JOE ALLEN- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:48 pm

It looks like the fee for him was 15m and he'll earn 40k.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:55 pm

The difference between Allen and Adam is that Allen's first day here was spent with an lfc t-shirt on, whereas Adam's first day was in a suit.
kartiek

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Welcome Joe!  :)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:24 pm

What a fantastic opportunity for the lad, welcome. Now lets see Adam go the other way.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Reg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:24 pm wrote:What a fantastic opportunity for the lad, welcome. Now lets see Adam go the other way.

don't think his new wife would approve of that  :oh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 pm

so by buying allen that puts hendo and adam out to pasture. i keep saying it we need a creative midfielder and a winger. lets see when stevies out injured how well we do im guessing not to good. We did exact same thing last season sent creative midfielder away and brought defensive midfielder hendo in and look how that turned out. Every top team bar us has one defensive midfielder and one creative. Stevie doent suit that role before you say.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 am

Rodgers on Allen

"Joe is a player whose profile will fit perfectly with the ideas of this group.

"His ability to control and dominate the ball is an important ingredient in our attempt to gain success on the field.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:57 am

Welcome to the club Allen!!

YNWA
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:26 am

Welcome... he will be our version of Xavi...  :nod
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:57 am

From the Telegraph:

"Brendan Rodgers says new signing Joe Allen is so good he could be mistaken for being Spanish.

Rodgers completed the £15 million deal for the 22-year-old and claimed he’d have paid even more to ensure his priority signing moved to Anfield from Swansea City.

“This boy, when you see him play, you'd think he was a Spanish player, a real European player. I would have paid many more millions for this kid,” said Rodgers.

"He is a unique player in that he's a British player who doesn't give the ball away. When he comes into this team you'll see the difference he can make.

"He's incredible on the ball, his intelligence for a 22 year old is frightening, his game understanding is very, very good and he's in love with the football. He loves the ball.

"He wants the ball all the time - he has so much courage to get on the ball and play and I think he'll fit in really, really well with all the other clever players we already have here.

"I'm excited about the prospect of him fitting in with our front four. Joe will fit in with that well, but there is a lot of improvement to make in the team. It will get better and better as each day goes on.

No pressure then Joe!

Welcome to the club young man, may you grow into the player Rodgers sees!
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 am

redalltheway36 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 pm wrote:so by buying allen that puts hendo and adam out to pasture. i keep saying it we need a creative midfielder and a winger. lets see when stevies out injured how well we do im guessing not to good. We did exact same thing last season sent creative midfielder away and brought defensive midfielder hendo in and look how that turned out. Every top team bar us has one defensive midfielder and one creative. Stevie doent suit that role before you say.

It doesn't hurt to welcome a young, new talent to the club. Take a break from your endless criticism of everything that is LFC and welcome Joe Allen to the club.

I for one am glad that he's here. We are indeed moving towards a much younger squad who will continue to gain experience playing as a team.

Looking forward to this season :buttrock
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby bowolf42 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:20 am

My only is with Brendan stating he would have paid many more millions to sign him, then in the other breath he says he's amazed at how the pitch gets hiked up as we are LFC, bit of a numpty there son and it does no favours to us in our negotiations to bring new players in, it's obvious how excited he was at landing Joe but in the future Brendan just use the 10 second rule before you speak!
Supporting LFC is not a hobby it's more important than work, the Wife and only slightly less important than the kids!
bowolf42
LFC Basic Member

Postby bowolf42 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:21 am

F....n iPad!!! I think you guys will understand my point
Supporting LFC is not a hobby it's more important than work, the Wife and only slightly less important than the kids!
bowolf42
LFC Basic Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:28 am

The controller has arrived.

Rodgers fit to burst over this one, super excited  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:33 am

a great interview here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otk7gWJWHJ8

seems to be very level headed
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion