrived Henderson’s role has changed from being a more wider attacking midfielder to a player who sits in front of the back four and keeps the play ticking over - it’s ugly and gets zero plaudits and certainly doesn’t win any flair awards but it’s a crucial role to the team - one the manager values highly. He isn’t going to get the assists he used to get or get himself into the higher more creative attacking areas , Klopp has turned him into a very good defensive sitting midfielder - one who Klopp rates highly. They aren’t in the team to be the “creator” so for them to be judged on how many chances they create is unfair.

It’s also very noticeable over the last 12 months that Henderson sitting has helped improve the defence of the team which if going a long way to helping the team challenge for a title - take out Henderson and the CB’s are exposed a bit more - the Derby was a perfect example of that

Henderson is this teams Kuyt or Lucas - players who are unspectacular in the team but play a vital role for the team , players who the manager clearly rates but will never get the headlines , they aren’t blessed with breathtaking skill or ability and will always be looked at negatively but players who the manager and teammates will always appreciate more than fans
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:18 pm

devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:37 pm wrote:To be honest I just don’t see it and never have done when it comes to Henderson and that certainly is not just my opinion. He joined us in 2011 and in the 2011/12 season we won the league cup and since then he has won nothing for Liverpool or England and he has been a key player for both teams. When he joined Liverpool for £18m a lot of people including myself questioned the price we paid for him. Sunderland supporters were not bothered that he left and in the eyes of many Liverpool fans that sentiment remains the same. When he doesn’t play for Liverpool  not only is he not missed we also play a more adventurous game.  I still maintain that at the Premiership level that he plays at he is slightly above average. Let’s face it he plays at a very high level and to be a be average is no mean feat. Perhaps I didn’t make my assessment very clear.

Despite his injuries in the last couple of years, Henderson has managed to accumulate 300 appearances for us, mainly as a first team player. He has generally been able to play regular football under Dalglish, Rodgers and Klopp. He’s also managed nearly 50 caps for England by the age of 28 since Capello gave him his debut.

Nobody is saying he’s Gerrard, and no doubt he has his limitations, but surely you can acknowledge that he must be a bit more than “slightly better than average” to be relied on by so several football managers at the top end of the game.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm

NEARLY won the league and a terrible captains performance in the final of the CL is perhaps another way to look at it. And yes I agree he certainly has his limitation and that’s why I rate him as slightly above average. Creates virtually nothing. Definitely doesn’t lead by example. Passes the ball no more than 8 yards most of the time. If you are happy about that then we will never agree.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 pm

devaney » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 pm wrote:NEARLY won the league and a terrible captains performance in the final of the CL is perhaps another way to look at it. And yes I agree he certainly has his limitation and that’s why I rate him as slightly above average. Creates virtually nothing. Definitely doesn’t lead by example. Passes the ball no more than 8 yards most of the time. If you are happy about that then we will never agree.

Why is that seen as a negative? The length of a pass

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJRc8iLKBBw

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.this ... rpool/amp/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBiswZiWc-o

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyxttYvORyw

https://mobile.twitter.com/timduffy83/s ... 66?lang=en

Couple of vids that dispell some myths

As for leading by example - is that the only way to skipper a team ? The players respect him as their skipper
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Bloody hell, what have I started?
:laugh:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Bungle you are a trouble maker mate :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 pm

redshade » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:26 pm wrote:Bungle you are a trouble maker mate :D

Au contraire mate....just jovial banter.
:)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion