JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:42 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm wrote:Man City is looking to revamp their midfield...reckon we could nick £40M off them for Hendo?

City will be trying to replace Toure with someone like Pogba, Barkley or Veratti mate, not Hendo.
Saying that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that one of the big teams might sign him as a squad player (sort of a Milner/Obi-Mikel type) but they certainly wouldn't pay £40m for him, we'd be lucky to get half that.

City need their fair share of English quota in CL...so yeah they may want to lure him away. Anything north of £30M will be a good return for us. Not that he is utter shite mine you, but for us to challenge for the league we will need better quality than Hendo at his present standard
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:17 am

Santa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:12 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:42 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm wrote:Man City is looking to revamp their midfield...reckon we could nick £40M off them for Hendo?

City will be trying to replace Toure with someone like Pogba, Barkley or Veratti mate, not Hendo.
Saying that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that one of the big teams might sign him as a squad player (sort of a Milner/Obi-Mikel type) but they certainly wouldn't pay £40m for him, we'd be lucky to get half that.

City need their fair share of English quota in CL...so yeah they may want to lure him away. Anything north of £30M will be a good return for us. Not that he is utter shite mine you, but for us to challenge for the league we will need better quality than Hendo at his present standard

If we bought a decent replacement we wouldn't miss the lad for a second.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:25 am

Totally anonymous
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:03 am

Love him or Hate him, this is breaking news on the BBC website...

Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson is close to agreeing a new £100,000-a-week five-year deal with the club.
Henderson, 24, is likely to take over as captain when Steven Gerrard leaves Anfield at the end of the season for Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy.
The former Sunderland player is expected to sign the new contract this week - ending months of talks.
The England international joined Liverpool from the Black Cats in 2011 in a deal worth around £20m.
Vice captain Henderson's current deal would have expired at the end of next season but with Gerrard moving to the USA in June, the former Sunderland midfielder is seen as the future.
Henderson has scored seven goals in 55 appearances for the Reds this season.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:53 am

cardiff-red » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:03 am wrote:Love him or Hate him, this is breaking news on the BBC website...

Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson is close to agreeing a new £100,000-a-week five-year deal with the club.
Henderson, 24, is likely to take over as captain when Steven Gerrard leaves Anfield at the end of the season for Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy.
The former Sunderland player is expected to sign the new contract this week - ending months of talks.
The England international joined Liverpool from the Black Cats in 2011 in a deal worth around £20m.
Vice captain Henderson's current deal would have expired at the end of next season but with Gerrard moving to the USA in June, the former Sunderland midfielder is seen as the future.
Henderson has scored seven goals in 55 appearances for the Reds this season.

Never a 100k a week player...But it is what it is.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:17 am

He was always going to get it  :nod Not because he is worth it  :no But because we can't afford to lose him  :nod

Its things like this that will drive us down that path of mediocrity. 100k a week and club captain  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:32 am

I dunno wether to laugh or cry. I was afraid we'd build the squad around him. Who made this choice? Surely the guys at the top can see Hendo isn't captain material. It's not just about the lads mannerisms and lack of influence, but how leaderless we've looked under him. And 100k a week! With no CL football!
I really hope I'm being naive and that the professionals in charge know what they're doing. Hendo reminds me of the kid in school that no one liked, except the teachers.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:45 am

Liverpool Echo have posted the story now too http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ew-9086776

They are saying will sign this week
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:47 am

RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:32 am wrote:I dunno wether to laugh or cry. I was afraid we'd build the squad around him. Who made this choice? Surely the guys at the top can see Hendo isn't captain material. It's not just about the lads mannerisms and lack of influence, but how leaderless we've looked under him. And 100k a week! With no CL football!
I really hope I'm being naive and that the professionals in charge know what they're doing. Hendo reminds me of the kid in school that no one liked, except the teachers.

It's apparent their are no professionals in charge at this stage.....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm a bit confused.

Isnt this good news ?

I think it is.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 pm wrote:I'm a bit confused.

Isnt this good news ?

I think it is.

A deal that big suggests that Hendo is seen as an integral part of our midfield for the foreseeable future. Personally I think we need a significant upgrade in CM, imo it should be our number 1 priority this summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Decent enough lad Henderson but shows how far we have fallen that someone of his limited ability
is captain and the kingpin of our club.

I find it disappointing to be honest.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:20 pm

It's a bit of a tricky one regarding him being captain.
There arent really a load of candidates though. I can see the point about people being disappointed but I think a lot of the disappointment is because we have just had such and iconic figure captain the club for so long it seems a major downgrade.

However the captain doesnt have to be a massive iconic figure, yes it helps but it's not the be all and end all.
Henderson seems to me very vocal and is also the one who is in the refs ear so his influence on games in that sense I am not too worried about.
In the past we have had Redknapp captain us. Who to me is in a similar mould to Henderson.

I agree that we need some more quality in midfield but for me that would be alongside Henderson. He isnt the best player in the side but he is pretty good at almost everything and with better players around him can be a vital cog in the side.

What he wont be is a captain that pulls us out of the sh!te time and again like Stevie did. But to be fair how do you replace that ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:50 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 pm wrote:I'm a bit confused.

Isnt this good news ?

I think it is.

A deal that big suggests that Hendo is seen as an integral part of our midfield for the foreseeable future. Personally I think we need a significant upgrade in CM, imo it should be our number 1 priority this summer.

I agree  :nod 
If they are paying him that much though its highly unlikely it will be available for a new recruit. No disrespect to hendo but he is not worth that. We can go on about not having this and that to spend but our problem has always been what we are spending it on.

I wouldn't sell him though but I would allen and lucas. Replace them with carvalho and song and we will soon have a midfield that will not only provide adequate protection in defense but also a route through midfield and support up front. Even if we don't get both, one of them alongside can would be streets ahead of what we have now.

A striker is also needed. A proper one, the worst thing we can do gamble again on sturridge's fitness. They need to get someone capable of 20+ in a season and its not origi, not writing the lad off but he has had a poor season in france and its a big step up here. We have to aim higher than danny ing's also.

At the moment though I have absolutely no faith we will get some top players in. It will be more kids and excuses as to why top players prefer to live elsewhere and earn more money.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:20 pm wrote:It's a bit of a tricky one regarding him being captain.
There arent really a load of candidates though. I can see the point about people being disappointed but I think a lot of the disappointment is because we have just had such and iconic figure captain the club for so long it seems a major downgrade.

However the captain doesnt have to be a massive iconic figure, yes it helps but it's not the be all and end all.
Henderson seems to me very vocal and is also the one who is in the refs ear so his influence on games in that sense I am not too worried about.
In the past we have had Redknapp captain us. Who to me is in a similar mould to Henderson.

I agree that we need some more quality in midfield but for me that would be alongside Henderson. He isnt the best player in the side but he is pretty good at almost everything and with better players around him can be a vital cog in the side.

What he wont be is a captain that pulls us out of the sh!te time and again like Stevie did. But to be fair how do you replace that ?

I'd replace both Hendo and Allen, they just don't get a grip of games, they are good at harrying and chasing but their passing is sideways and backwards. For a pair of grafters they get bullied out of games too easily as well, they were just bouncing off Fellaini the other week.
We need to find a pair of players that can dictate games, games are won and lost in midfield and we need a major upgrade in that area.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion