JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:28 pm

I dont give two f'ucks whether its in the minority or the majority, he is what he is?
Now shut the fu'ckin gate Old McDonald
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:28 pm wrote:I dont give two f'ucks whether its in the minority or the majority, he is what he is?
Now shut the fu'ckin gate Old McDonald

'ee i ee i oh' farmer Ted  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Along with Milner covered every blade of grass and broke up play intelligently ,we will miss him in the return game his energy is infectious.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:47 pm

I'm hoping Can will be fit for the 2nd leg.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:53 pm wrote:Along with Milner covered every blade of grass and broke up play intelligently ,we will miss him in the return game his energy is infectious.

Agreed and he seemed to be quicker to release the ball than any of our lads last night, quick first touch to control, quick release. He'll be a miss for sure.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Absolutely brilliant last night ,Nainggolan's head must still be spinning with the amount of times he was robbed by Jordan,no fan could ask any more from the lad last night he was immense in that midfield  ,so too was Wijnaldum.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:31 pm

I agree a solid perfermance from Hendo. Hendo and Milner are crucila players for us currently and we need them fit.

I was really hoping we had sealed top 4 that way we could've just rested them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:20 am

I will admit that lately Henderson has been very good. He has kept things simple and used the ball well in possession and stopped attacks with his interventions. Yesterday he reverted to type a bit by trying to do things which were not really happening, and looked a bit slow and ponderous. Lets hope he gets back to his previous form in the next two games.
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:15 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.live ... l-contract

Well this will disappoint some

But great news and fully deserved
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:28 pm

In a 50-60 game season he has an important role to play. But there is no doubt in my mind that the number 6 role he has been playing under Klopp is an issue. His best work if off the ball. He can't turn on the ball, struggles when pressed and has to pass back, and when the game needs to be slowed down he injects panic rather composure into the side. He was far more useful when he was getting on the end of moves and pressing the opposition in their own half but I just don't think he's got it in him to play that way anymore. We really do need Fabinho to come to the fore and give the team another dimension from that number 6 role.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:32 pm

I've been critical of Henderson in the past (few haven't) but not the last 18 months or so as he's really improved under Klopp in particular.

New contract is a brilliant deal for him up to age 33 and I feel he could be like Milner and go for a while, understands his limitations and works doubly hard on his best attributes.

Henderson recycles the ball quickly and into good areas with accuracy. He nips at heels to win the ball back high up the field and is very successful tackler. Switches the game left and right really well.

Injury free I feel he will be a valuable asset over the next 5 years.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:45 pm

He works hard, shifts the ball quickly  mainly from side to side those five yarders, but often no end product like Lallana. His tackling / tracking back isn't great either.

I reckon VVD should be our captain at the end of this season.

I'm not his biggest fan, he and Milner. They are just lacking something.

Maybe they will prove everyone wrong and win us a trophy this season, but it didn't look that way last season in the league, towards the run in they all looked leggy and not much quality in there.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:24 pm

I'd move him playing the no8 role. He was brilliant there that year we nearly won the league as Gerrard started playing defensive mid. He deserves the new contract, he works hard, and wears his heart on his sleeve. Even if he doesn't start games he's still a massive squad member and adds real depth to our team. Congrats Captain!!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:03 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:24 am wrote:I'd move him playing the no8 role. He was brilliant there that year we nearly won the league as Gerrard started playing defensive mid. He deserves the new contract, he works hard, and wears his heart on his sleeve. Even if he doesn't start games he's still a massive squad member and adds real depth to our team. Congrats Captain!!

Until Fabinho proves otherwise, he's our best #6. I agree that his best position is probably higher up where he has a bit more freedom to press and try the more intricate pass but Milner has already made that position his own. The good thing about the midfielders we now have is that they are mostly interchangeable with no noticeable drop in quality (Keita starting to distinguish himself early on).

Well deserving of the new contract. Let's hope he leads the team to a trophy end of the season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:21 am

Henderson is a conundrum, im happy for him to be a squad rotation player but his current status as captain far exceeds his ability and importance to the team IMO, he isnt first choice number 6 as Fabinho and Gini are better and he isnt a first choice 8 as Keita, Milner and Gini are better than him there as well, yet as captain Klopp will find ways to put him in the team as you cant have your captain as a squad rotation player.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion