JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Reg » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:56 am wrote:Yeah but there's also no need to open yer mouth in public every time and make the player feel like a useless tw@t either.

Henderson's clearly not the brightest light on the Christmas tree and appears to have zero character about him however I'd  expect the manager to keep this kind of analysis to himself as making it public serves no purpose whatsoever.

Yeah like he knows how to do that  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:08 pm

:laugh:

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 pm

The fact Hendo is potentially the future captain of Liverpool is a joke and is rightly portrayed as such.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:50 pm

I'll say strip him off the vice-captaincy duty and gave it to Emre until Jordan has committed to the club...by that I don't mean the club should offer him a derisory salary and expect him to stay, but if this lad think he's a StevieG now and can command the same package, then the message down from the hierarchy should be crystal clear. Take the band off him and let him bugger off to....er...Barcelona??? LMFAO

Why it seems only the English lad have managed to grow an elevated sense of entitlement before they achieved anything of significant ? can't be the food or water then as Coutinho happily signed on?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:05 pm

"I love running"  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 am

Santa » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:50 pm wrote:I'll say strip him off the vice-captaincy duty and gave it to Emre until Jordan has committed to the club...by that I don't mean the club should offer him a derisory salary and expect him to stay, but if this lad think he's a StevieG now and can command the same package, then the message down from the hierarchy should be crystal clear. Take the band off him and let him bugger off to....er...Barcelona??? LMFAO

Why it seems only the English lad have managed to grow an elevated sense of entitlement before they achieved anything of significant ? can't be the food or water then as Coutinho happily signed on?

The fact that Henderson and Sterling haven't concluded contracts + BR is possibly underpaid demonstrates we've morphed from feeder club into a top 3 club and will end up with the same structure Ure, Chavs, Citech, PSG, Real and Barca - pay for loyalty or they'll get on the merrygoround of moving to other top clubs.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Excellent post. Really great, great post in fact, great laugh!! :;):
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:27 am

James Pearce of Liverpool Echo saying this morning that a new deal is wanted by bothparties, just a little negotation and compromise by both sides, but deal nearly there
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Hendo's value should not be underestimated and that coming from me shows just how much he has improved. I really wouldn't have lost too much sleep if he had gone to Fulham a couple of years ago. He is almost unrecognisable compared to the player that originally arrived at Anfield. A mate of mine who is a Sunderland fan couldn't really understand why we were so keen on buying him especially for close on £20 million.He regarded him as very average and nothing particularly special.

I seriously believe that if Henderson hadn't missed those three vital games at the end of the season when he was red carded we might just have managed to win the league.He would've made a massive difference against the likes of Chelsea and Crystal Palace.

Currently and I think most people would agree that he is no Stevie Gerrard but it is also fair to say that there are very few players in the world of that quality. Hendo is improving and his confidence is growing and that has undoubtably come with the additional responsibility of being vice captain.

WE NEED TO KEEP HIM !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:15 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:27 am wrote:James Pearce of Liverpool Echo saying this morning that a new deal is wanted by bothparties, just a little negotation and compromise by both sides, but deal nearly there

I agree wholeheartedly with this. We have to keep him. Surely some sort of compromise can be reached? He could be at our club for years to come and become a real legend. He can only keep on improving
:;):
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Reports today suggest that Henderson has turned down a new contract of £80K a week. What the hell is happening here? His agent must have adviced him that he can get more money and who can blame him? He's vice-captain soon to be captain, and he's been offered less than that little toe rag Sterling has just turned down.

FSG must have thought buying young players with "potential" was a great move, and would save on wages... well look what happens when there contracts run out and there egos get out of control when they get abit older.

Clubs in turmoil.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:45 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:19 am wrote:Reports today suggest that Henderson has turned down a new contract of £80K a week. What the hell is happening here? His agent must have adviced him that he can get more money and who can blame him? He's vice-captain soon to be captain, and he's been offered less than that little toe rag Sterling has just turned down.

FSG must have thought buying young players with "potential" was a great move, and would save on wages... well look what happens when there contracts run out and there egos get out of control when they get abit older.

Clubs in turmoil.

Look at the difference in attitude between Henderson and Sterling to Coutinho.
Greg Dyke is waffling on about changing the rules to get more English players in the prem but as soon as English players start to build a bit of a profile for themselves they all start thinking they are legends in their own lifetime.
I'd show the pair of them the door in the summer, they think they are better than they actually are.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:28 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:19 pm wrote:Reports today suggest that Henderson has turned down a new contract of £80K a week. What the hell is happening here? His agent must have adviced him that he can get more money and who can blame him? He's vice-captain soon to be captain, and he's been offered less than that little toe rag Sterling has just turned down.

Clubs in turmoil.

Football players these days know fine well what they are at when they choose an agent. They go for the same agents that have secured big deals for other players and they don't give a toss as long as he is getting them maximum value.
Look at Lukaku and that muppet he just signed with  :nod  Look at what the clown came out and said about the player not ending up at a club like Everton if he was his agent last summer. If he was to line up a bigger move in the summer Lukaku isn't going to stop it either. They know what they are doing when they sign with these agents.

Hendo isn't a fantastic footballer at all but unfortunately he is a crucial part of the team and losing him would be a big loss. FWIW I do think he will sign but it is worrying that it hasn't been done by now as I would have thought he would have snapped it up. I don't blame him for holding out either considering he is club captain and it was only 3 years ago that we tried to offload him in part exchange for Dempsey so maybe he feels he deserves more.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Henderson's athleticism and energy were vital last season when we were carrying Gerrard but now that Gerrard isn't there anymore he isn't as significant as he once was.
Sell him and bring in someone like Veratti or Barkley.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion