JONJO SHELVEY - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:44 am

Shelvey has always flattered to deceive; he can play of that there is no doubt but he does not show it often enough. He seems like a Danny Murphy type (not that he is half the player Danny was) in that he may well bloom later in his career when he has matured more as a person and is less of a baby!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:24 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2383856/Jonjo-Shelvey-I-didnt-fair-crack-whip-Liverpool.html

Jonjo Shelvey has claimed he was not given ‘a fair crack of the whip’ at Liverpool – but expects to thrive at Swansea City now that he has left Steven Gerrard’s shadow.
The 21-year-old managed only nine starts at Liverpool last season and such was his deteriorating status that they were happy to offload him for £6million this summer.
Both sides of the deal think they got a bargain, but Michael Laudrup afforded himself a smug grin on Thursday night after watching the one-time England midfielder excel in Swansea’s 4-0 Europa League demolition of Malmo.

Shelvey has a lot more to prove over the coming season, not least because the expectation is that he could be a long-term successor to Leon Britton as Swansea’s pass master.
For Shelvey, the necessity is playing time – something that was scarce in a midfield led by Gerrard.
He said: ‘You can’t put me and him (Gerrard) in the same sentence because it’s just ridiculous how good he is, but people have compared me to him and that is just an honour. I have gone from living next door to him to living on a farm out here but it is good.

‘I have enjoyed every minute of being here so far, and my missus is loving it as well. It is a big, big thing to leave, to come away from one of the biggest clubs in football, but I felt that I needed to come and play.
‘I didn’t want to sit behind people. I felt that I wasn’t getting a fair crack of the whip at Liverpool but that’s football. I can’t fault any of the players there because they were first class.
‘I felt my days had come to an end, I needed to get away whether it was on loan or permanent, but I needed to leave and try to get some football.’
In some respects, the challenge of attaining that at Swansea will not be much easier than at Anfield. In addition to Britton, Laudrup has re-signed Jonathan De Guzman on loan and recruited Jose Canas from Real Betis, while Ki Sung Yeung remains from last season.
Even with the demands of the Europa League, five ambitious central midfielders is a lot to juggle and Laudrup indicated on Thursday that no selection is a certainty.
Shelvey said: ‘If I play the majority of the games I feel my performances will start to get better. The hardest thing for a young professional footballer is consistency and that is what I have to try and find and take myself to that next level.’

Best of luck to him at Swansea ,he obviously only has good things to say about his time at Liverpool.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:34 pm

LFC will receive £3.5m from the Jonjo Shelvey move from Swansea to Newcastle
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:23 pm

C-R » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:34 pm wrote:LFC will receive £3.5m from the Jonjo Shelvey move from Swansea to Newcastle

That's abit of a head scratcher. I thought Jonjo was maturing as a very good CM. I wouldn't even mind having him back at LFC. But now he makes a sideways move? And why would Swansea be "strengthening" their relegation rivals?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Swansea had enough of him so thats two Premiership teams that hes been moved on by now.

Probably do alright at Newcastle for 6 months get in the England squad then disappear without trace next season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:35 am

Damn I wanted him back but his career hasn't kicked on like I wanted it to. 3.6 mil is a nice kicker.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:30 am

He's coming for you.
He's coming for you.
Harry Potter
He's coming for you.

:laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion