JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kukilon » Fri May 13, 2016 10:04 pm

He would be a good backup as a CM but no where captain material in a club like ours. Given special slack because he is english in my opinion.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri May 13, 2016 11:14 pm

No bottle and bang average
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 14, 2016 7:28 am

I like Henderson, he seems to be a nice guy. But as a player, he is very average. I think currently, Milner playing at CM is alot better than Henderson.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 14, 2016 1:08 pm

I don't hate him, but he definitely needs moving on. A new world class midfielder is where I expect us to invest the most, and with Can in the team Henderson will have to be sat on the bench, and I don't see him as a guy who'd be happy to be a squad player, as opposed to the likes of Allen and Lucas. He'd fetch a good price as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Think we've looked a lot better without him in the first team to be honest. He's not a bad player, but isn't good enough to be in the squad every week. Or to be captain.

Could easily see him going to Spurs or the like in the summer, unless he's happy being demoted.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat May 14, 2016 5:45 pm

His career was teetering on the brink under Klopp and this injury really has put him in peril now with the team looking far better without him.

I just dont think hes brave enough and doesnt possess the ability to move away from people in tight areas or play intelligent passes forward.

Hes far too one dimensional to play in a Klopp team.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:36 pm

I like him.  Not top class and not really captain material, but good enough to play plenty of games for us.  Milner has about one season left before his legs go and then he's basically finished given his style of play. Henderson can be that player for a few years more. No way would I sell him to be honest, unless we got a silly bid or he genuinely wanted to go.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat May 14, 2016 8:03 pm

He's never been my favorite player and I've criticized him often but I think people are being too harsh on him here. I wouldnt consider selling him unless we go out and buy 2 better CMs which is very unlikely to happen given how much that would cost. As things stand, he's still the 2nd best CM at the club behind Can. Do we need to buy a better CM ? Absolutely, but I'd keep Henderson as 3rd choice and he's bound to get plenty of game next season. He's versatile and we need players like him in the squad if we're competing on more than one front.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat May 14, 2016 10:20 pm

aCe' » Sat May 14, 2016 7:03 pm wrote:He's never been my favorite player and I've criticized him often but I think people are being too harsh on him here. I wouldnt consider selling him unless we go out and buy 2 better CMs which is very unlikely to happen given how much that would cost. As things stand, he's still the 2nd best CM at the club behind Can. Do we need to buy a better CM ? Absolutely, but I'd keep Henderson as 3rd choice and he's bound to get plenty of game next season. He's versatile and we need players like him in the squad if we're competing on more than one front.

Can, Milner and Allen are better....And even those aren't world class...Sell and upgrade
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun May 15, 2016 3:05 am

Henderson has little presence.

I like to compare players with our previous teams in terms of skill, leadership, impact and presence.

We have a unique team in some respects wih Firmino, Coutinho, Oirgi who are hard to define however I see Lallana morphing into a Ray Kennedy style of player (nothing fancy, but solid work rate, skilled and able to take goals), Coutinho is a bit of a Terry Mac (wouldn't call him Kenny) etc..

Point is, Henderson isn't a Souness, Jimmy Case or anyone, he falls between all the cracks.. doesn't dominate midfield, not a play maker (too many sideways passes) and he isn't a hard man as he likes to believe. And we need a midfield general like Souness/Gerrard.

It's ok to have one squad player who fills the gaps but both Hendo and Allen can't do that, and lately..... I prefer Allen.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 19, 2016 10:16 am

Thought it was rather telling that Henderson played no part yesterday...

Even when the players went to pieces on the field in the second half - with no leadership or anyone taking charge of the game - Klopp thought it better to bring on Allen over our club captain. That would never have happened with Gerrard, Carra, Hyypia or any other LFC captain I can think of.

Doubt he would have influenced the result though, his onfield presence is almost zero.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu May 19, 2016 4:36 pm

It goes to show how Hendo is not even looked up to by the rest. His not one of those charismatic game changers like SG. Whenever SG used to play or came back from injury his presence felt like a difference.
We need a proper leader in the team.
If Hendo is still captain next season were screwed. Hendo is better of doing modelling for clothes mags.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Henderson gave us the  complete captain's performance against Chelsea ,he was breaking up play ,barking orders ,orchestrating our midfield play ,and distributing the ball exquisitely. I think the lad is finally ready to shrug off the 'not captain material' tag and start pushing us  towards the top four positions ,it looks like finally ,he's prepared to carry the mantle into the new season. The  energy he exerts on that field is seemingly inexhaustible ,he was popping up everywhere on Friday ,and his goal was just icing on the cake.

Hats off to him ,the lad is becoming a leader ,and not before time !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Im hoping we will keep his performance consistent now and replicate his 13/14 form.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:21 pm wrote:Henderson gave us the  complete captain's performance against Chelsea ,he was breaking up play ,barking orders ,orchestrating our midfield play ,and distributing the ball exquisitely. I think the lad is finally ready to shrug off the 'not captain material' tag and start pushing us  towards the top four positions ,it looks like finally ,he's prepared to carry the mantle into the new season. The  energy he exerts on that field is seemingly inexhaustible ,he was popping up everywhere on Friday ,and his goal was just icing on the cake.

Hats off to him ,the lad is becoming a leader ,and not before time !

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion