JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:44 pm wrote:Again it doesn’t matter what people will discuss in future - I don’t care , all that matters is what he does right now for the club . People will discuss players whatever they do - there will be plenty of players over the decades that won’t be classed as one of the best - doesn’t mean they aren’t good enough to play for the club

Stop waffling and just answer the question please.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:50 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:44 pm wrote:Again it doesn’t matter what people will discuss in future - I don’t care , all that matters is what he does right now for the club . People will discuss players whatever they do - there will be plenty of players over the decades that won’t be classed as one of the best - doesn’t mean they aren’t good enough to play for the club

Stop waffling and just answer the question please.

I answered the question - no one has said that Henderson will be remembered as one of our best centre Mids - so what , that doesn’t mean he isn’t good enough to play for us and doesn’t mean he is poor or average
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Posting links to support your argument is easy to do Lallana...

https://talksport.com/football/427876/l ... d-chelsea/

I don't rely on the internet when I can see his performances with my own eyes but this video , even though a year old, pretty much sums it up for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TkIA5TSxZQ

We all have our opinions of course...mine  is that to challenge for major honours consistently over the next few years we need a step up from Henderson.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Don’t know why you are bothering mate. Yakka has become a very negative grumpy old git  :( Some of his desperate recent attempts to gain the higher ground have been somewhat pathetic. Hodgson was a classic  :censored:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:56 pm

electrum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:51 pm wrote:Posting links to support your argument is easy to do Lallana...

https://talksport.com/football/427876/l ... d-chelsea/

I don't rely on the internet when I can see his performances with my own eyes but this video , even though a year old, pretty much sums it up for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TkIA5TSxZQ

We all have our opinions of course...mine  is that to challenge for major honours consistently over the next few years we need a step up from Henderson.

Talksport :lol:

And here is the opinion that counts

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.live ... -liverpool
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:19 pm

If his opinion is the only one  you want to hear what the heck are you doing on here ??? Just go to the official website - that way you will only hear what he has  to say

Also, you conveniently didn't say anything about the video which shows Hendos glaring deficiencies when compared with other players who are at clubs that we want to be competing with in PL and Europe.
As I said - I believe we need better to get to and stay at the top
Last edited by electrum on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 pm

And as has been pointed out before Klopp chose Moreno ( yes that clueless LB)  over Robertson for months-
I love Klopp but... Is he infallible ? NO
Did he see the need to strengthen/ upgrade the midfield we have ? Yes.. Unless you believe he waited 12 months for Keita so he can warm the bench and then splashed out 40 odd million for Fabhino to do the same,..
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Moreno actually had a pretty decent start last season until Robertson came in - and Robertson himself has even stated that he was very much overawed about being at the club and Klopp did the right thing easing him and making sure he was ready - if Robbo had played too early or when not ready he could have made a mistake ( like he did at Hull a few times ) and it would have ruined him.

Yes Klopp has strengthened the midfield - he also got one of the current ones to sign a new contract and keep him as skipper - that shows exactly what he thinks of the player
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:36 pm

electrum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:19 pm wrote:If his opinion is the only one  you want to hear what the heck are you doing on here ??? Just go to the official website - that way you will only hear what he has  to say

Also, you conveniently didn't say anything about the video which shows Hendos glaring deficiencies when compared with other players who are at clubs that we want to be competing with in PL and Europe.
As I said - I believe we need better to get to and stay at the top

No one has stated that Henderson doesn’t have deficiencies and no one has said he isn’t perfect - you can find videos for everything player who has played and make a good video - Gerrard for example used to give the ball away a lot especially when trying the Hollywood balls - no one is perfect

Far too many people put lazy labels on Henderson - the links and videos I posted show those labels to be false - they don’t claim him to be the greatest mid we have had but they show him to be a very good player

A poor or average player doesn’t keep playing for us , they don’t get the armband , they don’t get new contracts.

Henderson last season was a key player in getting the team to the CL - all these players people compare him to didn’t , he has previously been key to a team nearly winning the title - and now he will be key in a team looking to challenge and keep an unbeaten run going
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:39 am

I think Henderson is a good player with good skills, he beat Suarez in a ball juggling and cross bar challenge once so he does have better skills than it seems. I think the issues lie with his mental deficiencies, I just do not believe he is a “winner”. He is a nice lad, polite and he keeps his nose clean so the perfect professional. I do not think he is “captain material” for a team like Liverpool that has ambitions of multiple trophies and plays the way we do. He is perfect for a team like Leicester or Bournemouth, he may even be the best candidate to be England captain (better than the slurring Kane who when he speaks sounds like he has a bag of marbles in his mouth).

I do think it is an argument that will be resolved by next season as I am sure VVD will be our captain next year and that to me is captain material.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Was Lallana in pyjamas Benny the noon back in the day? if not he must be his twin brother, their posting style is identical lol
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:57 pm wrote:Was Lallana in pyjamas Benny the noon back in the day? if not he must be his twin brother, their posting style is identical lol

Agreed.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:57 pm wrote:Was Lallana in pyjamas Benny the noon back in the day? if not he must be his twin brother, their posting style is identical lol

Ghost of Shankly is Benny.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:26 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:57 pm wrote:Was Lallana in pyjamas Benny the noon back in the day? if not he must be his twin brother, their posting style is identical lol

WTF!!

Don't associate me with that scumbag.

No way Jose :p

I thought he was Stu the Red at first, an argumentative little turd.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:30 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:26 pm wrote:

WTF!!

Don't associate me with that scumbag.

No way Jose :p

I thought he was Stu the Red at first, an argumentative little turd.

Stu passed away a few years ago. Show a little respect.
Last edited by Pig Catcher on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion