JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:17 am

He's a one trick pony mate, 'I love running' sums him up perfectly.

He doesn't have a leader's character and he isn't a stand out player. I'm not even sure he'd get into the Spurs team never mind the top 3-4 sides. Rafa would see him as a rotation player. He is not a Costa or Mata style game changer. He's a very highly paid runner.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 am

Reg I used to share your opinion of Henderson but I do believe that he has developed into more than just a headless chicken. At the end of last season his determination to win against City was right up there and his enthusiasm resulted in him being red carded. In the three subsequent matches we missed him to the extent that his ban possibly cost us the league. I still don't think he is the finished article but he is a far better player than the one BR was prepared to let go to Fulham as part of the Dempsey deal. He is no Gerrard but he is improving.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:12 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:51 am wrote:Sell him and bring in someone like Veratti or Barkley.

Veratti imo is one of the best 5 CMs in the planet. He'd easily get into the Barcelona side so why you think we have any chance of getting him is a mystery to me. He's a key player for one of the top sides in Europe, winning the league and advancing to the late stages of the CL every season. Barkley is nowhere near Veratti atm and his latest 'im a striker not a midfielder' statement is just his way of saying he doesnt want to defend. Good prospect Barkley is but what we need is someone who will come in and contribute right away.

I'd look at Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Montolivio, etc who are all better players than Henderson imo.

Reg got it right with that line:  " 'I love running' sums him up perfectly. "
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:14 am

'Headless chicken' is an accurate description mate because without a strong player alongside him he seems to fade away. He's a wingman not a leader hence we need to replace Stevie to restore balance.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:26 am

Reg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:14 am wrote:'Headless chicken' is an accurate description mate because without a strong player alongside him he seems to fade away. He's a wingman not a leader hence we need to replace Stevie to restore balance.

I think the words "best of a bad bunch" unfortunately come to mind regarding Henderson and the captaincy. Would I lose a massive amount of sleep if we sold Henderson and Sterling? The answer unfortunately is a categoric no and that perhaps tells me more about their ability than anything else. That unfortunately applies to most of the team with perhaps the exception of Coutinho, Sturridge and Can. Bit of a shame but that is where we are at IMHO.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:44 am

devaney » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:26 am wrote:
Reg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:14 am wrote:'Headless chicken' is an accurate description mate because without a strong player alongside him he seems to fade away. He's a wingman not a leader hence we need to replace Stevie to restore balance.

I think the words "best of a bad bunch" unfortunately come to mind regarding Henderson and the captaincy. Would I lose a massive amount of sleep if we sold Henderson and Sterling? The answer unfortunately is a categoric no and that perhaps tells me more about their ability than anything else. That unfortunately applies to most of the team with perhaps the exception of Coutinho, Sturridge and Can. Bit of a shame but that is where we are at IMHO.

I think that's a bit harsh on some of the other players mate (Sakho, Ibe etc)
I actually think we've got the makings of a very good side, the back 3 is decent (Can, Skrtel, Sakho) and I like some of our AM's, Coutinho is top quality and I think the likes of Ibe and Markovic will be big players for us going forward too (people forget how young Markovic is, he is younger than the likes of Texiera and Suso).
I'm not 100% convinced by the keeper but to be fair he is not a David James type liability either so I wouldn't say a new keeper is an absolute priority, the one area for me that is an absolute priority though is central midfield.
That is where games are won and lost, we even won the CL with a strike force of Baros and Cisse mainly because our midfield was so good.
If we had a dominant pairing in the centre of the park a lot of our other players like Coutinho, Markovic, Ibe, Sturridge etc would grow in stature so even if it means ripping up the moneyball blueprint for one window the club has to go all out this summer to bring in quality CM's.
It won't be easy without CL footy but it's about time our transfer committee pulled a rabbit out of hat and surprised everyone with a huge transfer coup.
Sell Sterling and Hendo to raise the money.
I didn't watch Soccer Saturday on Sky but my mate was telling me that Phil Thompson basically said it wouldn't matter what the club offered Sterling his heart is set on a move (which was pretty obvious going by that unsanctioned interview he gave to the BBC)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:45 am

Still can't believe it, freaking Henderson man  :laugh: holding us at ransom. He'd still be at Sunderland if it weren't for us, nobody else would have signed him I'm sure of it. In fact, I'm quite sure that the best he could do right now is still a couple of positions lower than us. I'm talking about the likes of West Ham and Swansea, that sort of clubs. I actually like Henderson, I think it's important to have a player like him, but he's no where near good enough to be DEMANDING stuff from the club. 15 % pay raise is more than enough for him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:21 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Hendo is a very good player?

He keeps getting better and better every week. I think he would be a good captain. He does play a lot lot better when Gerrard doesn't play like.

I for one wouldn't ever want to sell him.  CM's like him are hard to come across in this day and age.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Hendo is a good player and is key to the first team now.

The thing is, Hendo’s contract should have been well sorted by now (sorted last summer I’d say). However, the difficultly was that he was expected to get the captains armband therefore on a  “captaincy” contract.  The delay is partly because SG is still here and is captain until the end of the season.  Anyway, in all honesty, someone at the club should have had plans in place and got it done last summer instead of allowing his contract negotiations to get to this stage.

Additionally, the other reason because of the delay is down to  the ongoing top down review of LFC (though things should be settling down in the near future). Changes ‘behind the scenes’ i.e. backroom changes etc has meant things are being done differently for a period of time.  However, I’m pretty sure it would have been alright if LFC were in the top 4, but actually failing to get CL is an issue, miracles do happen, so hopefully, the teams above LFC drop points, whilst LFC win all remaining games.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:55 pm

On the subject of b0ll0cks transfers, - Hendo has been linked with Chelsea -  this made me laugh today  :D

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:08 am

Liverpool's Jordan Henderson set to sign new contract worth £100,000 a week after talks breakthrough

Midfielder expected to succeed the departing Steven Gerrard as captain this summer had rejected the club's £80k per week offer PLUS: Inter eye Balotelli

Jordan Henderson is ready to commit his long-term future to Liverpool by signing a new £100,000-a-week deal.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands the deadlock over a new contract for the man set to succeed Steven Gerrard as the Kop captain has been broken in the last few days.

Midfielder Henderson, who has just over a year left on his current deal, turned down an £80,000-a-week offer as he wanted a package that reflected his growing influence at the club.

It now seems likely he will seal the four-year deal by the end of the season.

It is a major boost for boss Brendan Rodgers, who is still reeling from Raheem Sterling’s refusal to accept a new contract also worth £100,000 a week - and the 20-year-old’s TV interview suggesting his decision was based on ambition.

Liverpool are reluctant to increase their offer – especially as they are likely to take a financial hit on £16million misfit Mario Balotelli.

Roberto Mancini, who worked with the Italian striker at Inter Milan and Manchester City, is back in charge at Inter and ready to offer Balotelli another lifeline.

Mancini will be given funds but Inter want the 24-year-old on loan - given Liverpool’s failed gamble.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:53 am

He's gonna have to do a lot of running to justify 100 thou a week.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:54 am

What a world we live in when Jordan Henderson is worth 100k a week. Look around the world at the players earning that amount or over. I'm not sure any other team in the world would see Hendo as a captain figure and in the 100k bracket.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:02 am

Reg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:53 am wrote:He's gonna have to do a lot of running to justify 100 thou a week.

:laugh:  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:15 am

RedAnt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:54 am wrote:What a world we live in when Jordan Henderson is worth 100k a week. Look around the world at the players earning that amount or over. I'm not sure any other team in the world would see Hendo as a captain figure and in the 100k bracket.

On the flip side there are worse players earning more. 100k for Henderson is appropriate
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion