Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 am

Welcome Joe.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 am

Made up with this signing.

A midfield of Allen, Lucas and Gerrard is very exciting  :)
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Swansea fans :D

Why the f**k is he at the f*****g game when we've not even heard from the club officially that they have made the release fee bid of £15m?
Why the f**k are we finding out about it because some Hawk Eye behind a camera for ESPN spotted him having a cuppa in the stand witht he Directors?

It would just be nice for fans to find out this kind of information through the official site rather than spotting him in the crowd at a Liverpool game that's all.

I'm not saying Joey is a saint, far from it, but he probably knows that the 15m the club get for him is very overpriced and that the club he has grown up with will benefit greatly from the money that is generated from his sale? Maybe he knows himself he'll struggle to reach the level of performance he sustained last year for this upcoming season, with it being an extended season for him with the olympics, and that his value will drop. However, he is also lining his pockets and gets the chance to play European football, albeit they won't get very far as they'll send out a scratch team to 'concentrate on the strains of getting top 4 football'.

So Agger might be off and then Liverpool will want Williams – does Brendan ever buy players that have not played under him before? So much for making Liverpool great again, if he only buys Swansea players and Chelsea rejects.

Gotta agree with them though, if we found out that one of our players is joining another club through the tv instead of the official website, it's kinda fked up.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:49 pm

if he`s as good as this mornings echo is making out then we have just signed the next graeme souness.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Simari » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 am wrote:
redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 pm wrote:so by buying allen that puts hendo and adam out to pasture. i keep saying it we need a creative midfielder and a winger. lets see when stevies out injured how well we do im guessing not to good. We did exact same thing last season sent creative midfielder away and brought defensive midfielder hendo in and look how that turned out. Every top team bar us has one defensive midfielder and one creative. Stevie doent suit that role before you say.

It doesn't hurt to welcome a young, new talent to the club. Take a break from your endless criticism of everything that is LFC and welcome Joe Allen to the club.

I for one am glad that he's here. We are indeed moving towards a much younger squad who will continue to gain experience playing as a team.

Looking forward to this season :buttrock
  Ye  i do criticise alot you know why. Cos we keep making the same mistakes year after year. Allen is a good player but more defensive than creative. We have an abundance of similar type players and when your transfer budget is so low money could of been spent on more important areas. So get off your high horse cos i see things that you obviously dont. I see our midfielders apart from Stevie constantly going sidewards then backwards then hoofing it upfield. Plus i wonder how henderson is gona be feeling after brendans statement about his underling love for Allen which i thought was abit OTT to be honest. I do think he will be a good workhouse for us but at this level were severley lacking creativity in the middle.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:53 pm

redalltheway36 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:09 pm wrote:
Simari » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 am wrote:
redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 pm wrote:so by buying allen that puts hendo and adam out to pasture. i keep saying it we need a creative midfielder and a winger. lets see when stevies out injured how well we do im guessing not to good. We did exact same thing last season sent creative midfielder away and brought defensive midfielder hendo in and look how that turned out. Every top team bar us has one defensive midfielder and one creative. Stevie doent suit that role before you say.

It doesn't hurt to welcome a young, new talent to the club. Take a break from your endless criticism of everything that is LFC and welcome Joe Allen to the club.

I for one am glad that he's here. We are indeed moving towards a much younger squad who will continue to gain experience playing as a team.

Looking forward to this season :buttrock
  Ye  i do criticise alot you know why. Cos we keep making the same mistakes year after year. Allen is a good player but more defensive than creative. We have an abundance of similar type players and when your transfer budget is so low money could of been spent on more important areas. So get off your high horse cos i see things that you obviously dont. I see our midfielders apart from Stevie constantly going sidewards then backwards then hoofing it upfield. Plus i wonder how henderson is gona be feeling after brendans statement about his underling love for Allen which i thought was abit OTT to be honest. I do think he will be a good workhouse for us but at this level were severley lacking creativity in the middle.

Here's a wacky idea.

How about we wait for the season to start and see if the managers decisions work out or not.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Not pleased with the reported fee but hes a good player, the comparisons with Xavi are a bit of a stretch but he does play in a similar way to the little Barca genius in that he sits deep and orchestrates the sides tempo. In all honestly Im just happy that Adam wont be guaranteed a start and alot of pressure will be off Hendo as (hopefully) Brendan wont be forced to start him every week like Kenny had too last season and he will be able to properly develop into a quality player.

Now then, what about some wingers?  :lookaround
burjennio

Postby andy_g » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:13 pm

i don't see allen as a predominantly defensive player. he's good at getting back and disrupting attacks, but then he can also be lightning fast about getting back up to the other end and orchestrating attacks. his range of passing goes wwwaaayyy beyond the sideways and backwards for anyone that cares to watch. i think that him and even henderson could work together in midfield if they develop an understanding. at sunderland, henderson was always very good in a more attacking role and allen would probably allow him to do that more. in fact, lucas, allen and henderson could work quite nicely together for the inevitable occasions when stevie g is injured.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:44 pm

andy_g » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:13 am wrote:i don't see allen as a predominantly defensive player. he's good at getting back and disrupting attacks, but then he can also be lightning fast about getting back up to the other end and orchestrating attacks. his range of passing goes wwwaaayyy beyond the sideways and backwards for anyone that cares to watch. i think that him and even henderson could work together in midfield if they develop an understanding. at sunderland, henderson was always very good in a more attacking role and allen would probably allow him to do that more. in fact, lucas, allen and henderson could work quite nicely together for the inevitable occasions when stevie g is injured.

That's the thing, he's an offensive threat, and yet he was one of the top tackling cm's last season as well.  That doesn't make him defensive, that makes him diverse.  A great attacking player who also plays great defense.  Sound like somebody we know?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Hoping for some good things from him we'll have to see. He looks like a high energy player able to link with others, score the odd goal from outside the box and create a few too.

The manager believes that he fits into his high tempo/possession strategy so lets see what impact he makes.
friendlyguy33

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Allen is player signed from a unfashionable club and as such is under the radar of the big
hitters in world football.

If he turns out to be half the player Rodgers describes he will not only only be a terrific
asset to us but also a double your money sell on for FSG and truth be told thats the main
reason the lads here.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 am

I really hope he does well.

Once again we have over-paid for the sake of getting a British signing, but lets hope he does much better then Henderson and Carroll last season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:29 am

Welcome to LFC!

Please be better than Henderson!!
killerp

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Welcome Joe Allen.

I feel for Swansea City, after being told that Liverpool won't poach their players, we've gone and signed one of their best players and a bright young talent.
Boxscarf

Postby redalltheway36 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:58 pm

sorry off topic R.I.P Sid waddel dies 72 of cancer. The guy was hilarious didnt think he was that old.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion