JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:13 pm

I think Hendo could be a useful player if we had a midfield full of artisans instead of grafters, as CR points out when he was tasked with doing Gerrard's running he actually looked a decent player. McCarthy does a similar job for Everton but obviously the big difference is that they have a creative type in Barkley in the middle of the park and we don't.
We need to find that fine midfield balance between creativity and graft and ATM our scales are tilted too far towards graft.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:21 pm

I think he is an ancillary player like Philip Neville. With other creative players around, he will fill in and be a value to the team, doing things others are not doing. But once he becomes one of the key players, he couldn't lift the team.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:05 am

We aren't divided mate. Henderson's time is up.

Klopp has no time for sentimentality.

We need a world class CM to assist Emre Can in the middle. Allen and Henderson are surplus to requirements.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:10 pm

eds » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:05 am wrote:We aren't divided mate. Henderson's time is up.

Klopp has no time for sentimentality.

We need a world class CM to assist Emre Can in the middle. Allen and Henderson are surplus to requirements.

Allen always reminds me a fan who's won a chance to play in the first team for 15 mins. He runs lots, tries hard, but hasn't got any skill. His tiny size also means he bounces off everyone on the pitch.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Yakka point is a good one. Our midfield is littered with mediocre grafters lacking vision. Just maybe Hendo would offer more with some real quality in the midfield. His attitude and determination is right up there.He will run forever for the team and that's a lot more than a few I could mention. I'm not his biggest fan but he would not be a priority sale in the summer for me. Possibly relieve him of the captaincy for a couple of games and see how that affects him.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:56 pm

devaney » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:28 pm wrote:Yakka point is a good one. Our midfield is littered with mediocre grafters lacking vision. Just maybe Hendo would offer more with some real quality in the midfield. His attitude and determination is right up there.He will run forever for the team and that's a lot more than a few I could mention. I'm not his biggest fan but he would not be a priority sale in the summer for me. Possibly relieve him of the captaincy for a couple of games and see how that affects him.

I agree too. JH was developing nicely under the tutelage of SG - He needs to be playing alongside a classy MF to get the best out of him.
If we can only get the classy MF by selling JH on then so be it.
---
A new classy GK IMO is priority as this position can have a knock on affect on the team as a whole.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:04 pm

until classy goalie drops a catch or lets one in at his near post then he'll be slated, abused and sold off as quick as you can say 'Bruce Grobbalaar'.

do you think Goalie is the top of the list for the transfer team/Klopp?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:20 pm

I must be in the minority here but I think Henderson is a very good player and I wouldnt sell him.
He's not had the best 12 months but has been severely hampered by this heel problem.
I thought he was one of our best players against Spurs though and if he can get back to the form of a couple of seasons ago then we will be fine.

Are there better players about = yes
Can we get them in = possibly not
Are there other areas of the team that are in greater need of being sorted out = for me definitely.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:12 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:04 pm wrote:until classy goalie drops a catch or lets one in at his near post then he'll be slated, abused and sold off as quick as you can say 'Bruce Grobbalaar'.

do you think Goalie is the top of the list for the transfer team/Klopp?

YES!
It's important as any other position in  the squad to present quality opposition to SM
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:42 pm

Hope his injury isn't as bad as Klopp feared in his post match interview.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:50 am

True Yakka, we'll miss him.

Ref goalies, both BVB and Man Utd's goalies kept them in the ties so they do add tremendous value.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:05 am

Apparently JK fears it could be a bad one, he left the stadium on crutches, a knee problem, some suggesting that's him out for the season
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:28 am

Reg » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:50 am wrote:True Yakka, we'll miss him.

Ref goalies, both BVB and Man Utd's goalies kept them in the ties so they do add tremendous value.

I am getting sick and tired of having a keeper who's not dominant, weak at crosses and corners and back passes. You can see how commanding the Dortmund keeper was. Whenever they had a free kick or corners, you can see that the team was scared to death, crowding around our 10 yard box, trying to protect our keeper. It creates more chaos. Mignolet's a nice guy and he did well last season after he was dropped. But we can't have a keeper that keeps losing confidence and form over and over again. At this point in time, even Kasper Schmeichel would be an upgrade on Mignolet. kasper is a relatively short keeper, but he's more solid and confident.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:34 am

He is a squad player at best. Hes obviously been struggling for fitness which is why his performances have been so average.
Should be kept well away from the captaincy if he stays
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:20 pm

Confirmed out for the season...

Press Association Sport understands the 25-year-old damaged the lateral collateral ligament (LCL) in his left knee during Thursday’s 1-1 Europa League quarter-final first-leg draw in Dortmund.

Henderson underwent a scan in Liverpool following the team’s return to Merseyside on Friday lunchtime to determine the extent of the injury.

While there is some positive news for the player in that it is an LCL problem and not a cruciate ligament, which is far more serious, and there is limited damage, it is still likely to sideline him for six to eight weeks – a typical LCL injury can often require three months’ recovery.

However, Henderson will not require surgery, just treatment and rehabilitation.

England coach Roy Hodgson will name his Euro 2016 squad in less than five weeks’ time on May 12, three days before the end of the Premier League season, with their first warm-up against Turkey on May 22.

Even in a best-case scenario, Henderson would only be close to a return by that later date but severely lacking in match fitness and it would represent a major gamble on Hodgson’s part to pick the midfielder, one it seems he is highly unlikely to take.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion