JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:55 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:50 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 pm wrote:I'm a bit confused.

Isnt this good news ?

I think it is.

A deal that big suggests that Hendo is seen as an integral part of our midfield for the foreseeable future. Personally I think we need a significant upgrade in CM, imo it should be our number 1 priority this summer.

I agree  :nod 
If they are paying him that much though its highly unlikely it will be available for a new recruit. No disrespect to hendo but he is not worth that. We can go on about not having this and that to spend but our problem has always been what we are spending it on.

I wouldn't sell him though but I would allen and lucas. Replace them with carvalho and song and we will soon have a midfield that will not only provide adequate protection in defense but also a route through midfield and support up front. Even if we don't get both, one of them alongside can would be streets ahead of what we have now.

A striker is also needed. A proper one, the worst thing we can do gamble again on sturridge's fitness. They need to get someone capable of 20+ in a season and its not origi, not writing the lad off but he has had a poor season in france and its a big step up here. We have to aim higher than danny ing's also.

At the moment though I have absolutely no faith we will get some top players in. It will be more kids and excuses as to why top players prefer to live elsewhere and earn more money.

Carvalho's a good shout mate but I'd like to see someone more creative than Song next to him, Veratti or Barkley would be ideal but the odds of getting either of those 2 are pretty slim, the likes of Chelsea, City and United will be fighting it out for their signature.
That lad from Roma (Pjanic) is a good player, wether he'd come here without CL footy though is open to debate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Hendo's a decent player but I'd imagine that the alleged interest in him is more due to his being English and decent enough to perform certain limited roles throughout the season. Nobody seems to claim he's a great player, or that he's a born winner or leader and yet, if he signs this new deal then he'll be an integral part of our squad, and, as is expected, he'll take the armband.
So on the pitch we have a reasonably versatile and hardworking, honest player, known to tow the line and not rock the boat. A teachers pet, if you will. But he lacks the personality and charisma that is required to drive a team such as ours on. Players won't look to Hendo to back them up against physical confrontations with lower table and lower league oppositions. He's just not that kind of guy. Ruddock, Gerrard, Terry and Keane all spring to mind of the kind of guy that we need. So without the natural leadership skills, then we need a guy who's performance on the pitch can lead us, and as we all know, Hendo isn't that skilful. So why him? I'm honestly confused. Is it because of that fight he nearly had in the tunnel? Can't remember who it was against, but it seems to have really impressed some people. Talk about soft.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Santa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:54 am

His stock is ripe to be sold this year, not because I think he is no good but he is not GOOD ENOUOGH is our target is to be challenging for the title every season. The problem is, with him being an integral part of the squad and taking the arm band, then it is not likely that we will sign someone better in his place. Here's the dilemma...Hendo's is hardworking but not skilful enough, put in his fair share of work but yet go missing when we needed him the most, managers loves him but he's no leader on the pitch. So is his contract extension a good news or ultimately a decision that will weigh us down? tough call this
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Every team does need players like hendo  :nod Our problem is that we have too many  :nod
A good start for him would be learning how to tackle, He is a big lad but a pussy who runs around standing people up and jockeying them for minutes at a time without putting a shoulder or a foot in. He has enough attributes to become a top player but I don't think he has the head for it.

For a lad with his size and energy he should be bulldozing his way through midfield.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Delighted he's signed ,Henderson now just needs a manager who will play to his strengths as opposed to one who subsequently renders said powers ineffective by playing
him in a position as preposterous as WB .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce Jordan Henderson has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The 24-year-old has committed his future to the Reds by penning the deal at Melwood today.

Immediately after inking the contract, Henderson told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm over the moon that it's finally done.

"There has been talk about it for a while now. It's brilliant news for me to commit my future to this football club - I really feel that it's a good time for us to look forward to the future, with the squad we've got, the manager, the size of the club and the fans we've got. I really think, over the next few years, we can challenge and start winning trophies.

"That's the next phase; we've improved massively over the last few years, and I think the next phase for us is to start challenging for titles and trophies as well."

Henderson joined Liverpool from Sunderland in June 2011 and to date has made 180 appearances for the club, scoring 20 goals.

Under the tutelage of Brendan Rodgers, the midfielder has established himself as a regular starter in the Reds first team and was installed as the club's vice-captain in September last year.

The manager said: "Jordan is a brilliant professional and his dedication to his career and football in general makes him a role model to all young players.

"He has faced adversity in his time at Liverpool, but his improvement, growth and development is entirely down to his own hunger, commitment and willingness to learn and be better.

"The fact he has made such a long-term commitment to Liverpool is a sign of his belief in what we are looking to do here. He will have a crucial role to play as we look to take this side forward and look to add success to the progress we have made.

"I am very excited about our future and what this group can achieve together; today's announcement is another important positive step forward.

"The owners are committed to creating a team that can grow, improve and ultimately win together. We have seen some very important contract renewals this season and I'm confident, under Ian Ayre's stewardship, we will see further commitments made and more exciting talent secured and added to our squad."

Those other contract renewals have also seen Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge pledge their long-term futures to Liverpool.

Chief executive officer, Ian Ayre, believes such deals serve as proof the players are confident they can achieve their goals at Anfield, both personally and collectively.

He said: "Jordan's commitment is a great boost to us and a further sign that our key personnel are excited about the direction of the club and what can be achieved here as we continue to strengthen our squad under Brendan's guidance. Jordan is an ambitious player and he believes, as we do, those ambitions will be fulfilled at Liverpool.

"He joins Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge as players who have signed long-term contracts with us this season. This, other renewals and further additions in the summer are all part of moving the club forward.

"Jordan's focus was always on remaining at Liverpool and he never wavered in his commitment to Liverpool throughout the process. With contract negotiations it is the outcome that matters and not the timing - and we had excellent dialogue with Jordan and his representative. We have secured an outcome that is positive for both the player and club.

"As a club we are committed to investing in the team and our manager and a crucial part of that commitment is retaining the talent we have currently have and making sure they grow, develop and achieve success with us, here at Liverpool."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:21 pm

How long did he sign for ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:59 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm wrote:How long did he sign for ?

Must have been a couple of seconds, maximum.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:39 pm

aCe' » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:59 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm wrote:How long did he sign for ?

Must have been a couple of seconds, maximum.

LOL  :laugh:
It is hendo though and he probably passed the pen around the table a few times before using it so I'd say he was at least 20 before he spent another 15 to write his name  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:10 pm

If you look at the goals he's contributed in open play, its quite impressive compared to the rest.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-04-23-19-56-38~2.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-23-19-56-38~2.jpg (72.27 KiB) Viewed 837 times
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:16 am

Henderson is an ok lad ,hard worker kuyt like engine but no matter how you twist it it's pretty depressing we just signed a squad player for a 100k and made him captain...Future doesn't look so bright.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 am

just because he's captain doesn't mean we can't or won't sign a big CM name close season. Being a big bollocked hard nut of a CM doesn't automatically make you captain material either so I think Hendo getting the armband is no really an indication of FSG or BR's intentions at strengthening the team. Just my 2p worth like.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:04 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 am wrote:just because he's captain doesn't mean we can't or won't sign a big CM name close season. Being a big bollocked hard nut of a CM doesn't automatically make you captain material either so I think Hendo getting the armband is no really an indication of FSG or BR's intentions at strengthening the team. Just my 2p worth like.

They won't offer that kind of salary to a new signing  :no  so I don't believe we will sign that big name CM.

I agree you don't have to be a hard man to be captain but you do need that as an attribute if you want to be a leader which is sadly what we need. Hendo has great work rate and I'm sure he is a popular lad in the dressing room but on the field I don't think he has the kind of respect from the players that the likes of gerrard or suarez would have. The kind of respect that makes the others go that extra yard for the cause.

Imo that is something that has been drained out of the club over the last few years both on and off the field.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:16 pm

If we were to get a new manager could we have Hendo's new contract annulled on account of the last manager being a nut bar? Or would we need to find someone equally insane to buy him and take 100k off the books?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 am

RedAnt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:16 pm wrote:If we were to get a new manager could we have Hendo's new contract annulled on account of the last manager being a nut bar? Or would we need to find someone equally insane to buy him and take 100k off the books?

He will be more than likely to leave on a bosman as no one would take that wage on top of a fee  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion